• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh my Gods what non-sense you have made. In culture groups "Baltic"(which is only old Prussian, Latvian and Lithuanian) you added only Latvia and Estonia(which is same as Finnish) and Slavic-Polish added Polish and LITHUANIAN! That is insult at this time. Add american culture to Baltic states if that's fun for you.

Oh my Gods what non-sense you have made. In culture groups "Baltic"(which is only old Prussian, Latvian and Lithuanian) you added only Latvia and Estonia(which is same as Finnish) and Slavic-Polish added Polish and LITHUANIAN! That is insult at this time. Add american culture to Baltic states if that's fun for you.

:confused: Well while it's a mistake, let's not judge creators of this game. It's a tough work to know everything about every culture on planet earth. Though any source can witness how wrong this is.
Baltic culture is completely separated from the slavic group. http://media.web.britannica.com/eb-media/69/369-004-C4B3C69D.gif This map shows cultural areas of modern days I think. The baltic culture area should be about the same in Victoria2 timespan. + some lands in ostpreussen and just somewhat towards Poland and Belarusia.

Relax, it's just a gameplay mechanic.

Incredible job. Not to mention the long line of wonderful HOI3 patches. And not to go off topic or be mean-hearted at all. But I paid top dollar for SRCW and it takes them six months per patch. I love 'em but I am starting to feel the "ready when it's ready" mantra is being pushed a bit.

Relax, it's just a gameplay mechanic.

Well it sure is an invasive and things-changing mechanic in that region. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was a unique union precisely because it connected two very different cultures into one country. They weren't two similar countries that just decided one day that they are similar enough to become as one as happened with events like German and Italian unifications. Also this just encourages Lithuanian and Polish players to simply annex each other instead of managing a union (why unite when their lands belong to your culture group). It should be possible and fairly simple to create an event in which if both countries agreed, a Polish-Lithuanian union would be born. It is unnecessary for Polish-Lithuania to tolerate both cultures (provided it's not possible to edit by event?), Polish language was pretty dominant where things mattered anyway. A simple workaround could be a new culture "Polish-Lithuanian" which would become the main culture of Poland-Lithuania in case it is united with Polish, Lithuanian and Ruthenian cultures as acceptable/tolerated.

Well it sure is an invasive and things-changing mechanic in that region. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was a unique union precisely because it connected two very different cultures into one country. They weren't two similar countries that just decided one day that they are similar enough to become as one as happened with events like German and Italian unifications. Also this just encourages Lithuanian and Polish players to simply annex each other instead of managing a union (why unite when their lands belong to your culture group). It should be possible and fairly simple to create an event in which if both countries agreed, a Polish-Lithuanian union would be born. It is unnecessary for Polish-Lithuania to tolerate both cultures (provided it's not possible to edit by event?), Polish language was pretty dominant where things mattered anyway. A simple workaround could be a new culture "Polish-Lithuanian" which would become the main culture of Poland-Lithuania in case it is united with Polish, Lithuanian and Ruthenian cultures as acceptable/tolerated.
The Commonwealth was around for centuries and so would still have been in people's minds a half century later. What you ask for in game mechanics is actually extremely complex and makes it impossible to represent Polonisation

The commonwealth was a union of both country's, but not united into one country. Both country's had different army and diff economy. It's written in it's 3'rd statute.
Also Polish peoples could not buy land in Lithuania as well as Lithuanian could not buy lands in Poland(once you create this PLC majority of Lithuania's pop is soon to become polish).

There i can tell you about two great rebellions of Poland-Lithuania where you can see which territories was Lithuanian(the great duchy) which was polish(the kingdom):
1) rebellion of 1931(starts in north Lithuania): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Uprising
and here..well at least you can see what Poland was at game start http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/72/Congress_Poland_in_1815.PNG so you would not call Belarus as Poland's historical territory before 1921;

2) rebellion of 1961(starts in Poland) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_Uprising
Lithuanian rebels territory http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaizda...prising_in_Lithuania,_Belarus_and_Ukraine.JPG
Polish rebels territory http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaizdas:Battles_of_January_Uprising_in_Congress_Poland_1863-1864.JPG
So you can see that "Grodno" state had rebellion of both country's(both Lithuanian and Polish pop's lived here). Also Mariampole(>10proc. pop's mostly high class was polish) and Kaunas(~8proc.high class kept them selves as polish because of historical cultural polish domination). All rest - Kiev, Minsk, Volyn, Vitebsk -were Lithuanian rebels. This is polish article so nobody should argue i presume. And this should change the political map of Poland, Lithuania and the commonwealth(if rebels would decide to win and create commonwealth).
Thank you for attention.

Last edited:
I just freshly removed and reinstalled vicky II and just downloaded AHD from gamersgate (wanted a fresh start cause I haven't played for ages)
Checksum SIUX. Fail? :(

All rest - Kiev, Minsk, Volyn, Vitebsk -were Lithuanian rebels. This is polish article so nobody should argue i presume. And this should change the political map of Poland, Lithuania and the commonwealth(if rebels would decide to win and create commonwealth).
Thank you for attention.
You're walking on the weak ice my friend. You're upset that polish culture is in one culture group with lithuanian ? Is that really weird, if they used to form one country for more than 200 years ? And this " polish-lithuanian culture " would be even more game only mechanism than current solution. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth express in game what PLC looked like before partitioning. So it's primary culture is polish, and lithuanian ruthenian and byelorussian are accepted - and it would be historically correct.
And the rebbellions you recall don't explain which part was lithuanian and which one was polish at all. Congress Poland was polish of course, but Grand Duchy of Lithuania was made by lithuanian byelorussian and ruthenian people mostly (with polish minorities, mainly higher classes). Calling it lithuanian (as culture dominating in country) would be over-interpretation of history.
So PLC cores are representing borders of PLC before partitioning and Poland cores are representing polish territory after WW1.