• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is it just me, or are bureaucrats and administrative efficiency way easier to promote now? I've checked all over the map and it seems that there are almost no provinces with less than 75% admin efficiency. Is this a result of the "updated pop promotion scripts" mentioned in the changelog?

I recently got A house divided on steam( along with patch 2.31, but now, whenever I try to start Victoria 2 it does not even start. It goes to the little start up screen but when I press play Victoria 2 it just turns off. No error messages or anything. The little square around my steam profile goes from green to blue again. There are no notifications of any kind. Help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently got A house divided on steam( along with patch 2.31, but now, whenever I try to start Victoria 2 it does not even start. It goes to the little start up screen but when I press play Victoria 2 it just turns off. No error messages or anything. The little square around my steam profile goes from green to blue again. There are no notifications of any kind. Help would be greatly appreciated.

You will get help much more quickly by posting in the tech support forum.

Great Britain is still completely useless at defending itself? I had them as an ally fighting a war of their own against France and Russia. Both sides were maybe 500 strong.

France and Russia were occupying Australia and most of the colonies in Africa and South America. GB had only taken small parts of Alaska, but even lost them as Russia sold them to the USA during the war. Nothing was happening in Europe except France blockading GB.

GB had a 250 000 strong armies standing in Ireland, Canada and India with which they did nothing. They also had maybe 100 000 strong army in Indonesia too. Hundreds of ships standing idle on some remote Caribbean islands or closer to the South Pole instead of fighting of those blockades and stopping all those invasions.

Why can't GB do anything? They're completely useless as an ally if they're incapable of launching an invasion. (Of course they will launch a 100 000 strong invasion against you if you're playing as a small nation. But just for themself or you they won't do anything).

I'm a bit puzzled but it seems there is no mods at all selectable on lists at launcher screen. It's all empty. I have mods in mod folder, with mod01.mod, mod02.mod and so on with mod01 folder, and so on. Not sure what happened here since I installed AHD. Was modding changed between base and AHD?

EDIT: I'm on 2.31 version and I got the game through Steam

I'm a bit puzzled but it seems there is no mods at all selectable on lists at launcher screen. It's all empty. I have mods in mod folder, with mod01.mod, mod02.mod and so on with mod01 folder, and so on. Not sure what happened here since I installed AHD. Was modding changed between base and AHD?

EDIT: I'm on 2.31 version and I got the game through Steam

Try moving the game outside the steam folder and see if that works.

I'm trying to patch to 2.31 and it says it cannot find AHD installed when it clearly is. I tried to update with the launcher and that also did not work. Every time I launch the game crashes. I'm playing through steam. Any idea what the problem is?

you mean declare war without cb? would be possible to mod that but consider that in 1836, there was no "Blitzkrieg" or "Total War" ideology - historically, it is more accurate that way. Victoria just ends when these things started to change in the late 1930s.

I have looked through this thread and tried all of the solutions and yet i still get the same pop-up "Could not find a house divided installed". I have Victoria Gold edition and it's not on steam either so if you could help me it would be great.

I just freshly removed and reinstalled vicky II and just downloaded AHD from gamersgate (wanted a fresh start cause I haven't played for ages)
Checksum SIUX. Fail? :(

Had this same problem with the same checksum (SIUX). I loaded the game a second time like calvinhobbeslik suggested and voila, I got the correct checksum.

I have a Greece turn Byzantine Empire game and a few things popped up after a change:
- there is a sign Byzantine Empire on European side of Bosphorus and Byzantine Greece on Asian side;
- as Ottomans are separated - in Asia there are 2 signs - Ottoman Empire and Ottoman Africa, even though there are no african provinces there and there is an additional Ottoman Africa in Libia;
- Greece had some debts in nationality bank and i got a Greece bancrupty CB;
- Byzantine armies don't see the rebels, as if they were from another country - Greece.

Is this meant to be so?

Glitches Causing Game to Crash

My Steam copy of Victoria II: A House Divided is repeatedly breaking down on me. Fo
some reason I am not permitted by the website to start a thread to deal with this, so I have come here.

When I originally purchased Victoria II it worked perfectly, and continued to be a fantastic experience after ‘A House Divided’ as well. However, some time down the track it started to have develop a visual glitch where the tab wallpapers did not align on the startup panel, but aside from that it still worked fine.

ScreenshotVictoriaIIMalfunction1_zps5c45b346.jpg

I recently decided to reinstall the game a couple of weeks ago on my new computer, and I have been dealing with serious glitches eve r since, which almost invariably lead to game crashes after a while.

First, the same strange startup panel visual malfunction is in place, but now there are serious game problems too.

At first it is just minor things, such as a units text flickering between Infantry/Artillery/Cavalry, or the tooltip that would pop down if I rested my cursor over a tab would just have a misaligned unreadable text below it.

ScreenshotVictoriaIIMalfunction4_zpsc248fb4f.jpg

ScreenshotVictoriaIIMalfunction6_zps39c2427d.jpg

I verified the integrity of the game cache, and that helped the tooltip text problem, but now something else always happens:

If I play for more than roughly half an hour, when I go to the Technology or build military tabs the whole background will flicker on and off, tabs and icons will flicker and disappear, numbers wont be visible, and so on in a manner that would bring an epileptic to a seizure.

ScreenshotVictoriaIIMalfunction8_zps70936f42.jpg

ScreenshotVictoriaIIMalfunction9_zpsbd2a46f3.jpg

ScreenshotVictoriaIIMalfunction11_zpsbb21caeb.jpg

If I click the mouse where a tab should be, a unit still begins to be produced, but if I do it more than twice then the game will crash and a simple “Victoria II has stopped working will come up.

I have done numerous reinstalls, and verifications which always claim to fix the problem, but when I come back there is always one file missing.

What could this problem be? What can I do? If this is the wrong place to post asking for help, where can I go?