+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Victoria 2 - A House Divided 2.31 patch out!

Oh my Gods what non-sense you have made. In culture groups "Baltic"(which is only old Prussian, Latvian and Lithuanian) you added only Latvia and Estonia(which is same as Finnish) and Slavic-Polish added Polish and LITHUANIAN! That is insult at this time. Add american culture to Baltic states if that's fun for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Liuciferis View Post
    Oh my Gods what non-sense you have made. In culture groups "Baltic"(which is only old Prussian, Latvian and Lithuanian) you added only Latvia and Estonia(which is same as Finnish) and Slavic-Polish added Polish and LITHUANIAN! That is insult at this time. Add american culture to Baltic states if that's fun for you.
    Well while it's a mistake, let's not judge creators of this game. It's a tough work to know everything about every culture on planet earth. Though any source can witness how wrong this is.
    Baltic culture is completely separated from the slavic group. http://media.web.britannica.com/eb-m...4-C4B3C69D.gif This map shows cultural areas of modern days I think. The baltic culture area should be about the same in Victoria2 timespan. + some lands in ostpreussen and just somewhat towards Poland and Belarusia.

It's probably just to make a new Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth and easier possibility. Relax
    Wonder is the basis of worship.

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Relax, it's just a gameplay mechanic.

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III Collection
    Lost Empire - ImmortalsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

So..... What IS the "Great Wars mechanic"?
    Looked in the updated manual. no info.
    Looked in the forum stickies, no info.
    Googled, only found MOD info..

So is it the same as this http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...for-Victoria-2
    Or what?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyElven Legacy Collection
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossKing Arthur IILost Empire - ImmortalsMajesty 2March of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

Incredible job. Not to mention the long line of wonderful HOI3 patches. And not to go off topic or be mean-hearted at all. But I paid top dollar for SRCW and it takes them six months per patch. I love 'em but I am starting to feel the "ready when it's ready" mantra is being pushed a bit.
    "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Relax, it's just a gameplay mechanic.
    Well it sure is an invasive and things-changing mechanic in that region. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was a unique union precisely because it connected two very different cultures into one country. They weren't two similar countries that just decided one day that they are similar enough to become as one as happened with events like German and Italian unifications. Also this just encourages Lithuanian and Polish players to simply annex each other instead of managing a union (why unite when their lands belong to your culture group). It should be possible and fairly simple to create an event in which if both countries agreed, a Polish-Lithuanian union would be born. It is unnecessary for Polish-Lithuania to tolerate both cultures (provided it's not possible to edit by event?), Polish language was pretty dominant where things mattered anyway. A simple workaround could be a new culture "Polish-Lithuanian" which would become the main culture of Poland-Lithuania in case it is united with Polish, Lithuanian and Ruthenian cultures as acceptable/tolerated.

Pan Celticist Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lithuanian2 View Post
    A simple workaround could be a new culture "Polish-Lithuanian" which would become the main culture of Poland-Lithuania in case it is united with Polish, Lithuanian and Ruthenian cultures as acceptable/tolerated.
    Except that wpuldn't be simple at all. And why would PL deserve that, but not Yugoslavia?

Quote Originally Posted by Lithuanian2 View Post
    Well it sure is an invasive and things-changing mechanic in that region. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth was a unique union precisely because it connected two very different cultures into one country. They weren't two similar countries that just decided one day that they are similar enough to become as one as happened with events like German and Italian unifications. Also this just encourages Lithuanian and Polish players to simply annex each other instead of managing a union (why unite when their lands belong to your culture group). It should be possible and fairly simple to create an event in which if both countries agreed, a Polish-Lithuanian union would be born. It is unnecessary for Polish-Lithuania to tolerate both cultures (provided it's not possible to edit by event?), Polish language was pretty dominant where things mattered anyway. A simple workaround could be a new culture "Polish-Lithuanian" which would become the main culture of Poland-Lithuania in case it is united with Polish, Lithuanian and Ruthenian cultures as acceptable/tolerated.
    The Commonwealth was around for centuries and so would still have been in people's minds a half century later. What you ask for in game mechanics is actually extremely complex and makes it impossible to represent Polonisation
    Proud modder of MEIOU & Taxes

MEIOU & Taxes soundtrack.
    90 minutes of high quality music period appropriate for EU4, is 100% legal and 100% free.

patch keeps saying i dont have it installed after reinstalling several times thru steam

The commonwealth was a union of both country's, but not united into one country. Both country's had different army and diff economy. It's written in it's 3'rd statute.
    Also Polish peoples could not buy land in Lithuania as well as Lithuanian could not buy lands in Poland(once you create this PLC majority of Lithuania's pop is soon to become polish).

There i can tell you about two great rebellions of Poland-Lithuania where you can see which territories was Lithuanian(the great duchy) which was polish(the kingdom):
    1) rebellion of 1931(starts in north Lithuania): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_Uprising
    and here..well at least you can see what Poland was at game start http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...nd_in_1815.PNG so you would not call Belarus as Poland's historical territory before 1921;

2) rebellion of 1961(starts in Poland) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_Uprising
    Lithuanian rebels territory http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaizdas...nd_Ukraine.JPG
    Polish rebels territory http://lt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaizdas..._1863-1864.JPG
    So you can see that "Grodno" state had rebellion of both country's(both Lithuanian and Polish pop's lived here). Also Mariampole(>10proc. pop's mostly high class was polish) and Kaunas(~8proc.high class kept them selves as polish because of historical cultural polish domination). All rest - Kiev, Minsk, Volyn, Vitebsk -were Lithuanian rebels. This is polish article so nobody should argue i presume. And this should change the political map of Poland, Lithuania and the commonwealth(if rebels would decide to win and create commonwealth).
    Thank you for attention.
    Last edited by Liuciferis; 03-06-2012 at 22:07.

The patch looks great, odd I didn't notice it earlier!

Does this patch fix the liquor problem, which prevents me getting any troops or cannons?

Corporal
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSengokuThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander2 View Post
    The patch looks great, odd I didn't notice it earlier!

Does this patch fix the liquor problem, which prevents me getting any troops or cannons?
    Wondering this too, because this bug made me quit my V2-save some months ago.

Achtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireKing Arthur II
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesV2 AHD BetaPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by pellson View Post
    Wondering this too, because this bug made me quit my V2-save some months ago.
    I don't know on an official level, but I haven't noticed any problems making guards now. Not like pre AHD where you could have them in queue for years and make 1 a year or less at least.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

I just freshly removed and reinstalled vicky II and just downloaded AHD from gamersgate (wanted a fresh start cause I haven't played for ages)
    Checksum SIUX. Fail?
    „Ich spreche Spanisch zu Gott, Italienisch zu den Frauen, Französisch zu den Männern und Deutsch zu meinem Pferd.“

Karl der V.

"In this game, it’s always best to have an excuse if you want to go to war with someone. It’s as if the world is an easily distracted PE Teacher, happy to wave away any concerns if you have some sort of note but wrathful if you have no good reason for skipping swimming/invading Poland this week."

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by DrMaier View Post
    I just freshly removed and reinstalled vicky II and just downloaded AHD from gamersgate (wanted a fresh start cause I haven't played for ages)
    Checksum SIUX. Fail?
    Load it a 2nd time. The 1st time, it creates map caches and has a different checksum for some reason.

Professional forum-troll ;) Yosiu's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossVictoria: RevolutionsSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

All rest - Kiev, Minsk, Volyn, Vitebsk -were Lithuanian rebels. This is polish article so nobody should argue i presume. And this should change the political map of Poland, Lithuania and the commonwealth(if rebels would decide to win and create commonwealth).
    Thank you for attention.
    You're walking on the weak ice my friend. You're upset that polish culture is in one culture group with lithuanian ? Is that really weird, if they used to form one country for more than 200 years ? And this " polish-lithuanian culture " would be even more game only mechanism than current solution. The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth express in game what PLC looked like before partitioning. So it's primary culture is polish, and lithuanian ruthenian and byelorussian are accepted - and it would be historically correct.
    And the rebbellions you recall don't explain which part was lithuanian and which one was polish at all. Congress Poland was polish of course, but Grand Duchy of Lithuania was made by lithuanian byelorussian and ruthenian people mostly (with polish minorities, mainly higher classes). Calling it lithuanian (as culture dominating in country) would be over-interpretation of history.
    So PLC cores are representing borders of PLC before partitioning and Poland cores are representing polish territory after WW1.

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm looking at buying Vicky 2 to play multiplayer and I wanted to ask if the patch was out on mac yet?
    MEIOU and Taxes for EUIV - Download Now!
    Development Diary | Wiki | Release announcement | Facebook
    'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except Death MEIOU and Taxes' -Benjamin Franklin
    Death and Taxes - an EUIII DW mod
    'Is this version save game compatible?' -Everyone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast