+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria 2 - A House Divided 2.31 patch out!

EU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Silly question: I have the beta patch, do I just run the exe to update?

Guys, can you help me about steam. I just dont see last path there. Or is the reason for this is my location (russia)?

Edit: I uderstood now, it dowloaded without my attention.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Juanvito View Post
    Silly question: I have the beta patch, do I just run the exe to update?
    Yes

That's weird, I tried downloading and running the manual patch, but I just get an error popup, "Could not find a house divided installed". I did a clean 2.1 install to confirm, and it's still there.

I'm having precisely the same problem.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    Rise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Works fine with steam, but clean reinstall is required to get the correct checksum. Thanks for your hard work, fixing, and additions (great wars ).
    Last edited by De_Spinoza; 29-04-2012 at 00:27.

Quote Originally Posted by calvinhobbeslik View Post
    Try the game and see if it works.
    I mean the game launches, but that's not the point, right? If I don't have the right checksum there is some file difference somewhere. I may just reinstall.

EDIT: Reinstall fixed it. After the 1.4GB download, I now have the correct checksum.
    Last edited by BandC; 29-04-2012 at 08:59.
    IMHO CB OP. BTW PU WAD? FWIW. HTH. AFAIK YMMV. OMG WTF BBQ!

Do you like surfing game forums but wish people would stop using obscure abbreviations and gaming acronyms?
    Then my Firefox/Chrome extension ABBREX is for you!
    It automatically adds hover tooltips to abbreviations displaying their meanings on any web page you visit!

Check it out at: http://abbrex.com
    Read about it in my post here

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by BandC View Post
    I mean the game launches, but that's not the point, right? If I don't have the right checksum there is some file difference somewhere. I may just reinstall.
    True Just uninstall and delete all the game folders before reinstalling.

Close the worLd,.txEn eht nepO GAGA Extrem's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerA Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: Armageddon
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    King Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I just played Chile, was rank 14 around 1900 - and suffered from a FISH shortage that drove up my pop militancy. Fish was in high demand on the world marked since the 1890th, but I didn't think that it would become that scare...
    Seems like the fishing vassal nerf screwed up the late game fish supply. >_>

I have a problem to launch the patch... When I try to install it, I get a message saying "Couldn't find A House Divided installed"
    I've already try to re install the game, but the same message appear... =/

in the next patch (assuming there is one) if you add new countries like you have in this one can you add iberia and wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambda Core View Post
    It's nice that the steam update came through so quickly and once the patch was applied automatically by steam it played perfect. However, I did a complete reinstall of the game and now the game consistently crashes on 'initializing map logic'. When I alt tab I get to view the error message that can be seen in the image below. I've tried reinstalling again, clearing the victoria folder in my documents, deleting all traces of victoria in the steamapps folder and uninstalling/reinstalling visual c++ but the same issue remains. I've tried multiple reinstalls. Am I the only one experiencing this?

Perhaps it's worth noting that I've been using the beta patch with no problems at all. Also, the steam update to 2.31 worked fine at first before I did a complete reinstall.

Error message:

Having the same issue.

HoI AnthologyFor the Motherland500k club

Quote Originally Posted by podcat View Post
    I most dismayed that this image exists but is not incorporated into a loading screen or something, this issue must be fixed for the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by shuya4 View Post
    I have a problem to launch the patch... When I try to install it, I get a message saying "Couldn't find A House Divided installed"
    I've already try to re install the game, but the same message appear... =/
    Same with me. I erased the game and the mods and reinstalled it but it didn't work. Can someone help?

Do you have it on Steam?

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Is it really necessary to delete and reinstal and get right checksum for the upgraded game to operate properly? Or can you just get the patch from steam, play and
    still have the updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Lauri View Post
    Do you have it on Steam?
    I think I don't.

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Dragassa View Post
    Is it really necessary to delete and reinstal and get right checksum for the upgraded game to operate properly? Or can you just get the patch from steam, play and
    still have the updates?
    If you play single player, checksum is more or less irrelevant; it's only when playing MP that you need to worry about it, and as long as both people have the same one, you're fine.
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Provinces Bekescaba and Debrecen were moved from Alfold to Central Hungary and lost ROM cores
    In my game version, they still are Romanian cores...also, is it possible to change the political map's state boundaries to reflect this change? I still see the old boundaries of the 3 changed states:

Is it because I started this game with the beta and switched mid game to the official patch?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast