• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I played through the demo and I liked the game alot.

Me, too, had the problem with a crash at the beginning of the game. I set the details to highest and could not play the game. It worked fine in safe-mode though. In a later game I reset the details to somewhat medium stats and the game ran smoothly without a problem.
I found this game to be very addictive - I will play the demo again when I finished this post - because it has much flavor of the old Master of Magic title, which I loved.

I agree to the point that there should be something like a visible tech tree and I liked the interface with the big book in which you chose your spells to reasearch like in MoM better, but it works fine this way as well. A tech-tree would be very nice to have, though.
In my two demo games, I did not really interact with the other two opponents besides waging war or leaving us alone. This may be because of the limited options for diplomacy, which is disappointing. I hope there will be more in the main game or with an expansion.
I also would have liked tactical battle like there is in MoM, because with the tremendous variety of units a tactical battle would have had a lot of potential, but I am used to this from Civ V.

All in all, this game is great so far and I am longing for the 8 May when it is released via steam and I can start the download of my pre-ordered game!

When the "this demo is finished" window appeared i had allready forgot it was just a Demo, LOL, that just about shows how good this is, it was a major surprise, i never heard about this game until last week, so when i tried the demo i was just amazed, this is a must buy, even the graphics are just great, the combat is, in my opinion, even better then in Civ, burt the way you develop your citys is just great, and the other world, ahahahahahah, i sent an army there just to see it, got crushed in 1 turn, but it was fun.

I'm unfortunately not personally familiar enough with the Majesty universe to know what races you could accommodate as complete playable races in a game. Dwarves and Elves would seem the obvious suggestions though. Perhaps in a DLC one day? I'm not a fan of DLC but I love this game and the race differences are major enough that such a DLC would be a worthwhile investment I expect.

I'm not sure what Majesty 2 added, but in Majesty 1, you just had "heros" of human, dwarf, elf, and gnome with human further subdivided upon god worship. Monsters were just one of each available race, although there was some overall "classification" for some; for instance, undead (which Priestesses of Krypta could charm) were made up of skeletons, zombies, and vampires. Majesty: NE expanded the goblin and ratmen "units" but that was it.

Played the Demo.
Was amazed.
Pre-ordered.

This game is where it's at! Blows the hell out of E:FE, that's for sure. The only possible improvement would be hero units, à la Fantasy Wars/Elven Legacy.

If they add more races for DLC, perhaps some Daemons/Demons (or whatever you wish to call the citizens of the other worlds) as arace, with you starting the the...uh...Let's call it the Nether worlds for now (untill I figure out what it's called XD). Would make finding gates near your land a little heart stopping:laugh:.

I played the demo for two hours, and then immediately went to preorder. Dammit Paradox, stop making such great demos. You already got my money for CK2 that way!

In regards the "Would make finding gates near your land a little heart stopping." bit from the fellow above me, it's bad enough as it is! Those Earth Elemental are absolute monsters, and take two units of warriors and two hunters to take down reliably. And that's before you even consider going through the portal, where there's Greater Fire Elementals and gigantic Ents and oh man, my poor expedition force didn't even last three turns out there. Maybe they weren't in your game though. I had a lot of FUN!, let me tell you.

On the downside, I'm not sure how clever the AI is. I watched a neutral undead city use death magic on a band of monster skeletons 7 turns in a row, doing no damage every single time, until I took pity on him and sent my Imps down to take care of them. I also experienced one crash, which is one more than I've ever experienced with CK2, but about fifty million less than earlier Paradox games, so it wasn't a "DO NOT BUY" sign.

Over all, very enjoyable!

Last edited:
I didn't like this at all, I'm sorry to say. No buy for me here. It felt like a colourful and flashy Civilization 5, and I hate Civ5. Warlock felt even more shallow than Civ 5, if that's even possible.

I will check out Fallen Enchantress by Stardock later, but I ain't preordering anything of this sort, so they'd better produce a damn good demo. I have no faith at all in these 4X fantasy titles.

In regards the "Would make finding gates near your land a little heart stopping." bit from the fellow above me, it's bad enough as it is! Those Earth Elemental are absolute monsters, and take two units of warriors and two hunters to take down reliably. And that's before you even consider going through the portal, where there's Greater Fire Elementals and gigantic Ents and oh man, my poor expedition force didn't even last three turns out there. Maybe they weren't in your game though. I had a lot of FUN!, let me tell you.
I played the same demo, went through the gate to the southern right of the starting city. The Earth Elemental are nasty, but they seem to flee back into the gate when they've taken 50% damage. I never saw them come back out either. But if they had, I had a city ready for them (was hoping to see if there was a building for the gates, sadly there seems to be none).

I was not considering buying this game, but when I saw that a demo was available I decided to check it out. I was throughly impressed with the game and now I am going to buy it, thanks for the demo!

I only played it because I was bored waiting for Civ V: Gods and Kings to come out but I have to say I am now looking forward to this more. Really an excellent game! :)

To be honest, I wasn't too excited about this game earlier on when I heard about it. I heard that the demo was out and decided to give it a shot just to see what it was like. Well, you can consider me thoroughly hooked. I preordered immediately after turn 50 was up and played through the demo several times more. Truly seems awesome, and am eagerly awaiting the release!

"Exit the game, my Lord?!" xD

Demo is great and it's clear a great deal of love went into this game.

I first found out about this via TB's WTF is series video, and promptly downloaded it due to its visual similarities to civ 5. I find it refreshing however though that its the way it differentiates itself from Civ 5 that I find myself enthralled with the game (demo).

I cant wait for the 8th, this will actually be my first paradox game but if its any indication I will likely become a loyal supporter of their future work.

Downloaded the demo, installed, launched - freeze on startup, the Warlock splash screen before the Paradox video. Second, third, fourth, and fifth try, CTD after the Autodesk Gameware video. Not sure there will be a sixth try.

Downloaded the demo, installed, launched - freeze on startup, the Warlock splash screen before the Paradox video. Second, third, fourth, and fifth try, CTD after the Autodesk Gameware video. Not sure there will be a sixth try.

CTRL-ALT del. See if there is a msg pop up underneath. If there is. Click ok and go back to game. Continue. Start new game. If locks up again, CTRL-ALT del again and see if similar msg. Do same and sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesnt.

BTW - Im running the beta, so you may not be able to get past it this way, but its worth a try.

CTRL-ALT del. See if there is a msg pop up underneath. If there is. Click ok and go back to game. Continue. Start new game. If locks up again, CTRL-ALT del again and see if similar msg. Do same and sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesnt.

BTW - Im running the beta, so you may not be able to get past it this way, but its worth a try.
It's either the Windows message that the program has encountered a problem and will be shut down, or a straight CTD with no message or anything. Neither can be worked around the way you suggest.

Here you go. Might as well add a bit of system info - Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, Radeon HD 6850 with Catalyst 12.4 driver. The message is in Danish since my OS is Danish, but it's just that standard Windows "oh darn" message where it searches for a solution then lets you shut the program down.