+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68

Thread: Demo impressions

  1. #21
    Sergeant
    Warlock: Master of the Arcane500k clubWarlock 2: The Exiled

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    ,Croatia
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by targetbsp View Post
    Just played the demo until it ran out. A great game and one of the most addictive I've played in a long while. I'm starving from late food and desperately needed the loo but the game was a higher priority lol. This one is going to cost me some sleep!
    Reminds me of Baldurs gate and their tip while loading(something like): Even though your heroes don't need food remember that you do. We don't want to loose any dedicated players.

    I fell in love with Ardania first time i heard "Your Majesty". Great job guys.

  2. #22
    The demo was fun. But how many races will be avalaible ? I hope it's lot more than 3.

  3. #23
    Second Lieutenant PawelS's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Poland, EU
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
    The demo was fun. But how many races will be avalaible ? I hope it's lot more than 3.
    Then you will be disappointed. There are only 3 races in the release version, hopefully more will be added in DLC/expansions. Also, there are some special units that you can build when you have access to local resources, like Dwarves, Elves, Minotaurs etc.

  4. #24
    You're right, it's a huge disappointment.

  5. #25
    M.I.A 2Coats's Avatar
    Hoi 2 Beta

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    10,197
    Quote Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
    You're right, it's a huge disappointment.
    In what way? What would you like to have seen?
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.


  6. #26
    Whilst there are only a few races, they are very different. Unlike a certain other hex based game which this keeps getting likened to where there's loads of different races but they're all identical apart from one or two units which makes having more than one race completely pointless!

    I'm unfortunately not personally familiar enough with the Majesty universe to know what races you could accommodate as complete playable races in a game. Dwarves and Elves would seem the obvious suggestions though. Perhaps in a DLC one day? I'm not a fan of DLC but I love this game and the race differences are major enough that such a DLC would be a worthwhile investment I expect.

  7. #27
    I just downloaded the demo, it works fine, but fan on my GPU goes insane after several minutes of play. I have Geforce GTX 275 and I believe it should be more than enough to play this game. I have never experienced it being so loud, even when playing really GPU-intense games. Is there something I could do about that? Judging by what I read about Warlock it is going to be awesome, but I wanted to check demo before ordering - however, I don't want to play with GPU fan being louder than my speakers

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by kds71 View Post
    I just downloaded the demo, it works fine, but fan on my GPU goes insane after several minutes of play. I have Geforce GTX 275 and I believe it should be more than enough to play this game. I have never experienced it being so loud, even when playing really GPU-intense games. Is there something I could do about that? Judging by what I read about Warlock it is going to be awesome, but I wanted to check demo before ordering - however, I don't want to play with GPU fan being louder than my speakers
    My fans were fine during the demo. EVGA 465GTX 1GB. Core i7 930 runs at around 44c using a V8 cooler.

  9. #29
    I agree, I would love to see more races added as DLC or an expansion. I do like all the special units though and there is a real wide variety of monsters, neutrals, and special units you can recruit. I just built an improvement that allowed me to recruit Minotaurs which I thought was fantastic.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaegor View Post
    My fans were fine during the demo. EVGA 465GTX 1GB. Core i7 930 runs at around 44c using a V8 cooler.
    I just checked it with monitoring software. After starting game GPU temperature starts to increase rapidly and it reaches over 90C in very short time. I turned all options (besides resolution) in graphic settings to minimal values, but it didn't help at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by kds71 View Post
    ... I have never experienced it being so loud, even when playing really GPU-intense games ...
    Now I remember that I had similar problem with Legend of Grimrock - in this case it turned out that game lacked FPS limit and it was rendering over 300 frames per second, causing GPU to overheat. I fixed it by forcing vsync in nVidia settings. However, Warlock seems to be DirectX game, so it is impossible to do so. Is there any option to turn vsync on? I can't see it in settings and I failed to find any config file on my hard drive.

  11. #31

    Great

    Demo is awesome. I have played it easily over 20 hours. I am really looking forward to the full game.

    If anyone wants some minor input, have a SENTRY option so that when you put some units on defend, they stay in defend. In the demo, you have to keep going around and clicking them all.

    Wonderful job.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by saroumana View Post
    The demo was fun. But how many races will be avalaible ? I hope it's lot more than 3.
    I don't think the starting races really matter that much. I am playing human, but have a goblin city producing goblin units. I summoned Fire Elementals and Ghost Wolves. To me it seems if you got the mana and spells or captured different races cities you really don't need that many starting player races. I will soon have Elves and Dwarves added to my cities that alone gives me six different races. Well maybe five if you count the eleys and wolfs as monsters.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopfaust View Post
    Demo is awesome. I have played it easily over 20 hours. I am really looking forward to the full game.

    If anyone wants some minor input, have a SENTRY option so that when you put some units on defend, they stay in defend. In the demo, you have to keep going around and clicking them all.

    Wonderful job.
    There is an option to Sentry a unit. They will stay Sentry until you click on them again. Just click that arrow button to open more actions.

  14. #34
    Conqueror of Cats and Mice NimaFoulaam's Avatar
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    371
    The demo runs but after a while starts to lag on HD 3000 (Asus N82J). Drivers are updated, settings are minimum.
    Last edited by NimaFoulaam; 29-04-2012 at 09:12.
    Paradox Fan since EU
    Blue Emu Fan since HoI2

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by NimaFoulaam View Post
    The demo runs but after a while starts to lack on HD 3000 (Asus N82J). Drivers are updated, settings are minimum.
    I played about 2 1/2 hours and noticed a little lag with the IGN beta. It wasn't bad though. All settings on high. I running 4870 in crossfire on my laptop with the latest drivers. Hopefully the final version has some tweaks for smoother play.

  16. #36
    Conqueror of Cats and Mice NimaFoulaam's Avatar
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    371
    @hadberz
    "4870 in crossfire"

    Intel HD 3000 is the on chip (i5).

    (speculating)
    Your issue maybe be Temp or RAM related. Temps can cause CPU do trottle down and similar effects.

    How much RAM do you have?
    Last edited by NimaFoulaam; 29-04-2012 at 10:14.
    Paradox Fan since EU
    Blue Emu Fan since HoI2

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by NimaFoulaam View Post
    @hadberz
    "4870 in crossfire"

    HD 3000 is the on chip (i5).

    (speculating)
    Your issue maybe be Temp or RAM related. Temps can cause CPU do trottle down and similar effects.

    How much RAM do you have?
    I have a Asus W90vp laptop which has very good cooling. This is the laptop 4870 version, so it runs at around 4850 desktop speeds. Each card has 512MB and I got 6GB system memory. This thing is 3 years old now, so I expect newer games to act bit slow with it. Now my desktop has no issues at all, but that is 6950 2GB with 16 GB system memory. I just like to sit in my recliner when playing games, so the laptop gets the most use.

  18. #38
    Sergeant
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaMajesty 2Semper Fi
    Sword of the StarsWarlock: Master of the Arcane

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    ,Canada
    Posts
    81
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hadberz View Post
    There is an option to Sentry a unit. They will stay Sentry until you click on them again. Just click that arrow button to open more actions.
    Took me a while to find that Sentry option; a streamlined interface is nice but maybe they hid a bit *too* well. Also, the UI doesn't show shortcut keys except Enter to end turn, I hope there are some?

    Overall very impressed with the demo. Much more satisfying to develop cities than in Civ V, more polished and interesting gameplay than in Fall from Heaven with magic that really feels powerful, seemingly strong AI (coordinated attacks and retreats are impressive). At first I had the impression there were few units, but then I used the "show all buildings" checkbox in each city, and realized there are a *lot* of units in this game... and that includes flying ships !

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by metatoaster View Post
    Took me a while to find that Sentry option; a streamlined interface is nice but maybe they hid a bit *too* well. Also, the UI doesn't show shortcut keys except Enter to end turn, I hope there are some?

    Overall very impressed with the demo. Much more satisfying to develop cities than in Civ V, more polished and interesting gameplay than in Fall from Heaven with magic that really feels powerful, seemingly strong AI (coordinated attacks and retreats are impressive). At first I had the impression there were few units, but then I used the "show all buildings" checkbox in each city, and realized there are a *lot* of units in this game... and that includes flying ships !
    Someone posted that [ ] keys move between units. Alt R and Alt C open the research and cast screens. E seems to cause units to either explorer or go off on there on. I'm not really sure. G makes a clicking sound, but have no clue what it does. That is all I have found for now.

    I agree this game blows Civ 5 away in the fun department. I am practically addicted it Warlock.

    I found a few more hotkeys. H turns hex on and off, F12 takes a screenshot. F9 loads the current game.
    Last edited by hadberz; 29-04-2012 at 18:20.

  20. #40
    Great game guys, judging by the demo this will eat up my time for months to come.
    Pre-ordered, giving the demo another go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts