• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
its almost always instant for me

i want to know y you can't use religious unity or something along those lines for vassals outside the nation as well as the mission that pops up that says convert such and such country and if you declare war on them you fail?!?

i want to know y you can't use religious unity or something along those lines for vassals outside the nation as well as the mission that pops up that says convert such and such country and if you declare war on them you fail?!?

Sorry, I do not understand your question. Would it be possible for you to repeat it, perhaps with some (correct) punctuation and grammar?

Elections upon death, except when you enact the http://www.paradoxian.org/eu3wiki/Proclaim_Erbkaisertum decision. At this point you can switch to a Republic and elect a new ruler every 4/8 years to gain IA much faster.

In DW 5.1 your minions (Vassals + Juniors) will automatically call you in to a war as leader. Hordes can only be at war with neighbours and the switch in leader causes them to assume they no longer have a border with you and end the war. This has been fixed in the 5.2 beta patch.

Edit: This place is full of ninjas!

What happens if you conquer the emperor and remove his country from the map after Proclaim Erbkaisertum passes?

What happens if you conquer the emperor and remove his country from the map after Proclaim Erbkaisertum passes?
The game gets very unhappy indeed, so force him to repeal Erbkaisertum first. (Or, if you're attacking the empire from outside, dismantle it once you've occupied his capital.)

Wouldn't title just go to another in the same dynasti, or perhaps to someone with a Royal Marriage with the deposed?

You are thinking too much

Wouldn't title just go to another in the same dynasti, or perhaps to someone with a Royal Marriage with the deposed?
That would be a reasonable thing to expect. It isn't what happens.

(Patch 5.2, currently in beta, simply makes it impossible to annex the current holder of the imperial throne.)