• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations AntEater! :)

The contest is over already, I believe, sorry :(

I know, I just curious about such possibility :) I'm trying on my own to do scenario located in 2025 with hipotetical suprisal Russian attack. I've already placed for NATO forces practically all possible airplanes: ~100 fighters (F-16's C&D, F-35 A&B, Eurofighters), few flying tankers (KC-767, A-330), ~40 helicopters (SH-60, NH-90, S-100, AW-101, AW-159) and 8 P3 Orion. Today I will try to make Tornado ILS for Luftwaffe. Yesterday I did some new units: F-16C, F-16D, Knut Rasmussen class patrol vessel.

In suprisal attack I want to include some civilian units to make some chaos :)

Yes, you can have neutrals, like C02S01 in the Russian campaign. The mission editor itself doesn't support it yet, but you can add a neutral third alliance and have victory conditions requiring you to not destroy neutral units. You can also tag units as civilian, and have victory conditions accordingly.

So if I tag unit like this:
NWAC2012-06-2012-17-42-287.png

There will be no problems and in scenario it will be as neutral? Or I misunderstand sth?

And some preview of scenario:
NWAC2012-06-2012-18-44-682.png

No, there is no support for this in the mission editor currently. Sorry for using the confusing word "tag".

You will have to do it in the xml itself, setting IsCivilianUnit = true on the relevant GameScenarioUnit. You will also, for this to have any effect on gameplay, have a victory condition for both combatants of types CountEnemyDestroyedCivilianUnits and/or CountEnemyDestroyedNeutralUnits.

Search up the file Scenario_c01s01.nwscenario on your system for an example of how this is done.

Thanks a lot, I checked how it looks like into scenario file and now I know how to use that :) It gonna help me with mine scenario.

Actually I placed all NATO planes:
- 48x Eurofighter
- 24x Tornado
- 36x F-16C
- 16x F-16D
- ~26x F-35A&B
- 6x flying tanker
- ~10x Sentry
- ~40 landbased helicopters various types

Most of them are in 30 minutes alert to start.

Also there is Danish Navy: 3x Iver Huitfeld, 2x Absalon, 2x Knud Rasmussen. There will be also Polish Navy (I still didn't decided which units and how many) and German Navy (3x Sachsen, 4x Brandenburg, 4x F125, 5x Braunschweig, 6x Type 212).

For NATO forces I've already implemented:
- Added F-16C
- Added F-16D
- Added Knud Rasmussen class patrol vessel
- Added Terma Scanter 2100 surface search radar
- Added AN/APG-68 Radar
- Added AIM-132 ASRAAM
- Added GBU-24 Paveway III Bomb
- Added AS.34 Kormoran 2 anti-ship missile
- Added Decca Type 72 doppler radar
- Added Raytheon TI radar
- Added Panavia Pa-200 Tornado IDS multirole airplane

Russians for sure will have some S-400 batteries, new type of amphibious assault ships, probably refitted cruisers Admiral Ushakov and Admiral Lazarev, some new destroyers, plenty of aricraft :)

It would be quite long and (I hope so) difficult scenario. I will also nerf accuracy of AA missilies and guns to inflict more casualties on both sides.

AntEater's winning scenario "Estonian Dawn" is being added to the game's missions. A patch with be issued later today.

Playtesting revealed that air battles in such a small region has its definite challenges, so some changes to forces and simplification of victory conditions was necessary.

It's a tough and compact scenario, challenging to play from both sides (try "hard" if you don't agree). Preserving your air force is particularly hard when your aircraft take off within detection range from enemy land-based radar! The scenario also supports multiplayer, but it may not be well-balanced.

Have fun!

I would like to thank my producer etc

:)

i think it's awesome.. well done anteater and ttg.. you've kept me busy all day.. :)