+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Get your own scenario into Naval War Arctic Circle!

Naval War: Arctic Circle

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway, 106562399381316, Bergen, Hordaland
    Thank you very much for your participation! The competition is closed, and we'll soon announce the winner.

61 games registered

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEast India Company
    East India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandGalactic AssaultGettysburgHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossKing Arthur II
    Lead and GoldLegioThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagicka
    Majesty 2Majesty II CollectionEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black Plague
    Pirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

The winner is finally announced!

Congratulations to AntEater who created a fantastic scenario. The devs will get started working on implementing the scenario into the game within short so stay tuned!

Check out the winning scenario here:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post13763927

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Congratulations AntEater!
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

I had one question - is there possibility to put into scenario neutral units i.e. merchant ships or passenger aircrafts? I would like to put some of such units to make battle harder and force player to be 100% sure what he is trying to destroy.
    On EUFI known as Severian

KerSev Mod - ship's names

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    The contest is over already, I believe, sorry
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

I know, I just curious about such possibility I'm trying on my own to do scenario located in 2025 with hipotetical suprisal Russian attack. I've already placed for NATO forces practically all possible airplanes: ~100 fighters (F-16's C&D, F-35 A&B, Eurofighters), few flying tankers (KC-767, A-330), ~40 helicopters (SH-60, NH-90, S-100, AW-101, AW-159) and 8 P3 Orion. Today I will try to make Tornado ILS for Luftwaffe. Yesterday I did some new units: F-16C, F-16D, Knut Rasmussen class patrol vessel.

In suprisal attack I want to include some civilian units to make some chaos

Yes, you can have neutrals, like C02S01 in the Russian campaign. The mission editor itself doesn't support it yet, but you can add a neutral third alliance and have victory conditions requiring you to not destroy neutral units. You can also tag units as civilian, and have victory conditions accordingly.

So if I tag unit like this:

There will be no problems and in scenario it will be as neutral? Or I misunderstand sth?

And some preview of scenario:

No, there is no support for this in the mission editor currently. Sorry for using the confusing word "tag".

You will have to do it in the xml itself, setting IsCivilianUnit = true on the relevant GameScenarioUnit. You will also, for this to have any effect on gameplay, have a victory condition for both combatants of types CountEnemyDestroyedCivilianUnits and/or CountEnemyDestroyedNeutralUnits.

Search up the file Scenario_c01s01.nwscenario on your system for an example of how this is done.

Thanks a lot, I checked how it looks like into scenario file and now I know how to use that It gonna help me with mine scenario.

Actually I placed all NATO planes:
    - 48x Eurofighter
    - 24x Tornado
    - 36x F-16C
    - 16x F-16D
    - ~26x F-35A&B
    - 6x flying tanker
    - ~10x Sentry
    - ~40 landbased helicopters various types

Most of them are in 30 minutes alert to start.

Also there is Danish Navy: 3x Iver Huitfeld, 2x Absalon, 2x Knud Rasmussen. There will be also Polish Navy (I still didn't decided which units and how many) and German Navy (3x Sachsen, 4x Brandenburg, 4x F125, 5x Braunschweig, 6x Type 212).

For NATO forces I've already implemented:
    - Added F-16C
    - Added F-16D
    - Added Knud Rasmussen class patrol vessel
    - Added Terma Scanter 2100 surface search radar
    - Added AN/APG-68 Radar
    - Added AIM-132 ASRAAM
    - Added GBU-24 Paveway III Bomb
    - Added AS.34 Kormoran 2 anti-ship missile
    - Added Decca Type 72 doppler radar
    - Added Raytheon TI radar
    - Added Panavia Pa-200 Tornado IDS multirole airplane

Russians for sure will have some S-400 batteries, new type of amphibious assault ships, probably refitted cruisers Admiral Ushakov and Admiral Lazarev, some new destroyers, plenty of aricraft

It would be quite long and (I hope so) difficult scenario. I will also nerf accuracy of AA missilies and guns to inflict more casualties on both sides.

AntEater's winning scenario "Estonian Dawn" is being added to the game's missions. A patch with be issued later today.

Playtesting revealed that air battles in such a small region has its definite challenges, so some changes to forces and simplification of victory conditions was necessary.

It's a tough and compact scenario, challenging to play from both sides (try "hard" if you don't agree). Preserving your air force is particularly hard when your aircraft take off within detection range from enemy land-based radar! The scenario also supports multiplayer, but it may not be well-balanced.

Have fun!

I would like to thank my producer etc

"ei sink ei si not reit? All män sit hier and luck in se son and no män work? Sis give it not!"

"does General Pownall really pwn all?"

Quote Originally Posted by AntEater View Post
    I would like to thank my producer etc
    Hope you're happy with how it turned out. It's a fun and intense - and violent - scenario.

Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlagueSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of Nations500k club

i think it's awesome.. well done anteater and ttg.. you've kept me busy all day..
    Nigel Powers: All right Goldmember. Don't play the laughing boy. There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.

Crabtree: I thonk that the air fierce should send in several squadrons of farters. These should be followed by bummers. Then we should send in paratrippers to capture all the London dicks.
    Rene: (to Von Klinkerhoffen) He means docks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2