• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like merchant republics. I maintain absolute neutrality so I don't get involve in any wars. become strong in trade with a dominating presence in as many CoTs as possible. remain small so I lead in research and then expand slowly through colonisation.

I cannot stand having armies with low morale so I always have military investment at max, to counter the cost I usually only have 60-70% of my forcelimits filled at a time. If someone declares on my my troops are battle ready THAT DAY and I can always build more.

I am like this because when I played for the first time as Castile I was following some guide about saving money and had low army maintenance and didn't react fast enough to a DoW and all my troops got destroyed due to low morale.

I agree 100% even if I usually start the wars:eek:hmy:

Usually i prefer going slow and nice, unless i'm in an insane hurry to build some massive empire (that makes sense, like if i play the Timmies in 1356 on a mod like D&T or MEIOU)
I love historical expansion routes and like to make historical vassals in areas i don't want to own direcly, i also like having my vassals form something (like vassal Wallachia forming Romania)
Very rarely do i claim PUs, unless i really want the region to something, i like marrying a lot of people habsburg-style and watch as the occasional PU pops up, i also like keeping a low infamy...

So usually i like to expand slowy and on routes that make sense and i create medium-big sized vassals on their historical regions, usually no insane blobbing everywhere. In fact, i've never done a WC because i would feel bored :p Even if i might want to do one for achievements once the official 5.2 patch is out.

I think my playstyle is enough to keep me entertained for some time, heh, in one of my games as Prussia on DAO even past 1700 i still had to fear France and other AI countries that were stronger than me :p

That isn't really a good thing to agree on...
I concur.

Keeping maintenance up in peacetime is a huge waste of money. Even if it trims your monthly income down by 5 ducats, that adds up to 60 by the end of the year and 300 by the end of 5 years. What I do is keep my armies and fleets at the capital, center of trade, and other non-border provinces until I'm ready for war. If I get declared on, I let my allies/vassals do the initial fighting while I build up moral for my armies, etc.

That said, I try to build medium-sized empires with lots of vassals and some modest colonial holdings, but then I've also modified my game with some heavy, anti-blobbing measures, so I can expand without having to worry about Bohemia conquering Europe or England owning Norway and Egypt.

Mostly roleplaying with a focus on trade and colonisation. Then later I go for pretty borders even if it means selling off my cores