+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No cavalry as Mutapa with westernized military?

No cavalry as Mutapa with westernized military?

Playing HTTT, westernised tech and then military with Mutapa to the Latin group.

I get Latin infantry, and can even train Latin cannons. But still no cavalry at all. In the military box where I choose what type of infantry I want, the cavalry bit is greyed out, it says I can't field cavalry yet.

The option for cannon is there though, and I can change the type of cannon and train them as normal in my core African provinces.

Is this a bug?

are you still running a tribal government?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaParadoxian Order - 2015

What version are you running? This was a known issue that I believe was fixed in one of the earliest 4.1 beta patches. If you started in a tech group that didn't have any cavalry available you could never build them even if you changed tech/unit groups.
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by jdrou View Post
    What version are you running? This was a known issue that I believe was fixed in one of the earliest 4.1 beta patches. If you started in a tech group that didn't have any cavalry available you could never build them even if you changed tech/unit groups.
    I haven't patched it, that must be the issue.

Will my save games be OK if I patch it now? And should that sort it for my campaign or would I have to start again?

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaParadoxian Order - 2015

I don't recall any major incompatibility but savegames are never guaranteed to work with new patches. You could make a backup before patching and if you notice any problems go back to the pre-patched version if you don't want to start a new game.
    Note that the final 4.1 patch introduced a few new bugs that generally outweigh its improvements over the last beta patch in my opinion so I would use the beta instead:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-of-April-2010
    "The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." --H. L. Mencken

Playing EU4

Download the Fix-it-Yourself Pack for HoI 1.06c (updated 11/14/05)
    Download the Unofficial fixpack for EU3 4.1b 4/29 beta or final 11/24 patch (updated 12/25/10)
    Download the text fixpack for EU3 Divine Wind (updated 2/11/11)

+ Reply to Thread