• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can¨t play on sundays. apperently i'll be working 2weekends every sixth week.
I can play every wednesday for sure. but i'll be working 1 evning every sixth week on monday, tuesday.
Just giving you guys a headsup :)

Last time I tried FTG, the game instantly dropped us upon loading the save.

I won't be able to play May 13 or 27, so I think it will be best for me to bow out of the campaign, though I would be used as a sub as needed.

Yeah, I was kinda wondering that too.

If nothing ends up coming of this, I'll probably start a campaign of my own...

or you could join that ck2 game im starting sunday :)

Owning CK2 would likely be a neccesary prerequisite of that.

Edit - plus, Sundays don't work for me. ;)

its a shame that i cant do weekdays for eu2 and nobody is starting a saterday game :(

It's a link to the FTG bug forum, which requires registration.

Here's a copy:
Have you tried the recommendations in this post? It's at least a starting point.

Yes, tried in first time, no use.

The post from Stoertebecker that MichaelM linked here, was after the first try we did in the German forum: we played with 5 people the Napoleon's Ambitions campaign till 1819 and had just 1 CTD at startup.
The Windows compatibility settings described there really make the game much more stable - but in-game. They do not seem to help much about the start-CTD...

The second try, with up to 13 people, was frustrating - and at the end we gave up and started playing EU2 again.

But what we found out, I described in my post in the 1.3 thread:

Regarding the CTD on a start of a Multiplayer game in 1.2: in the German forum http://www.si-games.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22 we did some testing with 5 to 13 players and had some interesting findings, like that if we started the game just with people having up-to-speed hardware and really fast Internet connections - so the game would load and connect for all people at the same time - it would CTD much less. It did make us fell, like there would be a timeout of about 1-2 seconds happening, which causes the CTD.

My best guess is really, that there is a timeout happening, which brings the CTD... It would be much easier to debug this, if I'd have access to the source code ;)