• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OLDTIMER

Colonel
28 Badges
Feb 16, 2003
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
Hi all,

seeing that Quintelosky said he`s working on 1.03 patch for this excellent game I take the liberty to start this thread.

My starting suggestions are:

- naval forces on convoy raiding missions should automatically join sea battles in their zone.

- and repeating this: no units in your OOB better than your techs at scenario start.

- considerably increase the chance of USA staying outside the Allies and only fight their separate Pacific war. Make perhaps USA joining Allies dependent on a German DoW against USA. Which should not be a given.

- considerably decrease the chance of Spanish State joining the Axis as this only opens up a shortcut to Allied victory in Europe.

Rgds, Oldtimer

China warlords

warlords.png

Hi again,

this is probably a tall order:

- try to teach the AI how detrimental overstacking is.

And a short order:

- Winter War is horribly difficult for Finland compared to RL as it is very hard to gamewise implement the relative advantages they had. And make SU AI repeat their RL mistakes.
I suggest a reverse Patriotic War event: Finland gets an ENORMOUS boost to ground defence efficiency. If Sweden joins the Finns, they get this boost too: "Finlands sak är vår" event.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Improve all surrender events, which are REALLY subpar. Specifically in terms of what provinces go where. Personally, I'd like to see something like the SMEP Capital capture system determine the postwar world for a German defeat.

Hi again,

YES, surrender events really need an overhaul. I think that we could have more cases like partition of Germany. Ther`s nothing against having, say, two Polands.
Research teams and commanders allegiances must be tidied up, an immense work. We can`t have a man working for Syria and France at the same time, neither can Rojo Lluch command Spanish State troops while doing research work for the Republic.

Re "free" or "semi-free" German techs and units, they come too cheap. In principle though they`re not out of the blue as they depict clandestine/legal research and completely legal production in German subsidiary enterprises abroad.
Perhaps this could be simulated by more specific events. Expensive ones...

Rgds, Oldtimer

China warlords

warlords.png

The warlords look real good. The problem is I don't know who these new warlords are :p
Will they be annexed by Nationalists during the war against Japan?

Also, it seems that Shaanxi is given the correct provinces in your screenshot?

And, I don't know if this one is possible. Can you fix this border? If fixed, Nationalist will be able to claim the Eastern provinces of Tajikistan.
afganistan.jpg

Hi all,

playing as a government in exile could be interesting for us masochists. Poland in particular. Belgium, Netherlands and Free France all had territory left somewhere, Poland didn`t and yet managed to organize, equip and supply a considerable armed force.
That`s true, Poland paid for everything they used. AFAIK they even turned a profit during the war as their National Bank made genius financial operations.

Rgds, Oldtimer

Hi all,

devs please take a look at the lend-lease routes. I think that:

- Baltic route if Denmark or Sweden are in the Axis or occupied is not realistic,

- SU should not choose Vladivostok route if it`s occupied by Japan,

- Teheran route should not be available if Persia is Axis.

And please remove the totally incomprehensible research maluses for industrial research. Or explain why they should persist...

Rgds, Oldtimer

And please remove the totally incomprehensible research maluses for industrial research. Or explain why they should persist...

I strongly disagree. They are here to prevent you from researching at 250% speed and having jet engines from 1941.
OK, this makes your inventory a bit unhistorically outdated, but it is not that big an issue.
Perhaps some maluses should be reduced from -5% and -7% to -3% and -5%, but not more.

I strongly disagree. They are here to prevent you from researching at 250% speed and having jet engines from 1941.
OK, this makes your inventory a bit unhistorically outdated, but it is not that big an issue.
Perhaps some maluses should be reduced from -5% and -7% to -3% and -5%, but not more.

Hi,

wasn`t clear here. Bonuses should go too, except for computing machines.

Rgds, Oldtimer

I'd like to see more manpower options for Germany. We know in the real war, Germany when taking the Baltic States and Ukraine, were at first, hailed as liberators. Which could of turned out to be a great source of manpower to be used.....however since they allienated themselves....it turned out to be a better source for the USSR.

I was thinking of maybe a option where Germany gives ups supplies or something to win over the population and therefore get a manpower jump but supply loss..if they choose not to loose the supplies (or whatever) then Soviets gain a few free units.

Oh, and I don't know if this is possible. But rebuilding Airfields, Forts, Infrastructure...If the territory is unoccupied rebuilding goes slow, occupied a bit faster, occupied with a engineer leader even more faster, occupied with a division w/ engineer battalion fastest...(Put them soldiers to work).

And Im not talking super fast speeds. In fact the current speed I think should be the fastest, so maybe slowing it down if it doesnt have the aboved mentioned. And garrison, milita, armored forces dont count.

Last edited:
Make it possible to make your allies, either militarily controlled or not, to prioritize rebuilding infrastructure in their controlled territory. Would make later season counter offensives much easier.