Closed Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: AI Against you smart... AI Helping you Utterly stupid.

  1. #1

    AI Against you smart... AI Helping you Utterly stupid.

    I was doing the Auto-Combat for awhile, and recently stopped because now the Player AI during Auto-Combat is beyond stupid. It rushes my Command Ship into combat, and leaves all my combat / armor ships circling around in a 1km spot about 10 - 20 km away from my planet, the enemy AI destroys my command ship, and Im still left with my armor ships jacking off as the 10:00 Timer ticks down to zero. When it ends my ships are retreating and Im left with a huge "O" look of my face. How can the player AI be so bias? Its almost like the AI is one AI that says, Im gonna win, even if I have to cheat. Almost like how the AI is able to mass produce ships and still remain afloat at almost 3 times the speed Im able to produce ships.

  2. #2
    This thread is actually useless, as everybody knows the AI isn`t done yet.

    For raging against the game use this: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...about-the-game

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    This thread is actually useless, as everybody knows the AI isn`t done yet.

    For raging against the game use this: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...about-the-game
    Not everyone has time to sit reading every post on this forum and not everyone has been here from day 1. Look at their join date...they've been here less a month and only made 9 posts. More than likely they just got the game. Making posts like this just makes the forum seem like a hostile place when a simple answer such as...

    Oakatsura, the AI isn't finished yet so you really need to stay away from autocombat for the moment. It will be addressed in a future patch but I'm not sure whether that will be the one they are about to release this Monday (i think it's this monday anyway). There's a thread about it being delayed.

    ...helps not only the OP but also future visitors to the forum.

  4. #4
    Answering the same post every week since mouths is enought. i assume everyone to be able to use the forum search. There is no excuse not to do so and i do no encourage lazyness. Nearly half of the threads on first page talk about AI (more or less).

    And i ahve done a short answere which was sufficient. next patch is sheduled for 1.May or later next week.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    This thread is actually useless, as everybody knows the AI isn`t done yet.
    Everybody bought and still buy an unfinished game. No word about bugs, critical errors etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    Answering the same post every week since mouths is enought. i assume everyone to be able to use the forum search. There is no excuse not to do so and i do no encourage lazyness.
    I bought the game to play it not to read the forum. But please call me and all other customer lazy...

    Is that the service we payed for? If you want to play SotS2 you have to read half of the forum to know what is working and what not. If you need insults you only have to ask a simple question. Yea that is perfect for me. I gues i will buy the next game as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by mixedupjim View Post
    Oakatsura, the AI isn't finished yet so you really need to stay away from autocombat for the moment. It will be addressed in a future patch but I'm not sure whether that will be the one they are about to release this Monday (i think it's this monday anyway). There's a thread about it being delayed.

    ...helps not only the OP but also future visitors to the forum.
    Thank you very much.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by little_skunk View Post
    Everybody bought and still buy an unfinished game. No word about bugs, critical errors etc.



    I bought the game to play it not to read the forum. But please call me and all other customer lazy...

    Is that the service we payed for? If you want to play SotS2 you have to read half of the forum to know what is working and what not. If you need insults you only have to ask a simple question. Yea that is perfect for me. I gues i will buy the next game as well.



    Thank you very much.
    Yay for your first post on these forums making you look like a jerk heh

    Seriously though it's not that hard to use a forum search function and if you are browsing these forums at all anyway and enough that your first post is a troll you should be able to realize that constantly bringing up the same topic is stupid.

  7. #7

    No not really

    There is nothing wrong with keeping some pressure on until the game is done. I have worked with a lot of DEVS in the past, and IMO they will often ignore a problem until a level of pressure is put on them to rectify it. The devs so far have been doing a good job, especially the last few patches. I give credit where it is due. But that doesn't mean I won't keep pressure on until the rest of the game is complete, and I really don't care if you think it is stupid. What I think it stupid, is to let folks off the hook for selling in incomplete game and refusing to do nothing about it. The post about the unfinished product will continue, until the product is finished.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by hasoos View Post
    There is nothing wrong with keeping some pressure on until the game is done. I have worked with a lot of DEVS in the past, and IMO they will often ignore a problem until a level of pressure is put on them to rectify it. The devs so far have been doing a good job, especially the last few patches. I give credit where it is due. But that doesn't mean I won't keep pressure on until the rest of the game is complete, and I really don't care if you think it is stupid. What I think it stupid, is to let folks off the hook for selling in incomplete game and refusing to do nothing about it. The post about the unfinished product will continue, until the product is finished.
    See here's why I think it's stupid:

    1) They HAVE been doing quite a bit on their own after the initial huge backlash

    2) I personally trained as a programmer and database handler and trust me having a bunch of people constantly b!tch at you for stuff you've ALREADY brought up gets annoying especially when you make improvements and they still do nothing but complain.

    3) You're "preasure" is just stupid because I'm sure their BOSSES you know the people they work for? Yeah I'm pretty sure the level of preasure they're putting on the development team is a very tangible preasure. What you are doing is called whining there is a big difference.

    4) They've already taken FINANCIAL steps to make ammends for the craptastic release state of the game.

    5) The bloody DEVELOPERS had nothing to do with it (as in the guys you are b!tching at here, the programmers, and game designers etc) It was probobly a decision made far and above their pay grade to push the steaming pile of SoTS2 out the door too early. Their decision to not do a backup of the stuff that was destroyed that MADE that launch a steaming pile and THEIR job NOT the programmers and developers themselves to make ammends which you yourself admitted they are already doing.

    I'm just sick of the constant whining on every forum I go to about the same stuff which IS BEING FIXED and then seeing self rightious people prattle on about how they're just "keeping the preasure up" as if the guys doing the actual grunt work NEED more preasure dumped on them.

    And to constantly bring up the same crap on thread after thread is called SPAMMING or TROLLING on any forum I've ever been too and on a good many of them it's a bannable offense, thankfully for folks here that seems to not be the case. But it still gets old to ME when I come in here and see the same topic with a new title by the same people acting like they are saying something NEW.

    End of rant

  9. #9
    Answer is simple.
    Give us a list a things working not working missing etc in one place.
    Add big neon sign for easy notice.
    Add big red letters that game is unfinished and that player shouldnt expect that things work.

    Seriusly game is still sold as finished product.
    Some people buy it with good will and expect it to work properly.
    I know it is naive and retarded to expect that game you pay real money for will work well.
    So tey appear here and ask what going on and then they get cold shoulder from likes like you.
    You really work hard to give SotS community bad name.
    People whine because things dont work. They will whine until things get fixed.
    IF they stop whining that mean only two things
    game is perfect
    or
    game is dead and forgotten.
    So work hard scare fellow players from forum I am sure that you will feel great here with only fanboys and silence.
    This is Gundam!

  10. #10
    M.I.A 2Coats's Avatar
    Hoi 2 Beta

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    10,197
    I suggest this thread gets back on track and the discussion revert to talking about the AI or lack thereof. Otherwise it will be closed.
    Hijacking of threads and references to fanboys, is NOT welcome!
    Last edited by 2Coats; 27-04-2012 at 11:10.
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabiddog View Post
    Seriously though it's not that hard to use a forum search function and if you are browsing these forums at all anyway and enough that your first post is a troll you should be able to realize that constantly bringing up the same topic is stupid.
    It is my first post after 6 Month. I gues that is the first rule for a troll. But anyway. I can only read insults in your post. Would you call that a troll post as well?

    My problem is this forum and not the game. My english is not as good as it should be and i dont have the time to read everything in the form. I do my best. I found this thread. I did understand that autocombat is unfinished. It was the first time i read about this problem. Its good to know and i can live with that little bug. Thanks to mixedupjim. No problem so far. But than a lot of insults. I said nothing about developers or paradox. I have no problem with them. I only have a problem with insults. I am not lazy, stupid or a troll. Please keep thread like this clear of insults.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabiddog View Post
    And to constantly bring up the same crap on thread after thread is called SPAMMING or TROLLING on any forum I've ever been too and on a good many of them it's a bannable offense
    The reason for this is a unfinished game and not spamming, trolling or layzness. Keep that in mind. Answer the question without any insults.

    Thanks.

  12. #12
    M.I.A 2Coats's Avatar
    Hoi 2 Beta

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    10,197
    Looks like everyone has had their say, accusations and ranting!

    In future, if you feel someone is accusing you of something please PM a moderator and let us deal with the problem. DO NOT de-rail threads. And do not ignore thread warnings from moderators.

    Thread closed!
    For God, King and Country - A MARCH OF THE EAGLES AAR
    "That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'." x2 - Marv, Sin City.


Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts