• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Code:
# Homosexual Ward
character_event = {
	id = 38234
	desc = "EVTDESC38234"
	picture = "GFX_evt_child_play"

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = "EVTOPTA38234" #Make the child fast to atone for its sins
		ai_chance = {
			factor = 10

modifier = {
				factor = 9
				trait = zealous
			}
		}
		FROM = {
			random = {
				chance = 20

remove_trait = homosexual
				opinion = {
					modifier = opinion_mad_at_guardian
					who = ROOT
					years = 5
				}
			}
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTB38234" #Try to beat it out of him/her
		ai_chance = {
			factor = 10

modifier = {
				factor = 9
				trait = cruel
			}
		}
		FROM = {
			random = {
				chance = 10

remove_trait = homosexual
				opinion = {
					modifier = opinion_mad_at_guardian
					who = ROOT
					years = 5
				}
			}
		}
	}
	option = {
		name = "EVTOPTC38234" #S/he will grow out of it
		FROM = {
			random = {
				chance = 25

add_trait = trusting
			}
		}
	}
}

Thats the gaurdian event for it. There are others as well - it seems to be a learned behavior.

You know what I've noticed about most of the homosexual marriages that appeared? They always had twice as many children as the heterosexual ones. Even when both of them were homosexual!

Although having said that, that was when I was playing with the 1.03 patch (I was busy for awhile) so it may have changed. But usually at least one kid eventually shows up.

Well, as it is only maths technically even the celibate leaves a chance to get more children (she could like, sneak in his bedroom while he sleeps, and then rub and steal his semen before he wakes up or the likes....;)

For me it worked out perfectly with my second son who was gay, married him off to three Countesses I didn't want to get children, but could not revoke/banish right away and needed married, but if possibly without heir.

On the other hand half of the Salians in my game are lesbians or gays and they marry nieces off to aunts and throw children like mad.

+1 for another homosexual thread, call in the wardogs.

Anyways, should we be holding the guardians responsible because I think someone may be trying to end/slow down you family line/dynasty.

If your only worry is that you won't get progeny, then do not. The only thing the trait gives you is less children, but you'll still have some. Homosexuality does not equal sterility.

Vassals don't like homosexual lieges, but it's only -10, so not a big deal.

What is funny is when you have two unrelated homosexual characters. They apply Relations modifier as if they were opposite sex so you can get huge negatives for "attraction to gluttonous" or a huge bonus for "attractive", etc.

Really ?!
In game it is a "learning" behavior, like IRL.

Man, I really want to combat this post, but I will refrain so we don't get another locked thread...

Anyway, I rarely see this trait, but have never known it to result in less children despite the modifier for fertility. Don't worry about it, and if you don't want to see it again....apparently don't allow homosexuals to teach your kids and DO NOT, WHATEVER YOU DO....go to any grand tournaments ;)

Man, I really want to combat this post, but I will refrain so we don't get another locked thread...
+1

Anyway, I rarely see this trait, but have never known it to result in less children despite the modifier for fertility. Don't worry about it, and if you don't want to see it again....apparently don't allow homosexuals to teach your kids and DO NOT, WHATEVER YOU DO....go to any grand tournaments ;)
Yeah, I haven't really seen it affect anything, apart from the bonus you get from other queer folk.
There's much bigger threats to a dynastic decline, like AI insisting on interdynastic marriage for prestige. Watch your inbred freaks, game.

+2

Moving on. Especially after watching episode 4 of season 2, I've found the way Game of Thrones treats homosexuality to be interesting, and quite similar to my understanding of it in medieval times. It causes sniggering and the like, but it's only really important for its effects. As long as duty is done in terms of fathering an heir, it is regarded as any other sexual peccadillo; amusing or embarrassing but not massively important or regarded as a defining characteristic.

+3

if homosexuality could be taught, I would have indoctrinated hugh jackman a long time ago.

Through careful modding, I fire an event and my monarch gets the homosexuality trait. and I've noticed that all of my homosexual ruler's have at least 6 kids. I've got a homosexual queen with 11, her homosexual husband has 13 in total.

Well, they focus on the work they have to do.^^
They will only have sex when the old pagan lady says that the perfect time for the Women has come.

And as a Liege your sexual behaviour was nothing of a big deal aslong as your kingdom and your relations to other ones were alright and you had a heir.
Just by statistics there must have been more homosexual rulers than we know of and atleast there was no judgement day, so wayne.

But I had realy to laugh about the "learning" thing. Yes, you teach someone to be a homosexual, aye sir.^^