+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality trait???

Homosexuality trait???

Does anyone know how the trait works? Is it genetic or learned behavior? I ask because my 2 oldest sons have it and I want to know if it is based on his guardian or not?

Code:
    # Homosexual Ward
    character_event = {
    	id = 38234
    	desc = "EVTDESC38234"
    	picture = "GFX_evt_child_play"

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTA38234" #Make the child fast to atone for its sins
    		ai_chance = {
    			factor = 10

modifier = {
    				factor = 9
    				trait = zealous
    			}
    		}
    		FROM = {
    			random = {
    				chance = 20

remove_trait = homosexual
    				opinion = {
    					modifier = opinion_mad_at_guardian
    					who = ROOT
    					years = 5
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    	option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTB38234" #Try to beat it out of him/her
    		ai_chance = {
    			factor = 10

modifier = {
    				factor = 9
    				trait = cruel
    			}
    		}
    		FROM = {
    			random = {
    				chance = 10

remove_trait = homosexual
    				opinion = {
    					modifier = opinion_mad_at_guardian
    					who = ROOT
    					years = 5
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    	option = {
    		name = "EVTOPTC38234" #S/he will grow out of it
    		FROM = {
    			random = {
    				chance = 25

add_trait = trusting
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }
    Thats the gaurdian event for it. There are others as well - it seems to be a learned behavior.

Arrgghh

As far as I know it's genetic!

Oh you meant in the game! :P

You know what I've noticed about most of the homosexual marriages that appeared? They always had twice as many children as the heterosexual ones. Even when both of them were homosexual!
    EU4 Mods used: Extended Timeline, A Song of Fire and Ice - Alpha, Bigger Diplomacy View, Better Color Map Modes v1.0, A Simple Map Borders Mod

Hearts of Iron 3 AARs
    Napoleonic Dreams AAR
    Ended 28/5/2010
    Unpredictable AAR - Random HoI3 - SuiciSpai Approved
    15/5/2011 - 20/9/2011 - Finished
    Unpredictable II - RandomHoI3 2.3 FTM 3.05
    Prematurely Ended November 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Khazorath View Post
    You know what I've noticed about most of the homosexual marriages that appeared? They always had twice as many children as the heterosexual ones. Even when both of them were homosexual!

I hope so, I grabbed a grey eminence, hedonist courtier to offset my son's homosexuality

Although having said that, that was when I was playing with the 1.03 patch (I was busy for awhile) so it may have changed. But usually at least one kid eventually shows up.
    EU4 Mods used: Extended Timeline, A Song of Fire and Ice - Alpha, Bigger Diplomacy View, Better Color Map Modes v1.0, A Simple Map Borders Mod

Hearts of Iron 3 AARs
    Napoleonic Dreams AAR
    Ended 28/5/2010
    Unpredictable AAR - Random HoI3 - SuiciSpai Approved
    15/5/2011 - 20/9/2011 - Finished
    Unpredictable II - RandomHoI3 2.3 FTM 3.05
    Prematurely Ended November 2011

Well, as it is only maths technically even the celibate leaves a chance to get more children (she could like, sneak in his bedroom while he sleeps, and then rub and steal his semen before he wakes up or the likes....

For me it worked out perfectly with my second son who was gay, married him off to three Countesses I didn't want to get children, but could not revoke/banish right away and needed married, but if possibly without heir.

On the other hand half of the Salians in my game are lesbians or gays and they marry nieces off to aunts and throw children like mad.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Khazorath View Post
    Gay king + lesbian queen is how I inherited Navarra in one game. They made some pretty kids, too.

Quote Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
    I hope so, I grabbed a grey eminence, hedonist courtier to offset my son's homosexuality
    If your only worry is that you won't get progeny, then do not. The only thing the trait gives you is less children, but you'll still have some. Homosexuality does not equal sterility.

Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    +1 for another homosexual thread, call in the wardogs.

Anyways, should we be holding the guardians responsible because I think someone may be trying to end/slow down you family line/dynasty.

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tanathos View Post
    If your only worry is that you won't get progeny, then do not. The only thing the trait gives you is less children, but you'll still have some. Homosexuality does not equal sterility.
    Vassals don't like homosexual lieges, but it's only -10, so not a big deal.

What is funny is when you have two unrelated homosexual characters. They apply Relations modifier as if they were opposite sex so you can get huge negatives for "attraction to gluttonous" or a huge bonus for "attractive", etc.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by grisamentum View Post
    Vassals don't like homosexual lieges, but it's only -10, so not a big deal.

What is funny is when you have two unrelated homosexual characters. They apply Relations modifier as if they were opposite sex so you can get huge negatives for "attraction to gluttonous" or a huge bonus for "attractive", etc.
    That's awesome!

Bleeding for Harder Styles Arko's Avatar
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by tanathos View Post
    As far as I know it's genetic!
    Oh you meant in the game! :P
    Really ?!
    In game it is a "learning" behavior, like IRL.
    membre du Réseau Gamers et Stratégie, tout sur CK2&EU4 en français

Les 3 Tours / The 3 Towers : economy, cathedrals and everything for a real medieval flavour -NEW-
    ARKOpack Armoiries & Interface : a CoA and Interface mod
    La Pléiade : Europa universalis IV (vraiment) en français !
    Member of H.I.P : Historical Immersion Project

Mini MODs is the answer !

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by Arko View Post
    Really ?!
    In game it is a "learning" behavior, like IRL.
    Man, I really want to combat this post, but I will refrain so we don't get another locked thread...

Anyway, I rarely see this trait, but have never known it to result in less children despite the modifier for fertility. Don't worry about it, and if you don't want to see it again....apparently don't allow homosexuals to teach your kids and DO NOT, WHATEVER YOU DO....go to any grand tournaments

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Kagernaut View Post
    Man, I really want to combat this post, but I will refrain so we don't get another locked thread...
    +1

Anyway, I rarely see this trait, but have never known it to result in less children despite the modifier for fertility. Don't worry about it, and if you don't want to see it again....apparently don't allow homosexuals to teach your kids and DO NOT, WHATEVER YOU DO....go to any grand tournaments
    Yeah, I haven't really seen it affect anything, apart from the bonus you get from other queer folk.
    There's much bigger threats to a dynastic decline, like AI insisting on interdynastic marriage for prestige. Watch your inbred freaks, game.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Kagernaut View Post
    +2

Moving on. Especially after watching episode 4 of season 2, I've found the way Game of Thrones treats homosexuality to be interesting, and quite similar to my understanding of it in medieval times. It causes sniggering and the like, but it's only really important for its effects. As long as duty is done in terms of fathering an heir, it is regarded as any other sexual peccadillo; amusing or embarrassing but not massively important or regarded as a defining characteristic.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

+3

if homosexuality could be taught, I would have indoctrinated hugh jackman a long time ago.

Through careful modding, I fire an event and my monarch gets the homosexuality trait. and I've noticed that all of my homosexual ruler's have at least 6 kids. I've got a homosexual queen with 11, her homosexual husband has 13 in total.

Crusader Kings II

Well, they focus on the work they have to do.^^
    They will only have sex when the old pagan lady says that the perfect time for the Women has come.

And as a Liege your sexual behaviour was nothing of a big deal aslong as your kingdom and your relations to other ones were alright and you had a heir.
    Just by statistics there must have been more homosexual rulers than we know of and atleast there was no judgement day, so wayne.

But I had realy to laugh about the "learning" thing. Yes, you teach someone to be a homosexual, aye sir.^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast