+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A medieval introduction:

Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

A medieval introduction:

Greetings and salutations, dear readers.
    Today, I have decided to join this community, especially for the upcoming War of the Roses.

As a long-time Mount & Blade player, but more importantly, a guy whose hobby is to put on 20Kg of medieval armour and bash the heck out of each other with his other crazy friends, full-contact, all-metal combat, I am happy that there is a new game coming up that can satisfy my need for bashing people with metal objects when it's NOT battle-time in the real world.

When I'm not busy bashing (and getting bashed) people with metal objects, I'm a rather peaceful, friendly and talkative guy.
    That makes me able to survive in the modern world and earn money doing a real job, which I need for buying nice stuff for my lady, improving my equipment or just adding new shinies (Helmets! Weapons! Armour! Shiny!), as well as paying my half of the rent and other annoying stuff.

So yeah, here I am.

I guess I'll be pretty active on this board, since I have first-hand knowledge and experience with medieval arms & armour (not a history-genius, though), and this is just my kind of game. The kind of game I WANT to be good. Really good.

Expect to see me in several threads, opening new ones, spouting out my opinions and experiences in the most diplomatic way possible (or less diplomatic, when drunk or when someone is really just spreading bullshit). I'm looking forward to be a part of this community, and share my thoughts and suggestions with all of you!

Safe travels,
    Elric von Rabenfels

Welcome to the community!

Excellent. I'll look forward to your posts. there's not enough of us who think that being beaten around the head by a lunatic with a metre-long bar of steel is fun!
    "We had two bags of books, seventy-five PDF files, five sheets of high-resolution linework, a hard drive half-full of photographs, and a whole galaxy of armour, swords, pollaxes, maces... Also, a quarto of latin texts, a quarto of manuscripts, a case of swords, and two dozen fechtbuch. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious history collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    The only things that really worried me were the fechtbuch. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a history binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Its a pleasure to meet you ! Im excited in seeing you opinions.

Welcome to the Forum !

Lead Programmer
    Fatshark

Welcome

Welcome and Enjoy the forum

Lots to see and do

Corporal
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by -Suzerain- View Post
    Excellent. I'll look forward to your posts. there's not enough of us who think that being beaten around the head by a lunatic with a metre-long bar of steel is fun!
    LoL, once you have first hand experience in the art. Bashing is hard to stop, trouble is getting your friends to try for the first time :P

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Welcome! I hope you like it here.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Welcome!
    "In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane." Oscar Wilde

+ Reply to Thread