+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a suggestion..

Just a suggestion..

Hi I'm new to this forum, really just joined to find out more about war of the roses. I must say the graphics and game play are really exciting, especially with the equipment customisations.
    And I can't wait for it's release.

I just have this crazy idea, and I just want to put it out there.
    Although it's called war of the roses, maybe it could have some extra content, like some fantasy stuff, some spell casting and some fire breathing dragons.
    It would be freaking awesome, something like skyrim but with multiplayer. How crazy will that be?!
    Of course this would be EXTRA content, not the main focus of the game.

And maybe there can be a game mode where everyone is on the same team, probably with 50+ people, fighting against npcs that come in waves.
    Something like a last stand, or protect the king.

And maybe maps that are indoors, enclosed areas.

Just saying..

Sorry, I just don't like fantasy that much. This game is about "realistic" pvp melee combat. It might also work vs NPC monsters but that's no key feature.
    If it's a mod or something like that, I wouldn't mind.

And maybe there can be a game mode where everyone is on the same team, probably with 50+ people, fighting against npcs that come in waves.
    Warband does have mods like this. Try Nord Invasion. It's really fun!

Well, I'd agree on the indoors area.
    would be rather interesting to have a battle inside a castle, through the mine shaft dug underneath it into a forgotten cellar, and up through three or more floors of a castle, through the entire building, round staircases, through halls, courtyards etc...

the fantasy stuff... erm... Well.. ah. Nice weather we're having today.
    Oh, and welcome to the forums, Malicious...
    "We had two bags of books, seventy-five PDF files, five sheets of high-resolution linework, a hard drive half-full of photographs, and a whole galaxy of armour, swords, pollaxes, maces... Also, a quarto of latin texts, a quarto of manuscripts, a case of swords, and two dozen fechtbuch. Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious history collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.
    The only things that really worried me were the fechtbuch. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of a history binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon."

Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic CircleSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesWar of the Vikings

Blog Entries
    Its actually refreshing to have a close combat medieval game WITHOUT fantasy don't you think.

I would hope to see:
    Normans and Vikings
    Crusades
    The hundred years war
    Renaissance
    30 years war

Before seeing fantasy for the hundredth time in a game.

Fantasy has been smothering historical for much too long.
    I have never understood why people think something that never existed or will exist is so much more interesting
    than the richness of real history and real people.

I mean space\sci-fi games I can understand because they could happen. But most of what is in fantasy games could never have happened.
    Its pure bed time stories....

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    I mean space\sci-fi games I can understand because they could happen. But most of what is in fantasy games could never have happened.
    Ya, well. I must admit it's fun to play in a medieval/fantasy world in singleplayer and coop. I remember I had a perfectly good time playing Rune in coop, and I certainly would love a Skyrim coop (which is being worked on). But for pure pvp multiplayer I prefer humans only or maybe very humaoid creatures like the Tolkien elves and dwarfs. I don't exactly like Orks or strange leopard-like looking humanoid warriors that claim to be perfectly normal in this world ^^ (like in skyrim)

God of War and Thunder Demi Moderator Baynard's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses500k club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malicious1 View Post
    fantasy stuff, some spell casting and some fire breathing dragons.
    *Leaves thread.*

OT:
    This may be cool to have, maybe one or two maps that are set inside a castle - could work.
    A.K.A. Hugues

Find me on:I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    ― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Mount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses

Although it's called war of the roses, maybe it could have some extra content, like some fantasy stuff, some spell casting and some fire breathing dragons.
    It would be freaking awesome, something like skyrim but with multiplayer. How crazy will that be?!

Just saying..
    Much, much better. I would love that.

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    Its actually refreshing to have a close combat medieval game WITHOUT fantasy don't you think.

I would hope to see:
    Normans and Vikings
    Crusades
    The hundred years war
    Renaissance
    30 years war

Before seeing fantasy for the hundredth time in a game.

Fantasy has been smothering historical for much too long.
    I have never understood why people think something that never existed or will exist is so much more interesting
    than the richness of real history and real people.

M&B: Warband has these in mods already but there were quite a few fantasy mods before them, Prophecy of pendor for example made release before the 1200 patch over to warband with Vikingr coming up slowly behind.

I wouldn't mind Fantasy coming in later through modding (if it happens) as modding is about a group trying to create something they enjoy themselves. MM only got where it is now through continual community support and getting hold of a good fan base ... which took time to build up.

I'm sure if WotR has modding then there will undoubtably be a fantasy style mod out there.

Its been mentioned in another thread they may explore the Japenese 3 Kingdoms era ... obviously after WotR was fully made and bug free after release.

By the way, can armour be deformed/dented/scratched in the game?

Maybe after receiving too many hits, bits of your armour falls off. And you get a huge round dent in your armour when you get hit by a lance.
    Just cosmetics, no reduction to stats, movement, etc.

BF3 has a destructible environment, can we have destructible armour?

EU3 CompleteLead and GoldMagickaMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane

Blog Entries
    Things like the dents in armor would be great, but I'm not a fan of armor falling off though.
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

When I write in this beautiful orange text, I write as a moderator - please listen to whatever is said.

Quote Originally Posted by Baynard View Post
    Things like the dents in armor would be great, but I'm not a fan of armor falling off though.
    This.

Dents are very much realistic (reminds me, have to get some of those nasty dents out of my shoulder plates), but armour parts falling off is COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. Only thing ever to fall off are helmets, and only if you haven't fastened your chin strap.

Please, no armour parts "popping off".

Haha I meant like debris, small bits, not entire armour pieces, chips of metal.
    It would be a joke to see someone running around airing their undies after their heavy metal pants have fallen off hahaha.

Haha I meant like debris, small bits, not entire armour pieces, chips of metal.
    It would be a joke to see someone running around airing their undies after their heavy metal pants have fallen off hahaha.
    While the picture you're making pop up in my mind (Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES! ) is very amusing, even tiny bits of metal flying off is very unlikely to happen to armour.

Blog Entries
    Let's just stick with the dents and scrap the shrapnel idea
    A.K.A. Hugues

― Thomas A. Edison

BF3 has a destructible environment, can we have destructible armour?
    I would totally dig this. Other games did it before... in Warband you don't lose your armour but you get pretty bloody. In Red Orchestra: Ostfront your helmet could be shot off, as well as your weapon.
    If it was possible I'd love to see my armour heavily beaten up as prove of my bravery in battle ^^

Plus I want to cut off other players' stupid crests

+ Reply to Thread