• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KouDy

Corporal
34 Badges
Jan 27, 2011
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • East India Company Collection
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
How to start in Tokyo? No matter what i try, i am getting into negative numbers with no success of doing anything much. I tried all common advices like don't go into center, start on the edges and slowly move into the city center, feeding lines with buses (being them metro or monorail) but no luck either.
Is it just that people in Tokyo don't want to travel?

Tokyo residents want to travel. Consider, as your first line, a north-south from a railway station to a shopping mall to a railway station. Either do it cheaply (buses) or correct (metro)

I had problems too. Eventually I succeeded using monorail from east to west serving each island. Profit was small but steady, then I eventually added metro connected to the monorail and running north to south and profits soared

i've got trouble with most cities except for berlin, berlin goes verry well, i usually have a couple hundred people waiting on a station or stop. could somenone help out with some of the other cities such as new york? never been able to get more than a dozen passengers total there.

How to start in Tokyo? No matter what i try, i am getting into negative numbers with no success of doing anything much. I tried all common advices like don't go into center, start on the edges and slowly move into the city center, feeding lines with buses (being them metro or monorail) but no luck either.
Is it just that people in Tokyo don't want to travel?

The key to tokyo is feeding the metro and using monorails to avoid traffic. Build your first two bus lines, one slight north of the park and one slightly south of the park, with one shared stop (or at least a stop across the street).

THen create an east-west monorail from the place where the two bus lines meet, to the metro station in the center of the map. Just have the monorail shuttle back and forth.

Then build another east-west monorail at the northmost metro station and create bus routes to feed those monorails and thus the metro. And do the same at the southernmost metro station, make sure that monorail stops at the train station and the airport.

Now you have one north-south metro and three east-west monorails none of which are affected by traffic. Build a few bus lines to feed and drain the monorail station and the metro stations and you should by then have like 60 or 70 percent coverage without too much extra cost.

Be careful of the area around the museum. The roads are weird there so it's tempting to build buses, but that area to the northwest of the museum has massive amounts of passengers and will overload almost anything you put there. I'd almost recommend another metro line that goes there.

The problem is right at the end...i cant seem to reach that 85% target. Ive made it to 83% but never anymore than that. Can someone tell me how to reach that goal. Money isnt the issue...im making gazillions so can delete lines and rebuild them etc

Have you checked this? http://citiesinmotion.wikispaces.com/Hints

Can't get 100% of coverage
To get 100% you also need to connect the edge of the maps - wherever you see roads leading the map are potential stations for your metro/tram as people who drive into the map from these spaces will take public transport instead. If you're not getting 100% it's likely this is the culprit.

coveroutside.jpg