• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Instead of arguing over Andalus, Granda and Byzantine importance and heritage, why dont you guys instead post a list of missions you think should be available.

If there was such a list in this thread i would most likely make all missions that make sense and add them to MPM. From there its a rather simple task to adjust them for vanilla game (just delete all the extra provinces).

As I stated above, I think that Andalusian culture should be Maghreb Arabi like Algiers, and Morocco. With an option to reform Almohad empire for Morrocoo, Granada, Tunis, Algiers, Tripoli (Maybe require Tunis, Tangiers, Granada, Oran, Tripolitania, Bone or something along those lines to form).

For unique missions I will go off of ideas from this map that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:pen%C3%ADnsula_ib%C3%A9rica_750.svg shows maximum extent of the Omeyyad caliphate. And this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Al_Andalus.gif one that show Al_Andalus proper before the christians fought back. They will also probably be pretty strong like Byzantium missions are.

I think one should be conquer Andalucia and Cadiz. Giving cores in both and legitimacy. Something like Regain Andalucia!

Then another one that is conquer Mucia and La Mancha, again giving cores and legitimacy.

Third would be Regain Cordoba! giving a core on Cordoba, and then maybe doing something special like giving a base tax to one of your provinces or more manpower, and a capital shift. Thinking this because Cordoba was kind of the heart of the Al-Andalus kingdom.

Conquer Portucal. cores on Lisboa, Beira, Algarve. conquest casus belli, POR does not exist for success.

Conquer Valencia. Cores on Valencia, Belearas and Alacante

Convert southern Spain! All provinces in Andalusia are muslim. Maybe give prestige and stability or something.

Control African Trade. conquer Tangiers, Ceutra. Give 10% trade income and cores. conquest casus belli on owner of those provinces

Reclaim Zaragoza. Gain core on Aragon. conquest casus belli on own of aragon.

Control Catalunya. Aragon does not exist, gain core on Barcelona. Give conquest casus belli.

Conquer Galicia. Core on Galicia, conquest casus belli on province owned.

Maybe a final mission of drive christians out. with success of Castille does not exist, where you get a core on Toledo, and finish them off.

As I stated above, I think that Andalusian culture should be Maghreb Arabi like Algiers, and Morocco.

I agree on everything except for this one.

It should be like Tartar-Russian. Andalucian as the Spanish people in Southern Spain when the province is Catholic(christian), part of the Iberian Culture Group and able to form Spain and part of Maghreb Arabi Culture Group when Sunni(muslim), able to get those nice missions you told there. Focusing on driving the christians out of the Peninsula. After you have one united Iberia under Muslim rule you can holy war your way into Europe if you have the balls. Or even take over North Africa, same way Castille does every other day.

I like this suggestion very much.

As I stated above, I think that Andalusian culture should be Maghreb Arabi like Algiers, and Morocco. With an option to reform Almohad empire for Morrocoo, Granada, Tunis, Algiers, Tripoli (Maybe require Tunis, Tangiers, Granada, Oran, Tripolitania, Bone or something along those lines to form).

For unique missions I will go off of ideas from this map that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:pen%C3%ADnsula_ib%C3%A9rica_750.svg shows maximum extent of the Omeyyad caliphate. And this http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/04/Al_Andalus.gif one that show Al_Andalus proper before the christians fought back. They will also probably be pretty strong like Byzantium missions are.

I think one should be conquer Andalucia and Cadiz. Giving cores in both and legitimacy. Something like Regain Andalucia!

Then another one that is conquer Mucia and La Mancha, again giving cores and legitimacy.

Third would be Regain Cordoba! giving a core on Cordoba, and then maybe doing something special like giving a base tax to one of your provinces or more manpower, and a capital shift. Thinking this because Cordoba was kind of the heart of the Al-Andalus kingdom.

Conquer Portucal. cores on Lisboa, Beira, Algarve. conquest casus belli, POR does not exist for success.

Conquer Valencia. Cores on Valencia, Belearas and Alacante

Convert southern Spain! All provinces in Andalusia are muslim. Maybe give prestige and stability or something.

Control African Trade. conquer Tangiers, Ceutra. Give 10% trade income and cores. conquest casus belli on owner of those provinces

Reclaim Zaragoza. Gain core on Aragon. conquest casus belli on own of aragon.

Control Catalunya. Aragon does not exist, gain core on Barcelona. Give conquest casus belli.

Conquer Galicia. Core on Galicia, conquest casus belli on province owned.

Maybe a final mission of drive christians out. with success of Castille does not exist, where you get a core on Toledo, and finish them off.

Too many missions. This can be simplified by giving Granada to form Andalusia, which requires Algarve, Andalusia, Cordoba, Murcia, and Badajoz, and Valencia (no cores). Once formed, Andalusia gets core on all of Iberia except Gallicia, Asturia, Viscaya, Navarra, Barcelona, and Rousillon. And then there can be separate missions to conquer the northern coast, the Catalan territories, and southern France.

Too many missions. This can be simplified by giving Granada to form Andalusia, which requires Algarve, Andalusia, Cordoba, Murcia, and Badajoz, and Valencia (no cores). Once formed, Andalusia gets core on all of Iberia except Gallicia, Asturia, Viscaya, Navarra, Barcelona, and Rousillon. And then there can be separate missions to conquer the northern coast, the Catalan territories, and southern France.

That is probably a better idea lol.

Andalusian culture should probably be in the same group as the rest of the Maghrib. I don't think there's a need for any other tags though. The troublesome aspect of adding tags for Muslim nations is that typically they were referred to by the name of the ruling dynasty, as in the case of the North African states (Marinids, Ziyyanids, Hafsids), or countless other dynasties in history (Umayyads, Abbasids, Seljukids, Ayyubids, list goes on endlessly...). Even Granada itself would ideally be named this way (Nasrids).

This leads to the obvious problem that in-game dynasties don't function the same way as real life ones. They change too randomly, and whenever a new country becomes independant the ruling dynasty is randomly selected from a list. Without a Crusader Kings style system, this problem can never be fixed, and Muslim countries can never be named correctly.

So, basically, whether the Andalusian state is named Granada, Nasrids, Al-Andalus, etc. doesn't make much of a difference since it'll never truly be correct. Better to choose the option that gives us the smallest number of tags possible and leave it as it currently is.

And, on an unrelated note, Selim II was not the Commodus-esque failure that Kinross makes him out to be.