• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
All hail the Soviet Union! I'm chugging all the vodka in my house when we force a German surrender, and I hope you guys do to!

Just downed a bottle of Svedka. I need MORE!! (vodka and updates :))

This is the most brutal beat-down I've seen the Soviets deliver in the HoI3 forums. It's terrifying.

Breaking Stuff to Look Tough

The Far Eastern Front:
Our plan to deal with Japan was based upon a concentrated offensive from the Vladivostok corridor into the flank of the Manchurian garrison, this would cut off the majority of the known Japanese army from their base in China and Korea. The terrain was ideal for a swift armor thrust. As I was kind of overwhelmed with other fronts I neglected to take detailed pictures, but I can describe what occurred in the three major fronts of that theater. On Sinkiang front nothing much happened, our respective armies were dug into mountains and could not dislodge each other. All around the huge Manchurian salient the Japanese began attacking with some success, we had stripped the lines to help with our offensive in the south, as long as that succeeds the Japanese can so what they want. From Vladivostok our tanks and piles of infantry completely overwhelmed the Japanese who had no rivers to hide behind. Tanks. Good unit.

May 7th: Here is our Progress after one month of fighting.
tePE1.png

The Japanese suffered huge casualties including total unit loses when exposed to fast moving and hard hitting tank divisions, our main goal is knocking out their puppet as they have a surprisingly competent army. After that we will plung into China, I can't wait to get a new puppet!

South America: The Mountain Men

I am beginning to really hate Peru. They some of the most difficult provinces to fight in, they take over a month to traverse and are made out of pure attrition and defender bonuses. We out number the Peruvians but it will take time to break them. Amphibious landings have been attempted but our ships are attacked by a whole bunch of different navies. We were forced to land south of the capital and get surrounded. After this and the failure of Venezuela we decided to play it slow and safe until we can bring more reinforcements. That will have to wait for Italy to be neutralized.
K99jw.png

More bloody battles in Peru.
UADPx.png

The Western/Eastern Front (Depending on your perspective)

Here we are on May 4th, the battle for Berlin starts with a loss. We have just retreated out of Lubben after our overextended and worn down tanks were finally stopped, I manually retreated just to save their org for another day.
f7IKT.png
DcsdW.png

After this set back we decided to wait for the rest of the army to catch up before trying again. Our main goal is to surround Berlin. Those adjacent provinces will be full of much needed fuel and supplies and holding all of them will also disrupt the German supply network. Once Berlin is surrounded we will wait for the infantry to carry the city.

In a few days more units gather and we begin a relentless assault around Berlin.
RCAbw.png

Witness the power of armored formations on open ground. Ther was another battle around Potsdam, killing over 1200 Germans.

By May 10th we almost have the city surrounded, but its just one big giant mess of an encirclement, the troops in Berlin are attacking out of the city, we are attacking into the city to relieve the pressure, other German units are hitting anything that is vulnerable from the outside. Brandenburg is attacked countless times and somehow holds while inflicting huge casualties. Meanwhile we gorge ourselves on intercepted German supplies, Russian soldiers have never enjoyed such bountiful and non-rotting rations and our tanks have so much gas we just leave them running all night so the tankers won't have to wait to start them up in the morning.
mcLWT.png

Meanwhile Danzig is still being a huge pain in the ass.
NTYDr.png

They seem to have limitless supplies, attacking the city is almost suicide and they keep attacking our positions as soon as the are vulnerable.

BxpDD.png

The Danzig garrison chase us out of Lauenburg, and sit there contentedly daring us to try and take it back.

We capture Warsaw on May 6th and its defenders, there were way more than 14000, but they had already surrendered.
DYy8P.png

This and other crushed pockets make us feel slightly better about Danzig.

This event happens, I get a chuckle out of it and 200 manpower, that's pretty cool. Paradox should really fix this event to make it happen fire when the Germans start capturing Russian territory or else embarrassing things like this happen.
NJTNS.png

I think the Germans need this event more than we do :p

This happens next. Why hello there Poland, tired of being oppressed by Germany? Why not let us oppress you instead?
UggPB.png

Pocket Change:
A huge, uncooperative pocket has been sitting in the center of our advance for days now, they are the remnants of the German border guard that have been herded across Poland until we could wrap around them. This was a very tough fight. We had just ignored the pocket as our tanks were all out of gas and org. But the circled province below was constantly attacked the they tried to break out. We had to rush fresh units there just to hold things together. Those Germans could not be allowed to escape or the whole center would flounder. When the reinforcing tanks were attacked again and started losing I finally got frustrated and hit the pocket with everything we had, including every bomber, multirole and fighter available, somehow the attack starts to work and the percentages climb in our favour. But not before multiple escape attempts.
2xoF2.png

The circled province is called Militsch, it endures quite a roller coaster of battles as we try to exterminate the pocket.

z1uJS.png

Using the normal reckless Russian tenacity somehow we hold on to the province and the Germans stay trapped.

STqru.png

On May 13th the pocket surrenders, I hope they packed gloves because they are going on an extended vacation up north.

The battle in the south is confusing, frustrating and not really important, those two cities will last quite a while and Slovaks prove to be a huge nuisance.
3edMI.png

May 13th we give Berlin a nice big bear hug. The Germans don't like it very much and keep trying to break it. We break them instead.
cBbJc.png

In central Germany we cross the Oder at Burslau, we are gunning for the cities of Prague, Vienna and the rest of southern Germany but run into a bunch of Germans, again our tanks will have to slow down and wait for infantry to catch up before we can press forward.
WToH6.png

We are going to need a bigger army...

Our progress by May 13th, Poland makes the advance look a lot less impressive :(
cQqdi.png

Note the difficulty we are having in the Balkans, those guys are just barely holding back the Italians, Albania is also holding, but the combined armies of Greece, Turkey and Bulgaria should eventually win. I hope. Otherwise we are poised for two huge breakouts in Germany as soon as the infantry catches up and can break through the new German lines.

Last edited:
Well now, I'm quite ashamed of you. I thought you had what it takes to beat the Germans in under a month, and here you are, after all that time Berlin is barely surrounded. You are just barely destroying your enemies on 3 of 4 fronts. Absolutely shocking. Uncle Joe will be displeased.

Stalin will arrive in Berlin precisely when he means to. Which is usually right after he packs his supply of vodka (a considerable feat, to be sure). And his b*tches. What party is great without b*tches?

Seems like some generals need to be "disciplined" in order to speed up the process. At least Poland is liberated.

I undarstand your point about the puppets and yes it looks cool :D Although about the supply from puppets I am not so sure it is a good thing. They don't seem to have that much.
The advance looks good. I hope you could maintain the momentum. The Balkans doesn't look promising. Maybe as you push deeper and deeper into Germany the Italians will shift their forces north. Albania is frustrating but until you destroy those forces look at it as less Italian troops on the German front.
And what is that German piece of territory in Sweden?

I wait for the new updates!

The Tipping Point

Sorry for delay of updates, weekends are really busy and writing about these crazy wars I started is getting very difficult.

Berlin Burning:

We continue to fight it out with desperate Germans around their capital, while our infantry assaults the city.

Battles around Brandenburg between May 15-17th
El5gQ.png

The assault on Berlin on May 18th. It had already been going on for a few days, and most of the Germans guarding the city had been worn down by breakout attempts and previous attacks by our forces.
EoKMI.png

On May 19th the Germans surrender the city, the fighting had been so intense that the infrastructure of the city would be damaged for weeks after, looking like a hilarious dot of yellow in a sea of bright green. This special victory gave us a chance to decrease our dissent by 10% or something, all I know is we could switch all (36) our IC on consumer goods to other things. Sorry little Soviet children born in June the glow of victory will be your only birthday present this year! We are also sending you to work in the coal mines.
mfqaa.png

After Berlin surrendered all the tank divisions that had been strongpointing the city were let loose, slamming into the exhausted German lines that had been probing our positions for weeks. It was like a tsunami of armor, washing away all the German units, destroying almost every division that was around the city. Over the first few weeks of June our armies in Germany set their cruise control to cool (and pillage)

FX8rP.png

All the way in Danzig we finally push the Germans back into the city. But the city has even better fortifications than Lauenburg...
bCoRh.png

Down in the Balkans things are not going as well. The stacks of our puppets are still getting tossed around by the Italians and Germans. Thankfully the line only crumples allowing us to focus on other fronts. I am now convinced that the USSR needs to puppet at least 1-2 Balkan states if they want to have an easy time fighting the Axis.
o1nP7.png

Shortly after the fall of Berlin the Germans began to attack the Allies in the Netherlands. Better late than never...
kss08.png

Down at the bottom you can just see Bitburg, the new German capital. It is in an extremely defensible position with rivers, cities and fortifications surrounding it. Hitler had chosen it for the good hotels and brothels, the defensibly of the city was just a fluke.

Italy also goes full retard and starts a war they cannot hope to finish. Unless they get puppeted by us and then dragged into another war against the allies. War with France will have unfortunate, rage inducing consequences.
cHQDa.png

The advance on June 12th, after the fall of Berlin there was little resistance in central Germany.
gWxOQ.png

The dot in northern Yugoslavia is the salient that the single Russian corps in the Balkans is maintaining. In the south, Albania and the very large Italian garrison is about to fall.

Our glorious puppets have single handed won their own battle. The great thing about puppets is that you get to keep what they conquer, also they will send their troops to die for whatever you point at. And all the oil you could ever want!
2vfXs.png

Also happening in early June: The Manchurian front has broken open, we have just captured Manchukuo's 2nd capital and are rushing for the third.
yIPPe.png

And then we puppet them. Shortly afterwards I learn about a particularly annoying aspect of puppeting your enemy's puppets. Whoever they were attached to get a truce. Meaning Manchukuo is at peace with Japan, not only denying me the use of their considerable army, but giving the Japanese army a free pass to escape to their borders in Korea and China. If anyone knows how to get puppets to declare war on countries they have truces with could you let me know. In the meantime Stalin ordered the arrest and execution of all the leadership of our new puppet until someone attacks Japan.
0jljw.png

I am use to seeing absurd and slightly depressing things in this AAR but this one takes the cake...
mnLRe.png

Sigh, looks like the war is just getting started.

On June 12th we capture Wien, or as we North Americans call it Vienna.
pIzar.png

Vienna is a way better name tbh.

A few days later our breakneck drive across Germany comes to an end as our forces slam into a line of German units. Before I took this picture two of our vanguard tank divisions had already reached Dusseldorf, but then ran into a whole bunch of stukas, panzer divisions and motorized infantry, they did not make it out alive.
T6b1D.png

We have taken two crucial airbases and are poised to assault the sprawling Ruhr and its blob of cities, once those fall Bitburg can be attacked. But that is easier said than done, in all the alternate Cold War gone hot stories I have seen or read the Ruhr is usually what stops the Soviets cold.

In the south our forces are getting spread very thin, and run into determined resistance. Our tank divisions are worn down, we don't have enough infantry to hold gaps. As the weeks go by we decided to focus on holding ground in the south and charging toward Bitburg with everything we have.

On yet another front, the north Balkans, we are deep into Slovakia, and have started to prob the mass of units guarding Bratislava (can be seen as the 0 attack in picture below). We begin to encircle the city to destroy all those divisions in it.
IHq8Q.png

Between the giant clash of Russian and German arms around the Rhine and the sloppy mess of the Balkans, packs of Italian and a few German divisions roam through south central Germany unimpeded, harassing our weak underbelly. They start to threaten Prague so we dispatch divisions form other fronts to try and tie them down.
U1hsY.png

Might as well take this moment to talk about the air war. First of all I suck at managing air forces, although I am way too picky to let the AI do it. The air war was going well in the early stages. The only thing stopping my bombers was AA and logistics. While our huge stacks of INT kept the Germans from hurting us. But as we neared the Rhine my fighters had finally been worn down to nothing, while many of my CAS had lost considerable levels of strength and org, the luftwaffe was back.
YrXY6.png

It would take some time to gain control of the skies, but until then our tanks were bombed and our bases harassed.

On June 22nd, we begin the decisive offensive of our war with Germany, if we succeed they will surrender, if we fail our southern line will likely crumble and we will be forced to pull back.
mW75A.png

The German surrender progress. Soviet High Command likes to call this the Countdown to Annihilation.
YeubL.png

1000 Year Reich? The only thing that will last 1000 years in Germany will be the monuments to glorious Soviet victories, Communism and the mass graves of Germans who stood in the way. Also giant gold statues of Stalin, we're going to be building lots of those.

Russian to the Rhine

Europe as of June 28th, 1941. The Netherlands are almost gone, but the German advance into Belgium has stalled and will be rolled back as they move to stop our advance on Bitburg. During July the Germans start acting like Germans whip out numerous panzer dvsions and mobile forces.
lG1pu.png

Here is an overview of where we will be burying the German state. The final battleground for our two great nations.
Hm7EM.png

We overpower the Germans in Dortmund, they try a few counterattacks but one division will not beat 5. The overwhelming numbers of Russian units is the real reason why this campaign has been so decisive, we can take the initiative when and where it matters thanks to our giant army.
ed8Wa.png

On June 30th Bratislava falls, and we kill or capture 44000 troops. Not bad, now our forces begin a south-western advance toward northern Italy and there is nothing substantial to stop them.
bFEpj.png

Here is a very silly place to put a capital. And how on earth did they get through our lines to set it all up?!!
AyAgw.png

Then we Won:
On July 1st a very strange and unexpected thing occurred. We won the game, or at least achieved enough of the victory conditions that I had never set (they were on default) and had been ignoring.

7v98L.png

Blam! 12 for 15 baby, it turns out reckless hyperaggression for the sake of lulz and war time laws can in fact win the game by 1941. I could have won even soon had I not gone and declared war on the US and the entire continent of South America. But we are not in it to win it. We are in this to utterly dominate, humiliate and Communize the world.
UDyjy.png

When informed that we had "won" Stalin asked if the other factions and all the neutral powers of the world had surrendered and accepted communism as the one true political and economic doctrine. He was told that Russia had only fulfilled 12 of 15 arbitrary objectives chosen by a lazy 20 year old. Stalin informed his cabinet that he did not feel like a winner and instead felt like killing everyone who thought he should stop because a popup told him to. He also felt like killing Americans with nuclear bombs, and enslaving the Germans, Italians and Japanese and burning Paris until France cried and owning Cuba for cigars and Castro memes and conquering Canada so they will never beat Russia at hockey and making the whole world communist so no one would notice how crap it really was. Stalin had the victory popup arrested, and then shot, Stalin said that only he will declare victory and first Stalin needed a pile of skulls, weaponized Uranium and a chair made out of Hitler's remains. Stalin was not finished, Stalin was just getting started.
With that little inconvenience out of the way let us get back to the war.

I would like a Bitburger and Fries

Recognizing that a fight through the cities of the Ruhr would be slow and painful I redirected our armor to skirt around them to attack Bitburg from the north. German forces would be pinned by spoiling attacks against their river line in the south, this could possibly achieve a breakthrough but most likely result in huge casualties, oh well. Finally a slow advance by an infantry corps through the urban area will hopefully, if everyone meets up in time for the attack on Bitburg, provide some muscle for the tanks.
zGCEI.png

The deadly black arrows of Soviet war plans are feared by all.

We do the easy part and start pushing the Germans off the eastern side of the Rhine, but getting onto the western side will prove to be more difficult.
eyQsQ.png

Our initial attack on Dusseldorf is repelled. The city is a pretty big VP and has a 10 IC crammed into it. Always a good target for strat bombers. But the Germans do not give it up easily.
2E3CT.png

Just south of the Ruhr cities is the province of Wuppertal, this along with a few other province on the Rhine front becomes the whipping boy for several panzer divisions. They just keep attacking and thrashing whatever we put there. At this point German panzers start to become unmanageable. During the first phase of the invasion whenever we faced Geramn tanks we had some red rollahs and CAS bombers to grind them up, but now we are too spread out to deal out shock and awe to all comers.

WjP2t.png

Down in the south our attack against Stuttgart, the last major VP outside the Ruhr region, is stopped by giant stacks of Germans that have been peeled off the Maginot line.
qXEPU.png

There will be a brutal back and forth battle around here for weeks. Until both sides have run down all units in the area to zero org.

Hey, look, look at Italy, yeah look there.
w8exo.png

Yes that is France invading Italy, the same Italy that we are planning to Puppet so we can use the Med as our personal lake. The stakes just got higher.

Our flanking maneuver around Dusseldorf hits a very heavy obstacle, German heavy tanks. Kleve is the elbow of our advance, we have to win there. Thankfully I found some fresh CAS, and they love blowing up heavy things.
aU6mF.png

By July 11th we have chased off the heavy tanks, and our giant armor fist prepares to plunge south. All 70,000 of those troops are armored or motorized. I think that roughly equals 700-1400 tanks. o_O
iY7gQ.png

But we are also whooped in Wuppertal and a whole bunch of other places along the line. Other than our drive from Kleve the offensive has officially stalled.
NUWbL.png

On July 11th the Germans begin their alarming counter offensive, I suppose in a desperate attempt to relieve pressure on Bitburg. Our forces in the south are spread thin and their org is low or nonexistent. This is made worse by our lack of a reserve force. If we don't take Bitburg soon those Germans could easily breakthrough and start rolling up our line.
O7teq.png

Gulp.

....what? I expected Hitler's head on a pike by now. This, this is just unacceptable. Now bring me more vodka, busty German slave-wench! *hic* Oh wait, you're Guderain...

-from Excerpts from famous speeches by Stalin, Vol. 1

When I saw how fast you broke out across Germany, I think I pooed myself a little.

The glorious Comintern rolls onward to victory.