+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Weird Brigade formations?

Weird Brigade formations?

Anyone give a shot at a few weird builds?

Like Heavy armor, medium, light and maybe engineers?
    or Marines, Mountain and Para?
    No longer participating in forum discussions due to conflict of interest with the Administration of this forum.

Hearts of Iron III

yeah, i did once, a full American Corps of H Arm x1 L Arm x1 Para x1, and Gar x1. The Corps did not only defeat the Mexicans in 1944 (they were in the Axis somehow), but went all the way down to Panama and was poised to take South America. Sadly, however, Nearly all of those countries were in the Allies. 5 strange divisions took down all of "Central America"
    "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat."-Winston Churchill

"Old Abe Lincoln
    with his paper and pen
    will be famous someday
    but only God knows when."
    -Abraham Lincoln at 12 years old

"There is nothing to fear but fear itself"-Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis: RomeHoi 2 Beta500k club

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryT View Post
    yeah, i did once, a full American Corps of H Arm x1 L Arm x1 Para x1, and Gar x1. The Corps did not only defeat the Mexicans in 1944 (they were in the Axis somehow), but went all the way down to Panama and was poised to take South America. Sadly, however, Nearly all of those countries were in the Allies. 5 strange divisions took down all of "Central America"
    That's a long walk for a Garrison. They only move at speed-1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cabl3 Guy
    Check out my MECH thread.
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

"The Game"... my first AAR. Armageddon v1.2 Mod-34, Germany.
    Winner, Q2-2008 HOI-2 Comedy Award.
    Winner, 2008 Iron HeAARt Award for the best HOI-2 AAR of 2008.
    Autocrat of Earth in the Forum Game "Ad Astra"
    Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourSemper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by blue emu View Post
    That's a long walk for a Garrison. They only move at speed-1.

Check out my MECH thread.
    What is the link?

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne

Quote Originally Posted by peterhoi3 View Post
    What is the link?
    Front page.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-rush-feasible
    "To punish me for my contempt for authority, they made me an authority myself" - Albert Einstein

My Demi-Mod color is GOLD. If I'm posting in this color, I'm not just being a jerk. I use WHITE for that.

Welcome to BloodCarnage... Hope you like snakes! - A Dwarf Fortress succession game.

Covert Mastermind Demi Moderator Secret Master's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

You can't go wrong with combined arms militia formations.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Speaking of "weird brigade formations"...

... when I first began advocating INFx2/ARTx2 binary Divisions, shortly after the original beta, everyone treated me like I needed a doctor.

Nowadays, it seems to be accepted as one of the main standards.

... I'm a rebel without a cause...
    Last edited by blue emu; 24-04-2012 at 02:53.

Convicted Drive-by Poster Pro_Consul's Avatar
    EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSword of the StarsMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations500k club

everyone treated me like I needed a doctor.
    Well...you DO need a doctor. It's not unusual for a mental case to have a brilliant insight now and again, but they should still be under the care of a skilled psychiatrist.
    Last edited by Pro_Consul; 24-04-2012 at 03:46.
    An Englishman thinks a hundred miles is a long way. An American thinks a hundred years is a long time. I am beginning to think a hundred dollars is a lot of money. Two of these facts are interesting. All of them are revealing. But only one of them is truly pathetic.

Member of the Ahistoric Association

200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Ship Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations

... when I first began advocating INFx2/ARTx2 binary Divisions, shortly after the original beta, everyone treated me like I needed a doctor.

I never thought that. I reviewed the game before release and realized the sheer power of that build way back then. I do remember those threads, though.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Note: If I write a post in this hideous color, I am speaking as a Demi-Moderator. Paying attention is strongly advised.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    mixing para's and heavy/SH armor create a really good defence unit because of the high defensivenes/toughness. meaning a couple on a port hold for ages
    In the future there will only be two workers, a human and a dog. The human's job will be feeding the dog. The dog's job will be making sure the human doesn't touch the computers.

Hellgate to the Netherworld Portal's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Nowadays it's the 1x INF 3x ART that's crazy.
    HUSSIE HUSSIE HUSSIE, OI OI OI!

You've won this round, Darkgamma.

Quoth Saint-Exupéry:

"hey its me. S-E. That means I lie, or if you choose if I tell you my source I will lost it forever, and much more."

Quote Originally Posted by The Cabl3 Guy View Post

Like Heavy armor, medium, light and maybe engineers?
    or Marines, Mountain and Para?

"Strangest" unit I've ever used was 1xMIL 4xAA...

I put 15 of them in a single provice that was having trouble with STR bombing. It stopped having trouble shortly thereafter, and I was able to split the AA's to some of my Russian-front INF divisions ;p
    Naval Changes: You need em, I got em. --Rather outdated, but I'm leaving it up ;p--
    An improvement to supplies, with (I surmise) a minimal invasion of code and processor power. --sadly locked due to thread necromancy rules, but I'm happy to re-start this discussion if you are--
    And Lastly...
    Nationalist China, with that "Fresh New Wiki" smell!

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Portal View Post
    Nowadays it's the 1x INF 3x ART that's crazy.
    I remember those threads as well. Now it seems to everyone that 3 inF 1 Art is inefficiently. I thought the 3 Art 1 inf wasn't strong enough to give the art time to work its majesty.
    East vs. West is cancelled. Will we ever get a cold war game?

Hellgate to the Netherworld Portal's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Get Superior Firepower and get 2x INF 3x ART divisions. Or shit, maybe 1x INF 4x ART.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by themousemaster View Post
    Oh my! Safest thing for the pilots must be landing in the adjacent province and simply carry the bombs to the target. As long as they're not above ground level they should be fine.

Worst unit I ever put together was a combination of the Danish cavalry regiment they start with and a German armored regiment I got through production licenses. Would probably also have sucked less if it had been used less for the mountains and hills of Norway and Sweden.
    No, I only LOOK dead. Thank you for asking.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The new world rising from the shambles of the Old
    Has anyone ever actually tried any of the exotic units from the wiki in the small nations guide?

Things like the hedgehog and artillery park. Anyone? Do they work?

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Sorry what is the small nations guide?
    East vs. West is cancelled. Will we ever get a cold war game?

Quote Originally Posted by themousemaster View Post

I put 15 of them in a single provice that was having trouble with STR bombing. It stopped having trouble shortly thereafter, and I was able to split the AA's to some of my Russian-front INF divisions ;p
    That is an interesting build.
    I tend to under use AA units as I always thought they have very little ground combat use.
    Also the LS could be better fit else where like Fighters.
    Do they have any ground combat use at all though?
    No longer participating in forum discussions due to conflict of interest with the Administration of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cabl3 Guy View Post
    That is an interesting build.
    I tend to under use AA units as I always thought they have very little ground combat use.
    Also the LS could be better fit else where like Fighters.
    Do they have any ground combat use at all though?
    They add some HA to the division. Not quite as awesome as the legends surrounding the 88, but it does have a ground combat effect against armored vehicles.

Because AA is cheaper in terms of IC than aircraft, any country that anticipates fighting an enemy with lots of planes, but who won't contest the skies (France, any of the Chinese states), gets some real mileage by putting AA in all INF or MIL divisions. It reduces damage from air attacks and hurts enemy planes. It won't win the war, but it will make fending off the Luftwaffe easier when they run ground attack.

I've never overstacked AA in a single division before. I might try that sometime.
    All Hail Him,

The Secret Master

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Master View Post
    I've never overstacked AA in a single division before. I might try that sometime.

Way more useful against the AI than a human, because you can all but be sure where the AI will bomb, and deploy accordingly.

Once the AI picks a strategic-bombing target, it doesn't leave until it obliterates it... or gets obliterated, more likely.

And you can "guide" enemy TAC bombers to wherever you want by simply initiating a single land combat... AI will dispatch it's TACs immediately, and then find itself without TACs shortly thereafter.

Against a human I'd use my HQ divisions for this instead (as I used to do before I realized I could do ^^^ that ;p). Less concentration, but at least I'd have 3 AA brigades nearby to jsut about ANY area.
    Naval Changes: You need em, I got em. --Rather outdated, but I'm leaving it up ;p--
    An improvement to supplies, with (I surmise) a minimal invasion of code and processor power. --sadly locked due to thread necromancy rules, but I'm happy to re-start this discussion if you are--
    And Lastly...
    Nationalist China, with that "Fresh New Wiki" smell!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast