Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Beta invite not received

Quote Originally Posted by BjornB View Post
    Sadly I must inform you that there will be no keys sent out today (and it may be a while before next batch). All that was guaranteed a spot should have received their keys by now.

And to iterate previous important information:
    To be guaranteed a spot you either signed for the alpha, was denied and received an email stating you would get into the beta or you referred three people. As explained earlier a lot of people assumed they were guaranteed a spot because they had 3 friends signing up with their URL. However, the friends also needed to verify their email addresses for the referral to count. Sadly, in many cases this was never done :/ If you did not receive the confirmation email that has been discussed at length at earlier times this is probably what happened to you.

It is possible that we won't be able to reply to everyone PM'ing, posting etc their email addresses asking why they never got the key as you are many and we are few. But we will do our best anyway!

Everyone that has signed up for the beta in any way, also you who tried to referr friends but it did not go through (for above reason for example), are saved in our lists and as soon as we can let more people in we will start sending emails to you who are on there.

Again, I am sorry for not being able to just let every interested player in right away. But we already had server issues due to the load (there are several thousands that has their keys now) and we must assure that the game and our forums can handle it or there will be no game for anyone and we would not be helped preparing the game for the actual launch.

Please remember this is still a closed beta test and not the launch and as such there will most likely be problems. There are some people who seems to not know the difference between the two, although the vast majority of you know what beta testing means

I hope this clarifies what is going on and what you can expect from us at the time. Feel free to ask any questions you may have!

Thank you all for your interest in the game, your feedback and your help. We are lucky to have such a devoted crowd and we will do our very best to deliver the best game possible to you in the end!

Best regards
    BjornB
    Quick question. if I get them to verify there account now can I still get in? and any news as to when new invites might be?

Still nothing, sent Bjorn a PM two days ago but no response

Well, I guess we'll just have to wait for the open beta. Which is bullshit btw.

Yeah it is. I don't understand what happened with the second email not being sent to either of us.

Quote Originally Posted by habeeb View Post
    Still nothing, sent Bjorn a PM two days ago but no response
    Same here. Is there anyone else we could PM that could possibly help with this situation? I'm sure everyone's busy with the upkeep up the game, but maybe someone else could, take a peek at their PM box and help? I'm just not sure who, and I don't wanna bug everyone.

Just staring at the "Ohoy" letter everyday fills me with sadness...

Yeah, been checking email every hour or so, and pm's. If there's anyone else we can contact I'd really like to know.

Community Manager Administrator BjornB's Avatar

Blog Entries
    Sorry guys, I'm receiving loads of PM's about beta keys. I will try to make time to go through them all but I have lots to do (not only with Salem, I need to pay attention to all the other Paradox Interactive games as well).

I can only apologize to you who feel you should be in the beta but isn't. I will do my best to help you all out, but I hope for your patience and understanding that I have lots to do and that I also need to get off work a few hours now and then

Best regards
    You can always check out my reborn twitter attempt: @BjornB_pdx - it kind of sucks though. But sometimes there is interesting/useful info there

I did register my three friends, but no beta key why?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mamflo View Post
    I did register my three friends, but no beta key why?
    Most likely all your friends did not verify their email addresses which was required. But you should be on the list for when we start sending out more keys.
    You can always check out my reborn twitter attempt: @BjornB_pdx - it kind of sucks though. But sometimes there is interesting/useful info there

I got my invite, thank you.

Second Lieutenant

Hi,

where`s the point in having me register with my friends,give me a beta key, but not my friends, which helped me to get it? I thought you would like to have group of players in this game? As you can see, this is my first post about this, because we all waited very patient for the time when people from the second row are getting keys, but as I can read on your twitter page today, there will be no more keys? I really would appreciate it, if those players, who helped me, are not left behind. As you can imagine, the game would be more fun for me too, if my friends could come along. Thanks and btw: Salem rocks!
    Last edited by ElCapitan1701; 02-05-2012 at 22:40.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ElCapitan1701 View Post
    Hi,

where`s the point in having me register with my friends,give me a beta key, but not my friends, which helped me to get it? I thought you would like to have group of players in this game? As you can see, this is my first post about this, because we all waited very patient for the time when people from the second row are getting keys, but as I can read on your twitter page today, there will be no more keys? I really would appreciate it, if those players, who helped me, are not left behind. As you can imagine, the game would be more fun for me too, if my friends could come along. Thanks and btw: Salem rocks!
    The plan for the beta changed a few times between alpha and beta and we did not have the possibility to launch it in the exact format which we initially intended. Hopefully the closed beta will lead to a more successful open beta and once that can open up your friends will be able to join you. I apologize if you feel the information regarding the invitation procedure was misleading.

Best regards

Second Lieutenant

Thx for the answer. Is there a time frame I could tell? ^^

Blog Entries
    None at this moment I'm afraid :/

I got the E-mail saying I signed up 3 friends, still haven't gotten the E-mail with beta key :/

If you really followed this game on every avenue....you would have seen where they said that they chose the first wave...more to follow later. I don't see the panic...you will get chosen. No lost emails, no conspiracy....

BjornB, if you can... try to speed up the next beta invites. I missed out because paradox newsletter mentioned nothing about the beta signup page, but I am now actively, and religiously, watching it multiple times a day... And I ask that you try to speed it up because I am dieing to play your game. (literally, I am part of the percentage of people afflicted with video game addiction, and for the past week I haven't found a game to play.. since, you know, the old ones arn't good, and the new ones aren't available to open public yet, such as salem. So... I have been suffering from withdrawal for the past few days, and I swear to god I feel like I could destroy an entire house while screaming at the top of my lunges while being set on fire... Due to the random anger, cravings, crazyness, edgyness, and your games making it worse man. Its like waving a cig in front of a guy who smoked for 40 years and then quit a week ago, and you go up and ask that person if you can have the cig, and he says: "Sorry, you can't have this cig until Q3, 2012"

Every day it gets worse, yesterday I spent the majority of the day checking my email, checking the beta signup page, 30 minutes banging my head on the desk screaming, another 30 laying there moaning, sometime around 3 am (due to insomnia caused by said game withdrawal) I punched a hole in the wall. around 5 am patched said hole, and then finally passed out some time later. I just woke up, 6:25 pm, thank god I finally got sleep as I couldn't sleep at all the night before that one... And here I find myself, again, watching the forums, emails, beta signup page...

Please, for the love of god, help me out here man. I literally -need- a beta invite. My body is craving it, and its driving me freaking insane!!! I don't even care if I have to pay for it, name your price, 10? 20? 30? anything to stop this freaking withdrawal.

Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by sefer View Post
    BjornB, if you can... try to speed up the next beta invites. I missed out because paradox newsletter mentioned nothing about the beta signup page, but I am now actively, and religiously, watching it multiple times a day... And I ask that you try to speed it up because I am dieing to play your game. (literally, I am part of the percentage of people afflicted with video game addiction, and for the past week I haven't found a game to play.. since, you know, the old ones arn't good, and the new ones aren't available to open public yet, such as salem. So... I have been suffering from withdrawal for the past few days, and I swear to god I feel like I could destroy an entire house while screaming at the top of my lunges while being set on fire... Due to the random anger, cravings, crazyness, edgyness, and your games making it worse man. Its like waving a cig in front of a guy who smoked for 40 years and then quit a week ago, and you go up and ask that person if you can have the cig, and he says: "Sorry, you can't have this cig until Q3, 2012"

Every day it gets worse, yesterday I spent the majority of the day checking my email, checking the beta signup page, 30 minutes banging my head on the desk screaming, another 30 laying there moaning, sometime around 3 am (due to insomnia caused by said game withdrawal) I punched a hole in the wall. around 5 am patched said hole, and then finally passed out some time later. I just woke up, 6:25 pm, thank god I finally got sleep as I couldn't sleep at all the night before that one... And here I find myself, again, watching the forums, emails, beta signup page...

Please, for the love of god, help me out here man. I literally -need- a beta invite. My body is craving it, and its driving me freaking insane!!! I don't even care if I have to pay for it, name your price, 10? 20? 30? anything to stop this freaking withdrawal.
    Sefer, this game is not for you. What you really need is to get drunk, high, or laid...most likely the latter of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by sefer View Post

I think it is in your best interest to get a ban and maybe buy a hooker.

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Dallane View Post
    I think it is in your best interest to get a ban and maybe buy a hooker.
    That`s an interesting suggestion. Especially from you.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast