• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

palmus

Colonel
86 Badges
May 7, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
I'm taking a break from my other games and I feel like playing V2 again.
What nation should I pick? I want to play a nation that I've never played before.

This is a list of the nations that I've played so far
- All european nations besides the balkan ones, france, switserland and UK
- Japan
- China
- Panjab
- USCA

Any tips? I find uncivs a bit too boring post-AHD. There is literally nothing to do during the civilizing process. Or am I missing something?

Uncivs were always boring until you civilized. Unless you enjoy watching your military score go up/down a point for 10 years (pre-ahd). Typically, I turn the speed up to 5 and

With Columbia you can create Gran-Columbia now. You could try releasing Canada/Ireland/Australia as UK and play as one of those countries.

Uncivs were always boring until you civilized. Unless you enjoy watching your military score go up/down a point for 10 years (pre-ahd). Typically, I turn the speed up to 5 and

With Columbia you can create Gran-Columbia now. You could try releasing Canada/Ireland/Australia as UK and play as one of those countries.

Creating an australian indonesian empire sounds very tempting.

Try some of the American nations. All of them are civilized they satisfy your demands :) And as they are democracies they'll be different from what you played so far.
Esp. Mexico is great to battle the USA.

Form India as Sikkim.
Create Poland within the first 30 years of the game.
Conquer the OE as Tripoli
Survive as Texas and conquer the USA/Mexico.
Play Mongolia and take back what was once yours. (I recommend increasing assmiliation, otherwise its boring)
Play Johore and become 1st.

If you've done all of these, come back and ask for more :D

Playing as one of the Boer countries (Oranje or Transvaal) can be fun; South America is also fun since most AI nations (other than France and the US) seem to ignore it and there's plenty of neighbors to beat up... err... make friends with,

Form India as Sikkim.
Create Poland within the first 30 years of the game.
Conquer the OE as Tripoli
Survive as Texas and conquer the USA/Mexico.
Play Mongolia and take back what was once yours. (I recommend increasing assmiliation, otherwise its boring)
Play Johore and become 1st.

If you've done all of these, come back and ask for more :D

these are challenge goals, I think he was looking for ... er, ... enjoyable goals :p

I can recommend trying to form Germany as Austria. As you are the German underdog compared to Prussia, this makes for some interesting wars and alliances to achive.
In my game i almost failed, but was saved by France suddenly declearing war on Prussia at the right moment.
But on the other hand after you form Germany you become the nr1 superpower in the world.

I had a lot of fun playing with Oranje. You're in a nice position to take over Transvaal, Zulu and Madagascar.

From there on you can do a lot of things. Conquer the Portuguese African parts? Go all out and try to take South Africa from the British?

I managed to turn an Oranje with 30.000 people into the 5th world power spanning most of Africa and parts of India :)

Releasing and playing Australia is alot of fun. Conquering Indonesia takes a while but is worth it. Unfortunately Australia's only culture is British so when you conquer Indonesia your population skyrockets with unaccepted cultures. I was at about 8% British in one game. I ended up changing my accepted cultures to make it easier.