• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
601082_321162144624765_100001929470612_708906_334643773_n.jpg

I haven't interfered with Africa(yet) except to completely free Morocco and Algeria from Spanish and French rule, respectively, and to redirect Portugal's colonisation to make the Pink Map. I plan to free Zanzibar, South Africa(who'll annex the eyesores of Zulu, Oranje, and Transvaal), Tripoli(who will actually get Tripoli!(but without a core :angry:)). I shall also give Djibouti to Ethiopia and return the Suez canal to Egypt.

last time I saw a europe like that it had nazi-occupied europe stamped on the front.

Here's Africa in my game. Playing 1861 scenario as Russia - pre-WWI so far. Egypt and Ottoman Empire are in my sphere so naturally I have the Suez canal :]

africa.png

I'm a bit suprised that Britain was way more sluggish about colonizing Africa compared to other places they've aquired.

In this build Brits just go crazy with craftsmen and subsidies, if they ever colonize, it's near their dominions. I like the Dutch success though, they are typically the abused stepchild of Europe.

Must have robbed Denmark in an early war?

So First Ive never seen Portagual attuly complete the pink map I didnt knowalt of people knew about that second i have never seen barviaian africa especialy with the player not playing as them I aplaud you gentlemen vert nice africa's I also wish the AI would try to get rid of the random enclaves on them like the Oman ones

What about Bavaria? How the hell did they get a sea acces and then colonized so much?

I didn't show it but Italy got completely pulverized in a series of wars (its now just Turin). I'll make a post on the AHD empires thread later for it - but basically Italy lost one of its southern states to Bavaria as it fought against Austria for Venice. My guess is that they utilized the ports to make a landing first on the west of Africa and then later after the Suez was built on the east coast as well.

delra said:
In this build Brits just go crazy with craftsmen and subsidies, if they ever colonize, it's near their dominions. I like the Dutch success though, they are typically the abused stepchild of Europe.

Yeah, I'm just suprised it never make a real effort to expand beyong its South African holdings. First game I've ever seen that. The Dutch and Portuguese impressed me with their land grabs - especially the Portuguese since they weren't a great power and Holland was, good game so far.

Selvetrica said:
So First Ive never seen Portagual attuly complete the pink map I didnt knowalt of people knew about that second i have never seen barviaian africa especialy with the player not playing as them I aplaud you gentlemen vert nice africa's I also wish the AI would try to get rid of the random enclaves on them like the Oman ones

Yeah its an impressive first game so far with AHD, I haven't even experianced a Great War yet so that should be interesting for Africa.

Last edited:
APD mod.
Notice monster Ehtiopia. Light Brown= Empire of Japan(me)
As the scramble of Africa started, I managed to send a 4k brigade with soldiers to take the shore of tanzania, and from there manged to colonize large parts of Africa.
nmnckl.jpg

Also:
k9cn6o.jpg

I'd say the belt south of the desert up to about the southern end of the great lakes (lake Malawi). If you want a better break down just check which provinces get rubber RGOs later in the game.

If I colonise i usually start with the coast around Sokoto (Lagos and Warri) and then try to get as much as possible of that belt. In Asia it's Borneo and rarely New Guinea, but there isn't much else to colonise anyways.

On my Italy save all the other GPs got distracted in a great war so all the colonisation was done by me! Also Prussia got anhialated and ended up with constant rebellions leading to exchanges in government between the communists and the jacobins for nearly 30 years...

Here is My Africa from my current Spanish Game:
v21rl.png

v22.png

Portugal and I did the same strategy got Machineguns about 1870 and went on a Spree. The British started a little later but fact that they have loads of troops helped them eat a lot of Africa.

France has been relatively quiet ......and has done nothing with Algeria.(They Helped NGF take Czech Republic from AH).

In other World News:
I have sphered all of Latin America except Columbia, which is in Russian Sphere, since I lost my GP Status in the 1840's.

Dutch Conquered Angola from Portugal.

And there was NO Congo Conference.

Here is My Africa from my current Spanish Game:
v21rl.png

v22.png

Portugal and I did the same strategy got Machineguns about 1870 and went on a Spree. The British started a little later but fact that they have loads of troops helped them eat a lot of Africa.

France has been relatively quiet ......and has done nothing with Algeria.(They Helped NGF take Czech Republic from AH).

In other World News:
I have sphered all of Latin America except Columbia, which is in Russian Sphere, since I lost my GP Status in the 1840's.

Dutch Conquered Angola from Portugal.

And there was NO Congo Conference.

Is this an MP game?

And why did you vassalize instead of annexing Sokoto?

It's every African's favorite colonial power... The Confederate States of America!!!!

v2_60.jpg

I'm sure this has been done many times before but since I didn't see one here, I thought I'd share. Also that off-white blob to the north is Austrian Africa. And yes, somehow Wurtemburg managed to claim the Congo Free State.

Ack, don't give me nightmares.