• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Realistic history simulator.

v2game 2012-04-23 21-58-16-19.jpg

v2_7.jpg

Still not quite fleshed out. This is like my 5th or 6th attempt at this, but this is the furthest I've made it before realizing demise. Spain and/or Great Britain are colonizing almost everything to my west. Spiked my literacy early by kinda b-lining towards Biologism for the Social Darwinism invention. Any other techs were almost all Culture tier for the prestige and plurality.

Fought a very difficult war vs Sokoto, they are actually kinda tough for a uncivilized african minor. I raced in like Galahad with 4 brigades of regular troops and superior technology and got crushed. Then had to play cat and mouse with my fastest general to get them to chase with their doom stack while I sieged other provinces and eventually they wore out and gave me what I wanted, and almost perfectly timed, about 2 months before I finished machine guns after saving up 10 months worth of research in 1869.

Not sure what to do now other than keep colonizing my measly 1 region at a time. Any advice about getting some liberals to overthrow my presidential dictatorship would be nice. I have some anarcho liberal rebels brewing, not sure exactly what type of government they would impose on me though. About to turn GP also :)

Last edited:
For liberals, try to get lucky with events (some of which convert significant chunks of your populantion to liberialism) and raise conciousness in order to encourage movements. Without revolution, the key to ending a presidential dictatorship is to move from only underground to harrasment- after a few months your nation will become a democracy.

Also, if the anarcho-liberals take over, you get a libertarian dictatorship- like a presidental dictatorship, but the anarcho-liberal party is incharge. I think they have only_party for the upper house though, which is a problem

v2_7.jpg

Still not quite fleshed out. This is like my 5th or 6th attempt at this, but this is the furthest I've made it before realizing demise. Spain and/or Great Britain are colonizing almost everything to my west. Spiked my literacy early by kinda b-lining towards Biologism for the Social Darwinism invention. Any other techs were almost all Culture tier for the prestige and plurality.

Fought a very difficult war vs Sokoto, they are actually kinda tough for a uncivilized african minor. I raced in like Galahad with 4 brigades of regular troops and superior technology and got crushed. Then had to play cat and mouse with my fastest general to get them to chase with their doom stack while I sieged other provinces and eventually they wore out and gave me what I wanted, and almost perfectly timed, about 2 months before I finished machine guns after saving up 10 months worth of research in 1869.

Not sure what to do now other than keep colonizing my measly 1 region at a time. Any advice about getting some liberals to overthrow my presidential dictatorship would be nice. I have some anarcho liberal rebels brewing, not sure exactly what type of government they would impose on me though. About to turn GP also :)

Probly one of my favorite so far

Probly one of my favorite so far

Thanks, it certainly wasn't easy, and if you like that, you'll love this :)

v2_11.jpg

a continuation of the last one. The UK wasn't very efficient keeping its 2% troops bonus for colonizing, and I made use of that, blockading off a region for myself, sphering Ethiopia, and keeping everyone away from Oman so I could get it all. Just barely got the other Arabs before they got civilized also.

Ottomans declared war to liberate Ethiopia, all my allies including USA and NGF declined (not including my spherlings)... I only have 1 state though, so despite mopping the floor with me, they only could acquire 5 warscore, and during the war Russia sends for an alliance and then promptly accepts a call and 2 months later its history. I'm allied with UK now as well, and still with only 1 NF. Also just barely hanging on to GP status as Japan rises... Hopefully I can pass Italy before then.

Last edited:
It's every African's favorite colonial power... The Confederate States of America!!!!

v2_60.jpg

I'm sure this has been done many times before but since I didn't see one here, I thought I'd share. Also that off-white blob to the north is Austrian Africa. And yes, somehow Wurtemburg managed to claim the Congo Free State.

Lets see to start I love the haiten africa has expanded whast your homeland liek doy uo still occupy just the island i suggest getting florida
next if there is confedrate africa thent he world trembles i guess they ahve a supply though
and i really love the mexican congo im just goig to take a guess that there was no mexican war with america cause in my games if it dosnt happen right away mexico becoem to powerful and becomes a GP and gets some of africa

It's meant to be different in every game, but I never saw Mexico down there, much less in blue. Is that a mod?

I just was a secondary as Egypt in that year. And I'd like to apologize to my friends and family for my shameful performance, but noone would want to sphere me and then they shamelessly colonized around me (blame game). :-\

Arabia by 1900 though. (I GP-ed on tech and industry as Egypt, lol)

601082_321162144624765_100001929470612_708906_334643773_n.jpg

I haven't interfered with Africa(yet) except to completely free Morocco and Algeria from Spanish and French rule, respectively, and to redirect Portugal's colonisation to make the Pink Map. I plan to free Zanzibar, South Africa(who'll annex the eyesores of Zulu, Oranje, and Transvaal), Tripoli(who will actually get Tripoli!(but without a core :angry:)). I shall also give Djibouti to Ethiopia and return the Suez canal to Egypt.