+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ruler Designer Problem - Empty Council

Angry Ruler Designer Problem - Empty Council

Apologies if this has already been posted...

The Leader DLC, which cost me £4, is irritating me. I start with an empty council and a number of disgruntled subjects at -20 relation for being fired from a council I haven't set up yet.

Is there a fix or workaround for this?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDiplomacyDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
    Crusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War

And if you change your religion you have to invite holy man to your court so that you can even appoint a court chaplain. Besides that if you select William of Normandy, Harold of England or Harald of Norway your army is reduced to half, so your custom character can't win the war. And because you can't keep your original dynasty you start with no allies and with many enemies, for example Rurikovich princes attacked against my custom made Russian prince on day 1.

Playing as your own character would be much nicer if you could keep council, armies and dynasty of the original ruler.
    "Reddite ergo quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo."

-Iesus Nazarenus

How long does the fired from council "debuff" actually last?

I've played around a bit with the Ruler Designer, but I haven't found any combination of stats that really outweigh the harsh disadvantages of not playing as one of the default rulers.

Most kingdoms have relatives of the original ruler as Dukes and whatnot, and they all have claims on your titles! Every "custom" game I've started has began with a huge civil war and tons of revocations. It would actually be easier if whenever you chose a custom ruler, you had nobody in your court and had to recruit from scratch.

It works pretty good for independent counts it can get rather strange if you do a custom character for a king however.
    There's an old Italian saying, don't burn your tongue on another man's soup.

Augustus of the North DreadLindwyrm's Avatar
    200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

I've had success with starting as the (custom) Duke of Munster (I think - the one at the bottom of Ireland), restoring the Eóganachta . Mind you, there aren't really any possible challengers unless I give one of the old dynasty land...

I'm now into my third generation, and Kings of all Ireland, but not without minor issues - strangely enough from random incipient counts elsewhere in Ireland.
    *This space deliberately left blank*

I usually use the Ruler Designer to create either a count or a small duke, I personally don't like to start out my custom character as a King.
    Off with yer head!

+ Reply to Thread