Hope you guys enjoy it, I'm out of this unfinished rushed released game.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i recognize the problems of the game,i could probably state some more,but still i prefer to have and play this game (that's why i bought it after playing the demo and realizing these problems)than wait for 6 more months (since Harpoon and Fleet commander,there's nothing simmilar out there).I respect ypur opinion (democracy!) but i believe there are many more who share my opinion.
Finally because i'm in the PC "area" for more than 20 years,EVERYTHING when it "comes out" has problems...from MS Windows,to games!Let's not demand everything from the first day!The "ball" now is in the devs "field",but as far as i see they're trying to "play"...that's encouraging!

The story itself is linear and non-sense. You can kill thousands of Kirovs, and they keep coming over and over again. The in-game is just totally disconnected from the storyline! You have to always micromanage everything. During those huge scenarios, even turning 3D off, the game eventually becomes unplayable, doesnt matter its a Dual Cored 2.66 with 8 Gigs.

Sorry but I'm out! The game was obviously rushed released! Not even a Mission Editor included! Not to say its all bugged and mostly untested.

You dev guys should have followed Warfaresims.com example and not rushed it out unfinished!
I'd tried but its just not worth it the way the game currently is.

I shall counter that with "I enjoy it".

Me three.

I finally found time to complete mission 9 as NATO and even if enemy subs got stuck in the shores, I had so much fun searching for them with the suonothingies while remaining hidden that I easily overlooked the bug.

Can not even imagine the fun when editor is released.

Me Four

Just because the game has issues doesn’t mean you should condemn it. I may not be a game dev but I am a first time modder for ARMA 2 and it’s not an easy task. Making models, scripts, such things for a conversion of a game is hard enough; I wouldn’t dare wish to know the hardship that one endures building a game from the ground up.

So please show some respect for the devs hard work and wait or if you wish not to wait then fine just go. But the rest of us here back the dev’s 100% and know that fixing the games issues let alone pleasing the wants of the gamers is no easy task. Look at it this way we wanted a Mission Editor and they are making it for us, that alone should show what they are willing to do for their fans time and resources permitted. I don't know about you but I loved the Editor in Fleet Command and I am going to love it just as much in Naval War.

Good for you. Now maybe you and all your 20 years of experience can run off crying & make a flawless game. Hope you enjoy it, I'm Out!
It's very good for me, I get to play a game I enjoy. Thanks for the encouragement kind fellow! :D

Personally I have been having a really good time with this game. It's not an image of perfection but it's giving me tremendous enjoyment and excitement, despite of the occasional hiccups. For a twenty eurobuck game that's not bad! And I'm not even a big fan of naval simulations...

I was looking for a game that realistically modelled modern naval warfare. Unfortunately this was not it. I have only myself to blame for the wasted money, should have tried out the demo before purchase.

Anyway, back to Jane's Fleet Command with the Naval Warfare Project mod. Maybe in the future Arctic Circle will have been modded and patched into something that can rival the 1999 Jane's title.

Please, only keep it to game discussions, not personal attacks. Thank you.

I imagine if this has been a $60 tier-1-title release, I could understand (and sympathize with) the OP's reaction.

But fer cryin' out loud - it's a $20 budget title on a niche market topic! What did you expect, Battlefield 3-levels of polish?

For what it is, and the price point it came out at (basically pocket change), the game is EASILY worth the purchase.

I've had issues but the game's low pricepoint, the dev's open ear for feedback and frequent updates puts my opinion clearly on their side. I'm happy and having tons of fun with a modern naval RTS sim.

It certainly lacks polish here and there but if they keep supporting it like this in the next few months, it's hard to blame a tiny team making a such a niche game. Maybe Paradox is the one to blame for pushing the game out the door maybe a month early (pure speculation from my part).

I imagine if this has been a $60 tier-1-title release, I could understand (and sympathize with) the OP's reaction.

But fer cryin' out loud - it's a $20 budget title on a niche market topic! What did you expect, Battlefield 3-levels of polish?

For what it is, and the price point it came out at (basically pocket change), the game is EASILY worth the purchase.

I'd buy a $60 version of NWAC. Of course I'd expect a lot more. :p

I'd also shell out $120 for an even nicher and more expansive NWAC....Hmm maybe I'm just desperate with the lack of modern naval game.

Last edited: