+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hope you guys enjoy it, I'm out of this unfinished rushed released game.

Hope you guys enjoy it, I'm out of this unfinished rushed released game.

The game was rushed out.
    Last edited by stormridersp; 24-04-2012 at 15:23.

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yeah lets all complain.

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIMagickaRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

There is a demo, and there was dev diary and devs communication on this forum. Next time, get some informations about a game before buying it and then crying in a useless post.

i recognize the problems of the game,i could probably state some more,but still i prefer to have and play this game (that's why i bought it after playing the demo and realizing these problems)than wait for 6 more months (since Harpoon and Fleet commander,there's nothing simmilar out there).I respect ypur opinion (democracy!) but i believe there are many more who share my opinion.
    Finally because i'm in the PC "area" for more than 20 years,EVERYTHING when it "comes out" has problems...from MS Windows,to games!Let's not demand everything from the first day!The "ball" now is in the devs "field",but as far as i see they're trying to "play"...that's encouraging!

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic Circle

Quote Originally Posted by stormridersp View Post
    The story itself is linear and non-sense. You can kill thousands of Kirovs, and they keep coming over and over again. The in-game is just totally disconnected from the storyline! You have to always micromanage everything. During those huge scenarios, even turning 3D off, the game eventually becomes unplayable, doesnt matter its a Dual Cored 2.66 with 8 Gigs.

Sorry but I'm out! The game was obviously rushed released! Not even a Mission Editor included! Not to say its all bugged and mostly untested.

You dev guys should have followed Warfaresims.com example and not rushed it out unfinished!
    I'd tried but its just not worth it the way the game currently is.
    I shall counter that with "I enjoy it".
    "The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves, I mean other people and by laugh, I mean invade."

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic Circle
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2War of the Roses

Quote Originally Posted by imperialman View Post
    I shall counter that with "I enjoy it".
    me too

Me three.

I finally found time to complete mission 9 as NATO and even if enemy subs got stuck in the shores, I had so much fun searching for them with the suonothingies while remaining hidden that I easily overlooked the bug.

Can not even imagine the fun when editor is released.

Me Four

Just because the game has issues doesn’t mean you should condemn it. I may not be a game dev but I am a first time modder for ARMA 2 and it’s not an easy task. Making models, scripts, such things for a conversion of a game is hard enough; I wouldn’t dare wish to know the hardship that one endures building a game from the ground up.

So please show some respect for the devs hard work and wait or if you wish not to wait then fine just go. But the rest of us here back the dev’s 100% and know that fixing the games issues let alone pleasing the wants of the gamers is no easy task. Look at it this way we wanted a Mission Editor and they are making it for us, that alone should show what they are willing to do for their fans time and resources permitted. I don't know about you but I loved the Editor in Fleet Command and I am going to love it just as much in Naval War.

Good for you. Now maybe you and all your 20 years of experience can run off crying & make a flawless game. Hope you enjoy it, I'm Out!

Achtung PanzerCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2

Well, you never even had the courtesy to register your game to say you brought it, seems a bit off, or am I being judgemental? (like you would know).

Hearts of Iron IIINaval War: Arctic Circle

Quote Originally Posted by edfathead View Post
    Good for you. Now maybe you and all your 20 years of experience can run off crying & make a flawless game. Hope you enjoy it, I'm Out!
    It's very good for me, I get to play a game I enjoy. Thanks for the encouragement kind fellow!
    "The best thing about the British is our ability to laugh at ourselves. By ourselves, I mean other people and by laugh, I mean invade."

Personally I have been having a really good time with this game. It's not an image of perfection but it's giving me tremendous enjoyment and excitement, despite of the occasional hiccups. For a twenty eurobuck game that's not bad! And I'm not even a big fan of naval simulations...

Achtung PanzerHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

I was looking for a game that realistically modelled modern naval warfare. Unfortunately this was not it. I have only myself to blame for the wasted money, should have tried out the demo before purchase.

Anyway, back to Jane's Fleet Command with the Naval Warfare Project mod. Maybe in the future Arctic Circle will have been modded and patched into something that can rival the 1999 Jane's title.

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KevUK View Post
    Well, you never even had the courtesy to register your game to say you brought it, seems a bit off, or am I being judgemental? (like you would know).
    You are.
    Earth Invasion : Los Angeles

The Alien Invasion is here. Los Angeles is lost, unless a few good Paradoxians (and a bunch of Marines) throw them back in the ocean. Rules. Data. Map.

academic outlaw Moderator safferli's Avatar
    DiplomacyV2 BetaHoi 2 BetaEU3 Collectors EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Please, only keep it to game discussions, not personal attacks. Thank you.
    When I speak in regal, manly grey I do so as a moderator.
    Never publicly comment or answer to a moderation post. Please write a PM (see Rule #2 of the Forum Rules).

--
    How to give a proper man-to-man hug

Ireland's Teardrop -- EU3 DW Munster/Ireland AAR. Follow the story of Munster, taking over the entire North American continent!
    Rule Helvetia! Helvetia Rule the Waves... -- Victoria 2 beta AAR. Watch Switzerland defeat the British Royal Navy... or die trying!
    What if the Pope had 200,000 men? -- A Papal States EU3 1.3 aar (abandoned/finished after owning 70% of the world)

Private
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasNaval War: Arctic CircleShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars

I imagine if this has been a $60 tier-1-title release, I could understand (and sympathize with) the OP's reaction.

But fer cryin' out loud - it's a $20 budget title on a niche market topic! What did you expect, Battlefield 3-levels of polish?

For what it is, and the price point it came out at (basically pocket change), the game is EASILY worth the purchase.

I've had issues but the game's low pricepoint, the dev's open ear for feedback and frequent updates puts my opinion clearly on their side. I'm happy and having tons of fun with a modern naval RTS sim.

It certainly lacks polish here and there but if they keep supporting it like this in the next few months, it's hard to blame a tiny team making a such a niche game. Maybe Paradox is the one to blame for pushing the game out the door maybe a month early (pure speculation from my part).

Quote Originally Posted by xanderf View Post
    I imagine if this has been a $60 tier-1-title release, I could understand (and sympathize with) the OP's reaction.

But fer cryin' out loud - it's a $20 budget title on a niche market topic! What did you expect, Battlefield 3-levels of polish?

For what it is, and the price point it came out at (basically pocket change), the game is EASILY worth the purchase.
    I'd buy a $60 version of NWAC. Of course I'd expect a lot more.

I'd also shell out $120 for an even nicher and more expansive NWAC....Hmm maybe I'm just desperate with the lack of modern naval game.
    Last edited by Mighty Heart; 24-04-2012 at 03:26.
    "A society that robs an individual of the product of his effort, or enslaves him, or attempts to limit the freedom of his mind, or compels him to act against his own rational judgment-a society that sets up a conflict between its edicts and the requirements of man's nature-is not, strictly speaking, a society, but a mob held together by institutionalized gang-rule. Such a society destroys all the values of human coexistence, has no possible justification and represents not a source of benefits, but the deadliest threat to man's survival" -Ayn Rand. Read about the nature of Singapore regime on 'exposingsingapore' blog

Private
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasNaval War: Arctic CircleShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Heart View Post
    I'd buy a $60 version of NWAC. Of course I'd expect a lot more.

I'd also shell out $120 for an even nicher and more expansive NWAC....Hmm maybe I'm just desperate with the lack of modern naval game.
    Well, me too, sure.

But, then, this isn't a $120 or even $60 game, so...judging it by those standards is a bit harsh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast