+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the new cb_type that lets kings declare war on independent dukes to claim land

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Question What's the new cb_type that lets kings declare war on independent dukes to claim land

No room for the question mark in the title.

Anyway I keep seeing (for example) France going to war with Brittany (independent) because it's a de jure duchy of the kingdom of France and taking away a province at a time. It doesn't take long for Brittany to disappear, and as this rule applies globally it tends to give awkward results.

Does anyone know how I can change this? I don't mind the king of France going to war with the duke of Brittany if he has a legitimate claim on a Breton county (or even the duchy itself through marriage) -- or perhaps if the duke of Brittany has been excommunicated and so on; I just don't think he should have carte blanche to wipe out Brittany because it's de jure part of France. This never happened historically and the French kings became dukes of Brittany through marriage.

I looked in cb_types.txt and noticed 'dejure_barony_claim' and 'dejure_county_claim' but I think they were both in 1.04 and just mean that people can claim baronies and counties. I assumed there'd be something like 'dejure_duchy_claim' but can't see it.

Can anyone help me with this?

(And I know the kingdom of Brittany is not de jure part of France but I don't want that and so I've changed it)
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

I'm confused. This doesn't happen by design as Brittany is not de jure part of France. You've changed Brittany to become de jure part of France and are now surprised and its unhistorical that France tries to use a de jure claim on Brittany? That doesn't make any sense to me.

Yes historically Brittany didn't simply get absorbed by France, but that's why its not listed as de jure French territory. By changing the parameters, you've changed the outcome.

Anyway its not a new CB its the same old CB as Ducal claims. In 1.04 a Duke could press de jure ducal claims but a King could not, now it is simply de jure claims and either the King or a Duke can press it.
    Grandson of Lodbrok's Merchant Republic - A Norse CK2 Republic AAR.

Virgin Resources - A British AAR (Original Vicky AAR idea, no longer developed)

You made Brittany de jure part of France, and you don't want France actually taking advantage of those de jure claims?

You can't have it both ways.

Committed Anti-P'doxian Sleight of Hand's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Yeah but my point is that I already had Brittany as a de jure part of France in 1.04 and I'm pretty sure that French kings couldn't invade it for that reason alone.
    For awesome CK II graphical stuff please click here and here.

I'm currently working on my own set of semi-historical scenarios for CK II. ETA: Q1 '15.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Sleight of Hand View Post
    Yeah but my point is that I already had Brittany as a de jure part of France in 1.04 and I'm pretty sure that French kings couldn't invade it for that reason alone.
    That's because in 1.04, kings didn't get the de jure CB, only dukes did.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I think this is a major reason why there is a de jure Kingdom of Brittany in 1.05.

+ Reply to Thread