Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st HOItcg open league tournament has started

Captain
    Darkest Hour

Won vs tvremote84 this night. didnt think my "fun-deck" turns out this competitive...
    Anyway thanks to you guys i found fun again.

Won against nachopontmercy.
    At one point he drew 8 factories and it was too late to restart...
    Bad luck...

Hearts of Iron: The Card Game

Thanks for the results, chaps!! Owing to to you the league is gradually getting some steam and i am sure we will see other hoitcg fans joining us. And dont be dishartened about about lost games - every loosing streak finishes at one point. I will try to disrupt mine in next games

Quote Originally Posted by Nimeis View Post
    I just won against Radiohead. He just had bad initial draw...
    I will give my next opponent a chance to restart, if such a situation occurs in the future.
    I hope it's not forbidden?
    No it isn't forbidden. As long as there is a gentlemens' agreement, this league accepts it.
    Last edited by Berkis; 26-04-2012 at 12:01.
    Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
    Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

A Quest for the Baltic lake*CKII AAR*

First Lieutenant

I won a match against Pieter .

Darkest Hour

Won my game against Reglop. We played a first exhausting probe vs probe game and ended in draw. We decided to rematch with the same decks and finally victory was mine, but not until he got wothout more cards to draw and play. Iīm happy to win but i also give thanks to reglop for the great fun we had.

Won after a long battle against reglop. Was a tough match

Won an epic battle against SilentKiller. Best game for a long time.

managed to win a game against SilentKiller

Private

results

Won a battle against Nimeis today
    was a nice match

First Lieutenant

I won a game against SAV_86.

i just won against pieterr

I just won against manuelpask. He retreated. Without a word.
    I don't know what happened, but it was a pity - I was eager to see him out of his cards
    (he played axis quick inf. probe).

Quote Originally Posted by Nimeis View Post
    I just won against manuelpask. He retreated. Without a word.
    I don't know what happened, but it was a pity - I was eager to see him out of his cards
    (he played axis quick inf. probe).
    nimeis yuo dont take 30, 40 seconds for every choice,originally this is a time game, sorry but in this way i cant play,its too boring

Quote Originally Posted by manuelpask View Post
    nimeis yuo dont take 30, 40 seconds for every choice,originally this is a time game, sorry but in this way i cant play,its too boring
    Just to clear things out.
    1) 30 seconds per turn is the game's maximum. I never made it above 20s in that play.
    2) I can always play faster if my opponent is in a hurry. But it's hard for me to guess if he is in a hurry, while beeing mute in the chat.

Well, the absence of time limits for a whole game, of course makes competitive play in this tourney different than in h2h mode. Players who prefer more dynamic playstyle, probably, might find that some games and especially reflection intervals between game moves are dragging on extensively or even conspicuously long. On the other hand, the league is open to every player regardless of skill and game experience, which may result in rather different reflection modes. Here are two general ground rules upon which we seem to agree

1.Players are expected to play in good faith, respecting time of other players.
    2.Forfeiting a game for whatever reason (technical, personal, game bugs etc.) counts as a loss.

IMO, what makes this game attractive is that one may and should end the game relatively quick. It isn't a grand strategy to sit and ponder for whole evenings, days and even nights. I somehow imagine that less and less folks can really afford to play grand strategies and that's why this game has such a devoted community. Dynamic game for dynamic ppl!
    Last edited by Berkis; 29-04-2012 at 16:32.

Darkest Hour

Btw, there are 2 players who have played just 1 match and 2 that havenīt played any. Should not we warn them by pm? The torunament has an open scheme, but we cannot be waiting for weeks just because some players have decided not to drop a single day by the game lobby.

Darkest Hour

I won my game against Meinkrieg. I would also like to dennounce the constant bad manners and disqualifications by this player all along the match. Berkis, shall I send u the screenshots? You can decide if itīs a normal behaviour or not.

First Lieutenant

Sure , just remind you that playing SB deck on casual tourney where everyone have casual mindset is bad sportmanship . Cant understand kids today ,they are so easy to be hurt by the truth ? Sensitive guys huh ? In my family , getting hurt by words is not an option . If it's the truth , accept it . If it's not , just ignore it .

I got report saying that nachopontmercy played this kind of deck on previous matches. If everyone gonna play this kind of deck then I think i will forfeit .Have fun , guys.

@nachopontmercy: post your screenshots here so everyone can see .
    Last edited by MeinKrieg; 29-04-2012 at 18:48.

Darkest Hour

Ok,letīs go with the truth if u are so fan of it:

1- This deck is free of deck limitations. When we were designed this tourney, we also talked about that possibility but it wasnīt applied. None of the players complained about it, nor did you. Itīs very curious you just got angry when you started to loose the match.

2- Yes, Iīve played this deck about 2 or 3 times, over a total of 4 different decks played in 11 matches, if iīm not wrong. I have also played against other strategic bombing decks. Nor did I complained, nor did the other players who played against me. Again, itīs just you.

3- Itīs funny how you give to yourself the power to decide what is good sportmanship and what is not, specially when u also played an strategic bombing deck. Id say itīs bad sportmanship not to say nothing until the game was begginig to get lost, or to ask reports about what decks the other players are using. I thought you did not need spies to win.

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4589/meink1.jpg

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5940/meink2.jpg

At random, I also have had a feeling that loss against SB provokes somehow more unfavourable sentiment than loosing to any other deck. The question is why.

Probably because by many players SB are considered the most uninventive decks, bringing a win only because SB is less efficiently integrated in overall HOItcg game structure. There have been many threads about that in this forum, no need to repeat.

On the other hand, it is intriguing that, for the most part, only SB provokes such a bitter after-taste. To me, loosing to the probe, blitz or maski with no AA guns or air defence whatsoever, isn't so much different, since a winner puts the full bet, that the opponent wount play SB. Whether one play this "Russian Roulette", which brings as quick a win, as a loss, or a more balanced deck, which never promises an easy win, of course is individual taste.

In this tourney we agreed that there are no limitations as for the types of decks being used. A drive to win by any of them, IMO, doesnt go against the principles of a good competition.

Hope that we will be able to finish this tourney in timely manner and hope to see you here till then, to be able to disscuss the modalities of the next one.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast