+ Reply to Thread

Thread: unsupported Resolution HELP

Question unsupported Resolution HELP

I bought Gettysburg Armored Warfare and I want to try it out my GFX drivers are up to date I tried resetting my PC I tried forcing the game to run compatibility at 800X600 I tried forcing it into windowed using both steam and a desktop shortcut and I tried changing the resolution in config and the game stays at the same default resolution that my monitor dose not support I need help ASAP

Hmmm, you can force the game to load default settings by editing the config.cfg and saying load default settings, then save the options once the game loads and then reset the config.cfg values. This is an awkward situation if the user saves/selects an invalid resolution and it ends up getting saved. I'm curious how other games handle that scenario. Hmmm..

- Dan
    Danny Green
    President & Lead Programmer
    Radioactive-Software, LLC. http://www.radioactive-software.com

I'ts not a resolution I changed the game to its the games default resolution that my monitor dose not support I also tried installing Gettysburg onto my laptop changing the reso on it to one compatible with my PC monitor but it still launched in default resolution. I had the same problem with red orchestra 2 but it was quickly fixed when I adjusted the resolution in the config file or forced steam to run the game windowed the problem here is that Gettysburg completely ignores both of those solutions and launches straight into default resolution

Actually upon further inspection the game dose change the resolution in config but the game still won't be forced into windowed if it helps in away I tried running vista and XP comparability think it my be a problem with 64-bit and I got Direct 3d9 errors

Hmmm, yea try navigating to the directory and then running the game in compatability mode. Even though I've tested it on all 3 OSs. I will add a special config option to allow you to force the resolution via config in the next patch.

Until then, please navigate to the game's directory and look in the log files directory, and sort by date modified ( or zip them up ) and mail them all to me dgreen@radioactive-software.com I'll personally see what is going on.

- Dan
    Danny Green
    President & Lead Programmer
    Radioactive-Software, LLC. http://www.radioactive-software.com

I will and Thank you very much Dan for taking time to help solve my problem it looks like you had a rough launch but what I've seen from the community who's sticking by this could become a gem

+ Reply to Thread