+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kingfisher module

Kingfisher module

Okay so I've got a dreadnought design with a Kingfisher module. I've designed and built a Patrol BR, and both DN and BRs show up in th ebattle rider manager. However I can't actually load the BRs. I can drag the BR names around, and there's two slots that show up on the DN, but if I try to drag and drop a BR to the slot, nothing happens. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Kingfisher is for scout class BR's

And that was the problem. Thanks!

Does it colour code the slot to make it clear it's for a scout? Because that would be really handy if it did. No sense it making it harder to figure out than it needs to be... :P

I certainly think it color codes the slot, yes.

...though I've never gotten a kingfisher module to actually launch the scout BRs I've mounted there...

It does color code the slot, yep. I didn't realize what was going on at the time because I couldn't actually build scout BRs, so I'd assumed that "scout" referred to generic BRs, not a specific type. Since then, I've built them and use them. They're kind of handy. They scoot out to the side and a little ahead of the fleet, expanding your sensor view.

Little known trick:
    You know in the fleet manager how there are 9 squads? You can break those off in the battle manger and place them in different locations around the system.

Having a Scout carrier or two in its own squad is immensely useful When you don't know where the enemy is coming from.

+ Reply to Thread