• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jorendo

Recruit
63 Badges
Feb 14, 2012
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Majesty 2
  • King Arthur II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
I bought the DLC 2 days ago and when ever i try to go online i get the message "connection to the server lost" with every server. I switched off my firewall to try it again but i keep getting this message. I was able to login once on a server but after that none at all. Whats going on? I got very fast internet, any other online game just works fine with no problems so what could be the problem here? I have updated my game to the latest version aswell.

I just tried, getting the same message with Warband when i try to connect to any server. Weird cause about 3 weeks ago i could just play the CRPG mod for warband online.

If it isn't what Nikolai said, i don't really have any other ideas. If Warband without mods doesn't work too, but it did a few weeks ago, it sounds more like something is wrong with your windows or firewall/router settings..? But if you were able to connect to a server once, it can't be totally messed up. Maybe your provider did some maintenance work and some IPs were not accessible for you?

I got it to work with more servers now, no idea why not before. But now i have another problem. The game crashes for a insane amount of times, mostly when the round is to end and im waiting to get in. It worked fine before if i got the servers running but now it keeps crashing, what is wrong here :S

Are you sure you have the latest version of M&B Warband AND Napoleonic Wars installed? If you're not on Steam, this might be the case...

And do you really crash out of the game or does it just sit there and does nothing? Especially on round beginning and end i sometimes get a giant lag of about half a minute to a whole minute, where everything seems kinda frozen, but if i wait it out and don't completely lose server connection, i can play just fine.

Are you sure you have the latest version of M&B Warband AND Napoleonic Wars installed? If you're not on Steam, this might be the case...

And do you really crash out of the game or does it just sit there and does nothing? Especially on round beginning and end i sometimes get a giant lag of about half a minute to a whole minute, where everything seems kinda frozen, but if i wait it out and don't completely lose server connection, i can play just fine.

Server problems are still not fixed. I got my game up to date but it just keeps saying it can't connect to the server. It says that with 90% of the servers :( The crashes seem to be be at the end of game if im spectator waiting for the round to end so i can join. It just crashes to desktop.

While posting there, you could check into what was mentioned in another thread here:

Fixed it.

I have 2 rgl.config.txt files. In both files there is a line called ''use_secure_connection = 1''
Set it to "use_secure_connection = 0" in both files and it's fixed. =)

They are in:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband

C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband

Apparently there are two places where you could get a bad security setting.