• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stealth17

Corporal
36 Badges
Apr 12, 2012
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Empire of Sin
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Hey all,

Just finished an intense Single Mission: Kevlavik. I chose the US side (Defend airfield/Carrier must survive).

I won it without any losses.

My kills:
34 aircraft
1 airbase
5 ships
1 submarine

It was really a bit too easy. The Russian fighters couldn't fire at my F35s because they didn't have range. My P8s kept hitting the CBG with Harpoons killing ship after ship (Took a couple runs).
I sent a couple of P8s from the airbase ashore to kill the Russian airbase. Didn't encouter a single fighter along the way. Nada!

Is the US side a bit overpowered? I love playing with their high tech gear but this may be a bit much.

Any opinions?

Cheers,
Stealth

From the Russian side it's quite another story: hard to detect stealth assaulters that outrange your own air sup planes, waves of missiles from the enemy P8s. So many enemy AWACs, I kept knocking them down, they kept putting them up in the air! All while dodging what those 2 subs throw at me.
It was fun.

Russian Tactics

From the Russian side it's quite another story: hard to detect stealth assaulters that outrange your own air sup planes, waves of missiles from the enemy P8s. So many enemy AWACs, I kept knocking them down, they kept putting them up in the air! All while dodging what those 2 subs throw at me.
It was fun.

I have had the same issue with the Russian side, too hard to beat US fleet. Have tried 5 times, what I realised is to use Tu-95's (Bear) for Groud attack and target the 2 Airbases first in order to dissable larger ASW US planes, which worked like a charm. The problem is the USS Navy carrier group, hard to detect, even with 2 Russian subs it is impossible to take the group down.....US side has a much easier task, played the same scenario with US and won in the first attempt!.....

I have had the same issue with the Russian side, too hard to beat US fleet. Have tried 5 times, what I realised is to use Tu-95's (Bear) for Groud attack and target the 2 Airbases first in order to dissable larger ASW US planes, which worked like a charm. The problem is the USS Navy carrier group, hard to detect, even with 2 Russian subs it is impossible to take the group down.....US side has a much easier task, played the same scenario with US and won in the first attempt!.....

BTW, I gave up on taking on the US carrier group. Took one airfield out in my back and played defensively while my ships sped to target. My air assets paid dearly but I made sure theirs felt the pain as well. I actually lost a lot of helos as my air assets had to rearm. It made for a pretty intense chase while I scrambled my helos around to protect them, tried to dodge the sub from reaching torpedo range and a slow countdown for my air sup fighters to finally take off and clear the sky.