• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Winchester

Second Lieutenant
21 Badges
Feb 24, 2007
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • East India Company Collection
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
I like the new mechanism for joining a religious war, and I like attached armies, but when you have more than one war running I don't think things are working as they should
  • I have two wars: one with a religious enemy, one with a rebellious vassal. Friendly neighbours join my religious war and attach their armies to mine. But I am dealing with the rebellious vassal first.
    Why can I not detach my allies' armies rather than have them hang around for a couple of years while I battle and besiege some wayward castles?
  • I am engaged in a religious war and my friendly neighbours join and attach their armies to mine. Now a second religious enemy declares war on me. Why are my friendly neighbours willing to fight one religious enemy and not the other?
    Why does there not appear to be even the option of asking them to join the other war as well?
    I have to hover over my army stack, work out who has contributed each army and their numbers, remember who is fighting whom and then calculate how many of this stack would actually be willing to engage the religious enemy in the next province.
    Hover over the enemy stack: Oh, both religious enemies are in the next province. This could be interesting....
  • I just have one war this time but my enemy has two. He has allies for the other war and they have attached their armies to his.
    It appears my enemy is just as clueless as I have been. He sees his massive army stack and thinks 'Attack'. Unfortunately, none of his allies will fight me so he engages battle with just a few hundred levies and gets slaughtered. A couple of months later he will raise more levies, perhaps only 20 of them this time, and whereas he used to do this before 1.05 they did at least tend to stay in their own provinces and run away if they saw me coming. Now what happens is the allied army stack will see the levies and move to join them, levies in other provinces will move to join this massive army and then they will go and attack me again.
    Oh slaughter :eek:
Sorry if this has been discussed before; with so many new threads I have found it difficult to search.