• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLoneTerran

Private
83 Badges
Jan 1, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
You all were so dang helpful last week with a multiplayer question so I hope you don't mind me asking another question.

I'm afraid that I don't understand how the supply and organization of military units works. I did the tutorials and they said WHAT they were but not much else.

As I'm getting armies formed and tech researched, I see that most of my armies have between 0-5% supply. I can understand deep in enemy territory why that may be but they're sitting in Core territory, not moving, not at war, on a railroad and it either decreases or stays the same. Even moving my troops to my heavily populated areas with lots of factories and even better rail systems don't get an increase.

I wondered if it was because I wasn't producing enough ammo/light arms/canned food, etc., but I checked my trade tab and all those items are listed as not in high demand and my stockpile is higher than my demand. What can I do to get my supply up so my units aren't throwing rocks in battle? Also, I find it very odd that my navy sitting in ports on the East Coast receive 0-10% supply they need for the day. They're in a port!

I have no clue how to make organization better except thru the 4th and 5th column in the Army research tab and as the USA, those take an extra long time to research. I had hoped that after battles, resting in areas with enough supply to not cause attrition and not move anywhere for a while that it would go up but it just sits there. In fact 2 of my armies gained only 1% organization over the course of 2 years! And they had generals with a bonus to organization! What can I do to fix this?

I should mention that in the two games I noticed this the most, one was in the late 1860s and my current one is maybe 3 years after the start of the game.

Thanks ahead of time for any assistance!

You need to set your national stockpile slider on your budget screen to 100% to fully supply troops. If its set at 50% your troops will only get 50% of supplies.

If you go into Trade, you can manually set 'Clippers' and 'Artillery' to zero. They tend to cost the most to the national stockpile, and do the least.

Just don't take your navy out anywhere!

The prices tend to stabilize eventually and you can begin trading in them again.

Don't be afraid to go into debt if you have to fight a must win war. I always hike up the tariffs and poor taxes if I need to pay for a war. Just remember to lower them again once the wars over.

Good ideas. Guess it doesn't really matter if they cant build a railroad in a state for a while if I lose the war. Does it take long if I hike the taxes for the poor strata to go into revolt? I followed your example when during the Mexican-American war so I could pay for my troops and when I got jumped by GB, France, Prussia, and Russia during the middle of the fight, I had to face the threat of not being able to pay/support troops or massive poor revolts from home. =(

Good ideas. Guess it doesn't really matter if they cant build a railroad in a state for a while if I lose the war. Does it take long if I hike the taxes for the poor strata to go into revolt? I followed your example when during the Mexican-American war so I could pay for my troops and when I got jumped by GB, France, Prussia, and Russia during the middle of the fight, I had to face the threat of not being able to pay/support troops or massive poor revolts from home. =(

What? You were playing as the USA and that happened? What year did you attack Mexico in? If your playing as the USA the first thing you should do is influence Mexico. Not because you want to befriend them but because you want to keep other GP from doing it. If a GP if a friend of another nation they are able to enter a defensive war with them. This has happened to me before when I played the USA and the UK jumped on board but I've never seen France, Prussia and Russia join in.

I've been at war for several years with increased taxes and I've never seen the poor revolt because of it.

That is horrible luck that they all went to war against you.

Are you using the manifest destiny decision when going to war with Mexico?

Yeah, I hit manifest destiny, got relations w/ GB up too 200, france/russia/prussia were at 100 or so, Prussia was a little higher. I went to war in the late 40s I believe, I was working hard on raising how many troops I could field at once.

You have to kill their influence with your target, not just get high relations with them. Having high relation with the UK will tend to stop them getting CBs on you directly, but if you attack a nation the UK are friendly with, they can join in.

Maybe you added too many war goals and got over the BB limit? In this case all the great powers could join the war like you described it. If this is the case, watch your infamy - it should never be higher than 25. If it is, all great powers get a free "cut to size" CB.

Maybe you added too many war goals and got over the BB limit? In this case all the great powers could join the war like you described it. If this is the case, watch your infamy - it should never be higher than 25. If it is, all great powers get a free "cut to size" CB.
he used manifest destiny he can claim of historical U.S. territory free of badboy but I can't see any other reason for all those nations to attack at the same time.

I wondered if it was because I added the wargoals for ALL my territory I would gain from Manifest Destiny every time I could , I think its once a week game time.
I don't think so I've done that before with no problems. So you just added cores that Manifest Destiny gave you? Such as Texas, Colorado, California, etc.

Yeah. Thats all I did. Just added the cores. I know that the Great Powers don't want anyone else really growing in power but it sucks the fun from the game when I can't do ANYTHING without getting slammed from 1/2 or more of the Great Powers.

Yes I did. Since my initial wargoal was acquire core, when I would expand upon that, it only offered the states that contained those cores like Nevada-Utah, California, etc. And I double checked to make sure I wasn't gaining infamy by adding those goals.

Yeah true but its very easy. Just fight defensively, wipe them out and occupy. Was thinking, do people conquer Japan or China? Carve states outta Russia? Maybe Sweden or Spain? Curious to see what countries people attempt.