• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rlipoff

Recruit
2 Badges
Apr 18, 2012
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • 500k Club
When my air superiority aircraft run out of AMRAAMs and I want them to use Sidewinders against an enemy, they obviously have to close to a much closer distance, but many times they will start to close in, then go in a different direction for no reason. The red line shows they're still "attacking," but I have to keep giving an attack order for them to eventually get there and fire a missile. I notice the same happens with guns, only even more frequently.

Also, despite the recent patch adding refueling capacity, when I want an aircraft to refuel at a KC-767, I will often get the message "not enough fuel to refuel" xxx aircraft, even if the 767 hasn't refueled anybody yet, and just took off.

Upvote 0
Speaking of refueling, I noticed something the other day. I had two F-35's, one of which was conducting a short-range attack mission and the other was doing normal range air superiority. When the normal range fighter hit bingo fuel, it was quite far from base, but I wanted it to kill this annoying Tu-95 and ordered it to do so. Then I told it to rendezvous with my tanker only to find that it didn't have enough to refuel. When my short-range F-35 hit bingo fuel though it went right up to the tanker and refueled, despite not needing any assistance in getting back to base. I don't know if it's that the short range plane had smaller fuel tanks, or that by being closer to the base it simply needed less fuel so the tanker allowed it to refuel. But in any case the KC-767 clearly had fuel remaining, and it would've been nice if it could've used what it had left to do a partial refuel of my normal range F-35 to ensure that it could make it back to base.

I increased their range under the loadout for refuelling instead of increasing the overall fuel and they refuel the right amount of aircraft. <IncreasesCruiseRangePercent>0</IncreasesCruiseRangePercent> to <IncreasesCruiseRangePercent>300</IncreasesCruiseRangePercent> between 200-300 should be good. Refuels a good amount of planes but if fuel is really low pm the AC to be fueled it may still say not enough the odd time due to the full load the jet wants, not a half load like it needs right when it hits 100%

under kc767 refueling loadout in fixedwingaircraft.nwunits