• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your army tech is the same is it not? They might have Army Professionalism but I can't remember. You don't have any artillery at the beginning but I don't believe it would matter much since its not that powerful early game. It's worth a try to attempt I'm sure you could do it.

As I played more I found it easier to get around alliances. They always seem to ally with someone weak. I wanted my land from France to form Germany but they were allied with Russia and Austria. France was also allied with sardinia-piedmont. So I declared war on sardinia-piedmont and France joined. That why just a war with France and sardinia-piedmont instead of France, Austria, Russia, and a dozen lesser powers.

Army Professionalism is pretty important, since it's a tactics boost, meaning they lose only 2/3 the soldiers I do in battle, all else being equal...

As I played more I found it easier to get around alliances. They always seem to ally with someone weak. I wanted my land from France to form Germany but they were allied with Russia and Austria. France was also allied with sardinia-piedmont. So I declared war on sardinia-piedmont and France joined. That why just a war with France and sardinia-piedmont instead of France, Austria, Russia, and a dozen lesser powers.

I've never thought of doing this! good suggestion.

Though if you add another wargoal, isn't there a chance their allies will join in?

I just checked and they do have Army Professionalism. Their army is larger as well. I started a game as Austria and declared war on Prussia just to see how it go. I didn't see it through mind you but if you go that route with them you have to keep their armies separated. I'd let them invade you always better for them to take attrition losses than you. You'll be able to beat their armies as they come out you piece me but not if you allow them to concentrate. Encircle them and destroy them. They might have better tech but your smarted than the A.I. just use that against them they will always try to take provs rather than attack your armies.

One advantage is that Prussia's manpower is limited in the beginning so they won't be able to replenish their losses quickly. Try it out you have nothing to lose start a new game and declare war if you don't like how it goes scrap the idea.

I just checked and they do have Army Professionalism. Their army is larger as well. I started a game as Austria and declared war on Prussia just to see how it go. I didn't see it through mind you but if you go that route with them you have to keep their armies separated. I'd let them invade you always better for them to take attrition losses than you. You'll be able to beat their armies as they come out you piece me but not if you allow them to concentrate. Encircle them and destroy them. They might have better tech but your smarted than the A.I. just use that against them they will always try to take provs rather than attack your armies.

One advantage is that Prussia's manpower is limited in the beginning so they won't be able to replenish their losses quickly. Try it out you have nothing to lose start a new game and declare war if you don't like how it goes scrap the idea.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot as soon as I find free time...

Well, good luck doing that with Vicky 2's mechanics. :p

You can. It just takes some patience (a decade or so) and a ton of diplomatic points.

Basically, you buy up relations with all other relevant GPs well past 100. (If Prussia, you want to buy up relations with Austria, Russia, Ottomans if GP, and the UK). Then you wait until France/Austria does something stupid. They lose their allies, and you pounce.

You can also DOW their spherelings as someone else pointed out. But be careful. If other GPs have friendly status, they may join, too.