+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Zooming out?

Zooming out?

Is it possible to zoom out on the map?
    The game only allows you to use 1024x768, and if I use the unofficial patch to allow higher resolutions, I have to edit hundreds of graphics files so it doesn't appear bugged. The default map view is horrendous and I cannot see anything, is it possible to zoom out?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Only with the + and - buttons in good old Arma.
    Yugoslavia was the perfect example of how people of different nationalities and religions are able to live together and prosper without capitalism...

Quote Originally Posted by Conanteacher View Post
    Only with the + and - buttons in good old Arma.
    Thanks, I like Hoi 2 and Arma a lot better than HoI 3, just the different controls will take getting used to I guess.

War is over! if you want it Titan79's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by TrueCoppa View Post
    ...I like Hoi 2 and Arma a lot better than HoI 3...
    Have you ever tried Arsenal of Democracy? Apart from multi-resolution support, and the possibility to zoom with the mouse wheel, it is a huge improvement over HoI2.
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Quote Originally Posted by Titan79 View Post
    Have you ever tried Arsenal of Democracy? Apart from multi-resolution support, and the possibility to zoom with the mouse wheel, it is a huge improvement over HoI2.
    I read that AoD has 4 new scenarios. Could someone fill me in on what those are?

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Engage8 View Post
    I read that AoD has 4 new scenarios. Could someone fill me in on what those are?
    They are the Kashmir war (1947), the first Arab-Israeli war (1948), the Korean war (1950) and the Suez crisis (1956).

Anyway, the greatest thing about AoD is that it completely rehauls many game aspects such as combat, supply system, sliders (there's an auto-slider feature which will make you ask yourself how could you have ever played HoI2 without it) and many, many more.

You can read about that in the development diaries.
    “Every truth passes through three stages before it is recognized: in the first it is ridiculed, in the second it is opposed, in the third it is regarded as self-evident” (Arthur Schopenhauer)

Thanks. I appreciate the link too.

Quote Originally Posted by Engage8 View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate the link too.
    You're welcome. Should you go for AoD eventually, don't forget to take a look at the link in my sig, too

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Iron CrossEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I suggest you add Iron Cross to Arma 1.3
    Yugoslavia was the perfect example of how people of different nationalities and religions are able to live together and prosper without capitalism...

I would personally recommend Darkest hour for anyone who likes HoI2 but wants a fresher experience. The new map is gorgeous and so are gameplay/engine improvements.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...download-links!

+ Reply to Thread