• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mendozacheers

Corporal
132 Badges
Sep 2, 2011
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Vikings
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Sengoku
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Majesty 2
  • Magicka
  • Lead and Gold
  • King Arthur II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Dungeonland
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Magicka 2
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • March of the Eagles
Just noticed that Warlock is now on pre-order at GamersGate, and I am wondering if the beta version I got on my Steam account will vanish as soon as the game gets released. I want to know so I can pre-order the game from GG if that's the case =)

EDIT: I also noticed the day one DLC on GG, interesting news! =)

I would like to know the same please =)

If you mean the IGN Prime beta, then no it will just turn off. This has happened to me before on other Steam betas that I played using a key from IGN. The Paradox beta, I have no clue. I pre-ordered at Gamersgate and it gave me the DLC for free.

Just noticed that Warlock is now on pre-order at GamersGate, and I am wondering if the beta version I got on my Steam account will vanish as soon as the game gets released. I want to know so I can pre-order the game from GG if that's the case =)

EDIT: I also noticed the day one DLC on GG, interesting news! =)

Hello Mendozacheerz!

If you have been part of the early beta(not the IGN beta) your beta key will automatically turn in to the release version. It is our way of saying thanks to all of you that have been helping us to improve the game. =)

Happy gaming!

-aesk

Thank you for explaining that aesk.
But i need further clarification on the topic please.

I have the IGN Beta installed on steam now.
If i preorder the Gamers Gate Version, can i register it to Steam without a problem caused because the beta is installed? (I suppose it comes with a steam key?)
Similary, if there will be a preorder on steam, can i do the same with the steam preorder without an issue?

I just dont want to run into an issue because the IGN beta is installed, but i deffinatly plan to preorder this game. (like all paradox games ;) )

I hope you can answer that, thank you =)

EDIT:
Another thing, will there be a forum icon as well?

Thanks for replying! Letting people keep their beta is extremely generous, it's a gesture that implies trust for the testers. Thanks, now I know - I don't need to pre-order it, not for myself anyway =)

^Alexspeed has some good questions that I am also interested in.

Thank you for explaining that aesk.
But i need further clarification on the topic please.

I have the IGN Beta installed on steam now.
If i preorder the Gamers Gate Version, can i register it to Steam without a problem caused because the beta is installed? (I suppose it comes with a steam key?)
Similary, if there will be a preorder on steam, can i do the same with the steam preorder without an issue?

I just dont want to run into an issue because the IGN beta is installed, but i deffinatly plan to preorder this game. (like all paradox games ;) )

I hope you can answer that, thank you =)

EDIT:
Another thing, will there be a forum icon as well?

You should be able to pre-order the game even if you are in the beta. Let us know if you would experience any problems with this.

There should be a forum icon eventually, yes :)

You should be able to pre-order the game even if you are in the beta. Let us know if you would experience any problems with this.

Yes, as BjornB says you should be able to pre-order the game even if you are in the beta. We do however recommend you to uninstall the beta version before installing the preorder.

Yes, as BjornB says you should be able to pre-order the game even if you are in the beta. We do however recommend you to uninstall the beta version before installing the preorder.

Thank you for the responses, I will let you know if i run into any issues (hopefully not).

I am looking forward to playing the full game, it has heaps of potential to be really great!
It could use a bit more marketing tough, it seems to be a bit off the radar of many players.

A new shiny icon for my collection, awesome, thank you =)

My issue with this is not gamersgate but steam itself, i would like to pre-order through steam, but as I have the IGN beta through steam, steam says I already own the game. I'm assuming it will go away on release and I will be able to purchase it then, but at that point I will not be able to get the DLC pre-order bonus.

Is there a way around this? (Uninstalling the beta does not fix this as it remains in your steam library, just without local content)

Steam and Paradox betas have never mixed well in my experience. Chances are if you have a beta or review copy of the game you wont be able to play at all until several days after release, that's been the case for the last few games I've bought from them at release. Steam blocks the beta/review copy, but wont let you buy or apply a code for a full copy.

I have the ign beta, and my beta is still working. I thought it was supposed to shut off on may 3rd? Not that I'm complaining, but seems like it might hurt their sales if that many people get it free.

My issue with this is not gamersgate but steam itself, i would like to pre-order through steam, but as I have the IGN beta through steam, steam says I already own the game. I'm assuming it will go away on release and I will be able to purchase it then, but at that point I will not be able to get the DLC pre-order bonus.

Is there a way around this? (Uninstalling the beta does not fix this as it remains in your steam library, just without local content)

You can purchase it for yourself. I have no problem adding the game to the Steam cart and Steam says I already own it. I expect the IGN beta to go away on the 8th unless IGN screwed up and gave out retail keys. Either way I am sure it will be fixed in short order.

You can purchase it for yourself. I have no problem adding the game to the Steam cart and Steam says I already own it. I expect the IGN beta to go away on the 8th unless IGN screwed up and gave out retail keys. Either way I am sure it will be fixed in short order.

I bought it today to get the pre-order perk, even though I'm a little ticked off that I can't select victory conditions. It told me I already own the game, which could very well mean the thousands of people who had the ign prime beta got it for free.

Someone said that if you delete all local content for the demo through steam it should remove the demo from your list and allow you to pre-order. I have not yet been able to test this myself though. If it works it would ofc render you unable to play the demo. But since its only a few days to release it might be worth a try? I guess there is the odd chance you will be without both demo and pre-order, but lets hope not.

I shall have to investigate these issues with demos and pre-orders to see how the process can be improved in the future.