• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jfprieur

Private
51 Badges
Aug 10, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Magicka
  • Cities in Motion
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Already mentionned it in the save game thread, since todays patch when I alt-tab out of the game after pausing it using escape, when I come back to the game, the cursor is know stuck draging the map around. Can't even select units. Tried tabing to 3d view and back, same thing. Let me know if you need anything else, this is on Win7 64 bit with an AMD 7970

Upvote 0
Ok, someone in another thread duplicated the issue and found a fix: hold both alt keys when you alt-tab back in and it fixes the cursor. This does not work from the esc menu so there is no effective way to pause the game now (this may be by design) This is new behaviour since the last patch, however

Success rate at what? Game actually pausing? Getting the cursor to work again? Getting back in, period? :)

What I have been doing, because it seems like sometimes it unpauses when I alt-tab, is going into options after esc. Even before this patch.

Often I'll alt-tab too because I want to hit wikipedia for info on a unit, though :) I don't always pause in those cases if I "think it's safe".

Well, I'm glad to know this is a reported issue. I hope it is fixed soon. Is there any way to turn off steam patches? The internet was out earlier today due to thunderstorms and I was unable to launch the game. I thought that the internet was not required to launch the game but it seems it is.

If I alt tab while the game is still running, I can come back to it no problem by holding down both alt's and tabbing back into the game

If I esc menu to pause before alt-tabbing, that is when it is variable as to the cursor being stuck or not

There's also problem Alt-Entering the game.

One the window / resolution doesn't come back even if you restore fullscreen. Second planes selection is messed up. You cannot deselet planes and clicking one may select a few other. Think it may have to do with resolution.

For the Alt tab problem and map being sticky pressing Alt once would solve the map stickiness.