• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(475367)

Sergeant
Apr 12, 2012
Hi, I saw that you are doing a good job reporting when the next patches/builds will be released and what fixes they contain.

I imagine the priority for you right now is to fix bugs/database errors etc(this makes perfect sense with the game being so fresh).

Would be nice thought if you could also give the community a time-frame for some bigger game play changes(fixes) in the future(like improving the realism of some units, engine updates etc).

For me there are some issues I would like to see in the game and I would be interested if you have an idea when or if this might be addressed:

1) Change the behavior of planes acceleration/climb times and if possible make more realistic fight behavior: like loosing speed when turning, model air density/speed/altitude correlation.

2) Fix animation when a plane is increasing or dropping in altitude (right now the move animation seems to be stooping in mid air and the plane appears to hover like a chopper).

3) Model missile behavior more accurate(like missile energy during turn and speed/altitude changes).

3.1) IR missile should be lethal and almost impossible to escape(al close ranges), right now there are not effective. Last generation of IR missiles have thrust-vectoring high off-boresight acquisition and launch envelopes and are highly resistant to counter measures.

4) Any chance of more realistic damage on models(other than the fire and smoke animation) ?

I know there are no trivial tasks and I don't expect them to be implemented next week :) but it would be nice to have an idea about when or if we could expect stuff like this in the near future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi claudiucojo,

That's a fair request. We do have urgent things we are addressing right now, which are bugs that prevent a few people to enjoy the game. It is difficult to know when these will be resolved. Then we are working on the mission editor. At some time (which I unfortunately can't pinpoint) we'll sit down and prioritize the improvements we are going to implement, and tell you guys what this list looks like.

Thanks for the feedback!

Fair enough, first prio should be game stoppers, would be nice at some point if you will make a list with all the possible improvements public so we can maybe help with suggestions.

Thanks for the feedback and good luck with the development process.

Maybe i can join the group who thanks you this game, from time of Jane's Fleet Cmmand there wasn't a good naval strategy.
BUT i really miss a couple of things; first of all an encyclopedia -like the Jane's game - reachable from inside of the running missions, or from the menu; the second thing is secondary, mainly graphical - missing some animations like the t/o from the airfields,a/c carriers etc.