• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Seigman

Turbo Tape Games Dev
7 Badges
Jan 21, 2011
andreasjohansen.com
  • Cities in Motion
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • 500k Club
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
New build has been submitted to Steam and should be available later today.

Your Steam client will automatically download the update when it's live.

1.0.4.3 (04-20-2012)

Sound:
- Added: New background sounds for dialog scenes in campaigns.

Gameplay:
- Updated: Land installations already known to opponent sets active radar automatically at start of game.
- Fixed: Rare crash related to group movement.
- Fixed: Bug in visual and IR sensor logic that reduced range.
- Fixed: Aircraft not moving forward when changing elevation.
- Fixed: Unable to redesign detection as Undetermined after it has been marked as Foe due to mission settings.

Database:
- Added: 'Battle of Jutland 2030' multiplayer and skirmish scenario.
- Added: TLAM weaponload for Astute submarine.
- Updated: Moved location of subs in '01S06: Peekaboo in the Fjords'.
- Updated: 'C01S03: Show of Force' made easier. Carrier group moved north, added extra P8's on Easy.
- Updated: Increased limitation on IR range.
- Updated: Increased range and resolution on Visual (binoculars added!)
- Updated: Taurus KEPD-350 name updated, model changed, range tweaked.
- Updated: Increased refueling tanks on F-35C and F/A-18 Super Hornet.
- Updated: Increased fuel on KC767 and Midas tanker planes.
- Fixed: Victory condition description in 'C02S10: Rear Guard'.
- Fixed: Helicopters can no longer be refueled in-air.
- Fixed: JAS-39 Gripen "Strike (Maverick)" loadout had wrong weapon.

Input:
- Added: Keybinding for toggling what view is maximized (map or 3D). Default key is 'Tab'
- Added: Framework for customizable input bindings. No GUI yet, but can be changed in NWACPrefs.ini
- Updated: Increased time mouse button has to be pressed before it's considered to be a drag command in the satellite map.

Misc:
- Fixed: Memory leak caused by terrain loading.

~Andreas

Awesome work guys, keep it up!!! Never in the history of naval games, has so much been done so quickly by so few!! :D

Gameplay:
- Updated: Land installations already known to opponent sets active radar automatically at start of game.
I have never got any of my suggestions added to a commercial game before, so thanks. :)

Input:
- Added: Keybinding for toggling what view is maximized (map or 3D). Default key is 'Tab'
- Added: Framework for customizable input bindings. No GUI yet, but can be changed in NWACPrefs.ini
- Updated: Increased time mouse button has to be pressed before it's considered to be a drag command in the satellite map.
All three of these are awesome!

Misc:
- Fixed: Memory leak caused by terrain loading.
How much impact will this have on memory usage? Only wish there was something about the CPU.

Great changelog and keep em coming.

Superb!

Why was helicopter in-flight refueling removed? I'm not objecting, necessarily, but curious. Of course some helicopters refuel in-air, but perhaps not with the tankers represented in the game (too fast?).

Bug detector: I had a ASW helicopter selected, laying sonobouys. Then I switched to my Growler and hit the P key, and tried clicking on the GUI button, but it still showed Sonobouys from the helicopter. The only way it would show the jammers on the growler again is if I selected a specific ship within the group. However, even though now I could see them, I could not deploy them. There was no range ring, no right-click effect. It had been working earlier in the mission, but not after deploying sonobouys in the helicopter and switching back to the growler.

What does this mean? Is it the 3d view?
It means that you have a better chance of detecting units with your visual sensors aka the crew's eyes (present but not listed on all units, obviously except submerged submarines). The earlier formula didn't properly account for optic diffraction, which gave surface units an unrealistically short range. It applies to IR as well as visual.

What is the size of the patch guys? mine is downloading over 400MB of download. Steam is downloading 2 items but all I can see it is downloading for NWAC. Hmm...

Any changes to any graphic items typically result in a rather large download, as Unity packs assets into resource files.

Ah I see not a problem :) Thanks. Just wondering why steam is saying it is downloading two items but all I can see is the NWAC. The demo is no longer in the library. Not sure what the other item it is downloading. Oh well..

Last edited:
This patch seems to have slowed down my game. I tried Jutland and got regular stutters (graphics and sound) after a while. But then when I reopened the mission to start again they had gone. Could have been because there had earlier been a lot going on but they didnt seem to go away once I had killed a few ships/got rid of a few missiles. The music/sound was even stuttering whilst in the paused state on the escape screen - so dont see how it can be related to whats going on in the game.

Also is it just me or have my ship's missile launch animations disappeared since this patch? The enemy ones still seemed to work but I didnt see any friendly (Nato) missile launch smoke throughout the Jutland mission.

Also my computer crashed trying to start the game a third time when I tried to click on the single player missions option. Couldn't close the game screen or anything - completely froze. Had to Ctl Alt Del to get rid of it. But I have since tried again and it was fine. First crash ever in this game after playing it for 15 hours or more :(

I will try another mission tomorrow and see if I get these stutters back and that would be of concern if it happened in every mission.