• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nats

Major
25 Badges
Oct 8, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
Can we please continue past the success screen?

Just played a great mission tonight, the fifth mission in the NATO campaign I think it was, where you lose a patrol boat very quickly. Anyway I destroyed the two enemy patrol boats eventually using missiles from my fleet boats after somehow having my sub survive about ten torpedoes from god knows where - I assume they were those Russian rocket propelled torps from the patrol boats. How they detected me I have no idea. Certainly I had all the area covered in sonar buoys so there were no subs around. But before that I noticed a possible larger enemy ship well behind those. So I decided to sneak my sub up for a firing solution and ...bam...success screen. How annoying that was!!

And it seems the case that in a lot of these missions I don't bother with subs or helicopters much as they are so slow. I tend to use the planes and, if close enough, the surface fleet to attack the enemies. Same thing every time. I long to be able to get close enough to use my sub and use the helicopters more.

I think its a problem with having no chance to continue past the success screen. You tend to win the mission with the quick units, and meanwhile the slower units never get used. I really hope at some point in the near future I will get the chance to continue the fight against the rear units.

Another problem is I am progressing through the first campaign and I keep thinking how much fun some of these would have been to have continued on. But also what if the next few patches add a lot more into the game. Should I perhaps slow down and wait for a few patches or what? I cant help thinking that the game will get much better, but the problem is do I really want to play it all now or later when its better? A rough roadmap of the likely next couple of patches would be really useful to see!! I can always wait and play the scenarios instead whilst I wait.

Anyway I am very much enjoying the game, it certainly keeps me coming back for more. I am now in the top 25% of players in the achievements so that's not bad. Played the game for about 8 hours now, not including the 8 or so hours I played the demo. That's very good for me.

Last edited:
Know issue to the Devs and on their radar as a requested feature. Along with a number of other items. Check the Suggestions forum to see alot of what folks are requesting.

Totally agree.

Most of missions have very narrow time frame - few hours of simulated time.
This is an advanage - missions could be played and replayed fast enought to be not annoying (especially with no savegame available).
But during this time frame all ships and subs are basicly stationary platforms.

I think its indicative of the quality of the game that some people want to play each mission longer to experience the ship to ship battles as well as the sub-warfare once all the stand off ordinance is gone. Would love to have some sub versus sub and ship versus ship battles without all the planes.