• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(320846)

Private
9 Badges
May 26, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • King Arthur II
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
Being burned by The Kings' Crusade where the game would constantly crash (the unresolved Win7 issue), I'd like to ask how is KA2 at the moment?
I really like Neocore games, but I learned to be cautious.

I tried the demo and the frame rate was catastrophic on any detail level on my i7 and 460GTX card, so I'd like to know if anything has been done about this?
If I'm not mistaken this was a common issue in beta and the early release.

With DirectX 9 in options the game works properly, but fps is too low (15-25 fps on my Intel Core i7, 8GB DDR3, GTX 580). WIth DX 10 and DX 11 fps is good but the game CRUSHES.
Such feeling that developers did optimisation with book "C++ for beginners" in their hands.

Have you played King Arthur 1? It is the point and really successful game.

I want to hope that there will be King Arthur 3 which will be more similar to KA1, than KA2.

Yes I did and really loved it. Although many people complained of performance issues in that game, I never had any kind of issue (well maybe a crash here and there).

It's a wonder how long it took someone to add fantasy to this kind of game, not to mention the really good text adventures.
Even the simplification of KA2 doesn't bother me, I'm just concerned spending money on something that might not work.

At the current state of the game, I have no crashes, and the performance, while not stellar, is decent enough for the game to be enjoyable (HD6800 and Win7/DX11). I doubt that the demo runs with the latest patches (and at the time the demo was released, there were issues with crashes and performances that have for the most part been fixed) - if it is the case, maybe an updated demo would be a good thing :)

If you liked the RPG/text quest aspects of KAI and don't mind the simpler "empire building" elements, you'll probably enjoy the game :)

At the current state of the game, I have no crashes, and the performance, while not stellar, is decent enough for the game to be enjoyable (HD6800 and Win7/DX11). I doubt that the demo runs with the latest patches (and at the time the demo was released, there were issues with crashes and performances that have for the most part been fixed) - if it is the case, maybe an updated demo would be a good thing :)

If you liked the RPG/text quest aspects of KAI and don't mind the simpler "empire building" elements, you'll probably enjoy the game :)

Thanks!
This is the answer I was hoping for, because I know the demo uses that horrible build version and I welcome the simplified empire building.
It's the quests, RTS and RPG parts that I enjoy. The turn based strategy part of Total War is a turn off for me.

That statement is simply untrue. There haven't been any performance fixes since the beta/game came out. Crash fixes sure, performance boosts no. Game runs like crap and is still borderline unplayable for many, for me it's 5-10 FPS on the map and battles takes several minutes to load into and out of. At this point it's highly unlikely they are going to do anything to fix the performance issues, $60 down the toilet.

Well, that did work (mostly) for my system at least :/
That's why maybe an up to date demo would be nice, so that people could know if the game would run fine on their system or not, I guess.

Took a leap of faith for 5€ and the performance for me has greatly improved, while far from perfect it's playable at 20-30 fps. Previously in the demo I just had a slide show.
The biggest performance boost was made by disabling Resolution affects the GUI.