• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wish 1: Independence Wars that actually are successful. As of now large entities are way too powerful as an AI duke or king can never break away from a king or emperor.
Wish 2: Reduce the rate at which you regain troops. Wars can drag on indefinately as both sides keep getting all their troops back in a year or two's time.
Wish 3: Make something else than raw numbers matter. Currently it seems like Army X+100 men will always win over Army X men by virtue of having 100 more men than the other, regardless of terrain, commanders, troop composition and tech. The only time this is not true is when Cavalry Archers enter the mix, but that's also the only exception I have experienced to be major. It doesn't feel like you have a 25 martial commander on your hands because he seems just as effective as the 10 martial guy.

Last edited:
Empires Everywhere mod, but with decent looking heraldy.

Add a bookmark for the fourth crusade, and script it out. Make it cool for both sides!

Similar to starting at 1066 with william the conquerer, the 4th crusade would be an extremely interesting scripted starting point.

The problem with adding bookmarks is that you'll tend to need to re-balance the start of those dates as well.

Here are some bookmarks for you -- if you're interested PM me and I'll send you the relevant text.

Code:
bookmark =
{
	name = "BM_STAMFORD_BRIDGE"
	desc = "BM_STAMFORD_BRIDGE_DESC"
	date = 1066.9.20

character = 122 # Harold Godwinson, King of England
	character = 140 # William the Bastard, Duke of Normandy
	character = 102531 # Harald Hårdråde, King of Norway
}

bookmark =
{
	name = "BM_NORMAN_CONQUEST"
	desc = "BM_NORMAN_CONQUEST_DESC"
	date = 1066.12.26

character = 140 # William the Conqueror, King of England
}

bookmark =
{
	name = "BM_FIRST_CRUSADE"
	desc = "BM_FIRST_CRUSADE_DESC"
	date = 1096.1.1

character = 214 # Philippe I, King of France
	character = 338 # Raymond IV, Duke of Toulouse
	character = 10076 # Robert II, Duke of Flanders
	character = 10072 # Godfrey of Bouillon, Duke of Lower Lorraine
	character = 232563 # Constantine I, Prince of Armenia
	character = 1742 # Alexios I Komnenos, Byzantine Emperor
}

bookmark =
{
	name = "BM_THE_ANARCHY"
	desc = "BM_THE_ANARCHY_DESC"
	date = 1145.1.1

character = 205851 # Stephen of Blois, King of England
	character = 204506 # Geoffrey Plantagenet, Duke of Normandy
}

bookmark =
{
	name = "BM_THIRD_CRUSADE"
	desc = "BM_THIRD_CRUSADE_DESC"
	date = 1187.1.1

character = 204500 # Henry II, King of England
	character = 204510 # Richard the Lionheart, Duke of Aquitaine
	character = 205506 # Philippe II, King of France
	character = 205960 # Henri II, Duke of Champagne
	character = 223522 # Sibylla, Queen of Jerusalem
	character = 212501 # Frederick Barbarossa, Holy Roman Emperor
}

bookmark =
{
	name = "BM_RECONQUISTA"
	desc = "BM_RECONQUISTA_DESC"
	date = 1230.9.24

character = 457620 # Fernando III, King of Castille-León
	character = 460600 # James the Conqueror, King of Aragon
	character = 459562 # Sancho II, King of Portugal
}

bookmark =
{
	name = "BM_HUNDRED_YEARS_WAR"
	desc = "BM_HUNDRED_YEARS_WAR_DESC"
	date = 1337.1.1

character = 454500 # Edward III, King of England
	character = 455500 # Philippe VI, King of France
}

Suggestion:

Removal of "Desires better alliance" with courtiers. They have no titles, there would be no alliance anyway!
They're related to a ruler who is, most likely, answering your request - hence the "desires better alliance".

TITULAR TITLES FOR EVERYONE EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME!

Hahaha, what I mean by this is simply an expansion on the idea of titular titles. I really like that players now have the option to create small kingdom whenever they own the appropriate city. But even more than that, I feel that once a certain set of conditions (determined by the designers) is fullfilled, players could have the option of turning any county of their choice into a kingdom. Perhaps they could have a pop-up asking for a kingdom name, much like when the name of a child is decided. Perhaps they could design the flag through the coat of arms designer. Therefore any kingdom formed during that period that might have been overlooked by Paradox could, in-game, be added by anyone with the appropriate knowledge.

Just food for thought, as I'm sure that if this was to be seriously considered there would be many, many factors to consider (such as finding a way to curb the possible inflation of King titles) (then again, looking at a map of EU3, it's not like there's a certain shortage of kingdom in Europe...).

Marshal Mechanics

Hello!

In my longer games when I have acquired several kingdoms or even an imperial title, I start loosing interest. This is because there is so much micromanagement you have to do all the time when dealing with war, and it gets 10 times worse if you own islands as well. Frankly, it is not fun.

So to deal with this I thought why cannot the council play a larger role? Why is not the Marshal fighting your wars for you, massing your armies and marching on your foes? He serves to be the military arm of his liege after all.

So how would it work? Well, the marshal could for instance command all the vassal levies, and you could be able to command your own personal levies. The marshal could then attach himself to your army, if you desired it, or he could fight on his own. Some kind of interface to control the mechanics of the marshal would be needed, so you could disable him, allow him to command x levies, attach to you army or not or rally your troops in province X.

It is just a thought I had about how to make "end game" scenarios and playing the Kaizer more fun.

If your vassals had +80 relation with the previous king, the heir should get a relation bonus for the first few years of his reign.

What basically ruins an heir/successor to the throne is that Long Reign back to short reign adjustment. There could be a -60 opinion turn around on a succession just because of this one script/feature. I think they should just remove the short reign penalty and then it won't be such a HARSH succession for EVERYBODY.

Randomly from time to time more AI help when the AI declares Independence. One AI duke (except for my large realm of dukedom) isn't going to be able to defeat his Liege by him/herself. Have more PLOTS for independence where the supporters actually support the one declaring independence in war sending their troops and giving bonuses to supply.

More AI COUNT activity: I hardly ever see my AI counts do anything, they don't go after more lands, they don't get into wars, they don't do anything but drink my wine and kill the royal deer. :) I get more peasants revolts than I ever do Count activity.

Rework of female rulers 'desires better alliance'. They are unlikely to get an alliance with a matr marriage, leaving many unmarried. This comes after my daughter, queen of France wont accept matr marriage offers despite having got to 25.

Interesting idea for the future, if it's at all possible: "dynamic" save games, by which I mean being able to take a save game on the menu and actually go back in time like a vanilla start, only within that save game's Europe.

Would probably be very difficult to actually implement if not outright impossible, but it's an idea that intrigued me.

Randomly from time to time more AI help when the AI declares Independence. One AI duke (except for my large realm of dukedom) isn't going to be able to defeat his Liege by him/herself. Have more PLOTS for independence where the supporters actually support the one declaring independence in war sending their troops and giving bonuses to supply.

More AI COUNT activity: I hardly ever see my AI counts do anything, they don't go after more lands, they don't get into wars, they don't do anything but drink my wine and kill the royal deer. :) I get more peasants revolts than I ever do Count activity.

I second this. Especially regarding Count activity.

Chances of conversion reduced in general or within the biggest religions (Catholic, Orthodox, Sunni, Shia, etc.). At least something that prevents wide-spread heresy. It's annoying that HRE constantly keeps being a heresy haven. Not once have HRE remained Catholic in my playthroughs.

Personally I'd like them to rethink the conversion, inquisition, and heresy parts but that would be too much to ask for. Perhaps in an expansion they could improve upon it. However, tweaking the current settings and options would suffice.

Suggestion:

Removal of "Desires better alliance" with courtiers. They have no titles, there would be no alliance anyway!

I agree, unless he/she is a claimant. OTOH I remember one game, where a marriage proposal by a duke was rejected by a king for his sister, only to find out that he (king) later arranged a marriage with a courtier. I can understand initial reluctance, but shouldn't the AI become a bit more active, if after a few years no other good offers were made? And remember previously rejected offers, and if they are available come with an offer themselves?