• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stuckenschmidt

Deus Vult
53 Badges
Jun 25, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
*sigh*

Selfquote from the "1.05 Wishlist"-thread:

I`d like to see a change in the Options-Menu, so I can switch the Fog of War on / off. It would be good (and entertaining), if I could be the spectator of the events and conflicts in other nations, when my own realm is drifting on the sea of harmony.

Come on, Paradox, it can`t be that difficult.

This was addressed in 1.05. The "fow" console command should now work to toggle fog of war, although if I read the change log correctly apparently the command "debug fow" has been working the whole time.

Make 1.06 the religion overhaul!

* Expand on the Orthodox church, make it comparable to playing a Catholic Christian in terms of events and stuff going on.

* Full vanilla support for playable Muslims and Pagans. Give separate pagans their own icons. And give them their own events, options for heads of "churches", and the like.

Option to grant independence with lose of prestige or smth. Please.
Bigger bonus to relations for dynasty members (it is +5 right now).
Imho the fog of war should be turned off in countries that are controlled by my close relatives (like sons with king titles on the other side of the map).

Make 1.06 the religion overhaul!

* Expand on the Orthodox church, make it comparable to playing a Catholic Christian in terms of events and stuff going on.

* Full vanilla support for playable Muslims and Pagans. Give separate pagans their own icons. And give them their own events, options for heads of "churches", and the like.

The part about playing as Muslims and Pagans will most likely be a DLC seeming as that would be huge.

Achievements!

There are actually a whole bunch of achievements in the achievement file. I was trying to figure out why none of them were firing in my game.

There are actually a whole bunch of achievements in the achievement file. I was trying to figure out why none of them were firing in my game.
I know. But Paradox said they have a lot of more important things to do. They said that 2 months ago. So, i think, now it's the time to make "not-important" stuff as achievements :)
I've already completed half of them. And now i have to do them again when Paradox finally will realese "achieve's patch"? :) I doubt i can.

Said it once and will ask politely again: there are a few of us who would like to control death by old age for our mods. We'd really appreciate the help. I know there is already a console command for age... even if we could fire it through an event that would be enough!

Thanks!

Said it once and will ask politely again: there are a few of us who would like to control death by old age for our mods. We'd really appreciate the help. I know there is already a console command for age... even if we could fire it through an event that would be enough!

Thanks!

Captain gars Told me there was no such command

Though me may get lucky and they might add one in the future

and to the topic I want to see naval battles, and a name your own duchy, kingdom, empire, kinda like how you can name your own provinces if you independent. (also change that so you can rename provinces if your not independent)

I want to be able to use all cb at once. Pisses me off when I am for once in the funds to declare war on the King of France or Hungary and then I can only press EITHER my de jure claim OR my courtier's one.

The annoying part is where you have a ten year truce after every successful war so you cannot redeclare asap to push the second claim, although the mechanic denies you from bringing it all on the table when presenting the cb in the war declaration

I want to be able to use all cb at once. Pisses me off when I am for once in the funds to declare war on the King of France or Hungary and then I can only press EITHER my de jure claim OR my courtier's one.

The annoying part is where you have a ten year truce after every successful war so you cannot redeclare asap to push the second claim, although the mechanic denies you from bringing it all on the table when presenting the cb in the war declaration

The mechanic exists to prevent blobs from blobbing up that much faster. If you could press ALL claims for ALL duchies/claimants at once, you'd grow in size at a ridiculous rate. It would be absolutely broken. If you want to take a bunch of land at once, fabricate a bunch of claims before declaring the war ontop of any you might've inherited.

But what you're asking for would turn this would trivialize expansion and make it so a single war is much more likely to absolutely cripple any rivals.

I'd like more options for setting the scope of a war

I would like to see a more comprehensive war system to set the scope of a declared war, being able to press more than one claim per war declaration and have the option to press multiple types of claims simultaneously.

For example, as Emperor of the HRE, I'd like to be able to declare war on the Pomeranian leader seeking the following objectives:

1) Holy War On Pomerania for the Duchy of Pomerania
1a) Press De Jure claim on (County A in Duchy Pomerania) for (Vassal with a claim)

2) Holy War On Pomerania for the Duchy of Estonia

3) Press De Jure claim on (County B not in either of the Duchies already being claimed) for (Vassal with a claim)

The warscore for the war should be heavily weighted toward sieges taking place in the contested lands and major battles anywhere. Each claim should be evaluated separately in peace negotiations. In our example above, the war has been going mostly well, with several provinces occupied in Pomerania, including County A, as well as County B. In the peace agreement the AI offers:

1) HRE victory - gains occupied territories in Duchy of Pomerania, +100 prestige, +X MA%.
1a) ^^^ County A is occupied and goes to the vassal with a claim, +vassal opinion, etc.

2) White Peace/Inconclusive - Duchy of Estonia stays in hands of Pomerania, -50 prestige. -1 MA%

3) HRE victory - County B goes to vassal with a claim, +50 prestige

For AI decision-making purposes, each claim can be evaluated from its own warscore (occupations in that area + contribution of global victories), weighted sum determines total warscore. It'd also be nice to see the individual warscore for each claim.

So, it'd be easier to do enough to win a very small-scope war, for example fighting for a single county requiring *much* less accumulated warscore than trying to capture multiple duchies.

It'd also be cool to be able to declare war to force someone to give up their claim, or force them to transfer a vassal, etc.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to add additional claims in the middle of a war if it's going really well.

I noticed that you can press all of your own claims at the same time now. Is that not what you're referring to? For instance, Castille can simultaneously press claims for the Kingdom of Galicia and Leon.