• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What I'd like to see in the future are:

I. Reworked Emperor/Empire mechanics: HRE too strong, Byzantines(?), more possible empires

IA. Holy Roman Empire: it's too powerful and stable
What game are you playing?

In any I had so far, the HRE always ends up being eaten up by Civil War - with all the other European Powers cheerfully preying Duchies off it's borders.
100 years into the game, the Emperor has a hard time fighting offensive wars at all, being so bled out from fighting his own Dukes. That's really a special kind of "stable and powerful"...

I like these ideas the CK+ mod aims to implement (not the the MOD is my cup of tea given its crazy de jure empires).

- More dynamic civil wars: Vassals without high loyalty that demand titles or favors to stay loyal, while loyalist vassals give you additional support.
- Vassals with whom you have marriage alliances become more loyal. Marry your way into a stable realm.
- Rebalance province values to better match history.

The Vassal marriage alliances is inspired. Kinda key aspect to medieval statecraft, securing loyalty that way.

Some way to provisionally hold a title and not add onto its history immediately. It bugs me some that whatever titles I create, I am added onto the history, even if I grant it out a few days later. Or, worse yet, when the dynastic holder of a title dies out, giving me a title. I think it would be nice if there was a check, perhaps forcing the ruler to hold the title for a mere month, before they get added to the history and affect the regnal list of names.
Adding onto this: elections. I wish that they were not so tied onto ethnicity as it currently seems. In fact, I'm not sure I've seen more than but a handful of dukes vote for a king-candidate of another ethnicity. Makes running a multi-ethnic kingdom rather difficult :(
I like these ideas the CK+ mod aims to implement (not the the MOD is my cup of tea given its crazy de jure empires).
Off-topic, but there's a module included with the CK+ mod that disables those empires :)

Three things:

1. Change the scoring system to be Dynasty based. Using the in-game Dynasty score as the measure of success would lend more weight to playing the dynastic way.
1.1. Compare the end-score with other dynasties in the game you just finished.

2. Change the Raise Realm Levies from getting direct personal control over your vassals troops, to your vassal joining your war more like allies. How much they like you, coupled with laws would still determine how large a portion they raise.
2.1. If the war is about pressing claims for a vassal, let that affect troop-numbers also.

3. Make raised levies MUCH more expensive, and also have upkeep on "dormant" levies.

Apparently 4 things:

4. Nicknames affect dynastic score. A guy known in his time as the Great would be somewhat more prestigeous for his dynasty than another known as "the Unready".
4.1. Bring back beatification, and let that be a title increasing dynastic prestige. Add it as an ambition.

Last edited:
3. Make raised levies MUCH more expensive, and also have upkeep on "dormant" levies.

Ummmm ugh NO! ;) Mercs and Holy Orders cost enough as it is don't need more costs to our regular levies I'd like to build structures in the game thank you very much. ;)

Ummmm ugh NO! ;) Mercs and Holy Orders cost enough as it is don't need more costs to our regular levies I'd like to build structures in the game thank you very much. ;)

Chicken :p

As it is now, I can have all levies raised all the time (whyever I would is another question) and never go in the red. for one, that's as far from historicity as you can get, and for the other, there is never a question if going to war is the smart move. You always make more money at war, than at peace. There's really no downside to warfare. Which there should be, if for no other reason than to make diplomatic expansion a viable alternative.

Chicken :p

As it is now, I can have all levies raised all the time (whyever I would is another question) and never go in the red. for one, that's as far from historicity as you can get, and for the other, there is never a question if going to war is the smart move. You always make more money at war, than at peace. There's really no downside to warfare. Which there should be, if for no other reason than to make diplomatic expansion a viable alternative.
I thought back then you didn't have professional standing-armies, meaning that they did it without pay, only due to vassal hierarchy/relations of medieval times? What you're paying for is basically just food and initial war supplies. But I agree that there should be a downside to warfare. Maybe add a feature to choose whether or not pay +/- fees for the equipment/food/shelter(Maybe a need to rest in towns?), the result of high or low pay for these supplies would be desertation, levies dying, etc?

I would love to have some more diplomatic options. Say forinstance I try to Arrest the Queen and she flees to another court. That in real life would have diplomatic consiquences, Give me the ability to request they turn her over we go to war. They perhaps can have responses of, Risk war and harbor fellon, Ransom fellon for X, turn fellon over and gain prestiege or a allie.

please let me name Grandchildren.

Please let me chose if I want a nickname, each ruller being "The great" gets old. Dialogue say can be , " you have earned the nackname " The Great" do you acknowledge this nickname Yes Gain prestiege, No gain piety

Some improvements to the character searching screen would be very much appreciated.

-Search option for my dynasty only
-Only show the characters under my direct control

Edit: I do realize you can sort characters by dynasty, but thats not enough in my opinion. As you cant sort them by stats etc this way.

- Give mongols abilities to sack all buildings(destroy up to 50% of tiers - random) in a barony after taking it from disloyal vassals. Mongols did not tolerate any disloyalty and killed every person they could find to guarantee tribute is paid to them regularly. Or mongol option to sack a barony after siege period. For those that want to play a ck2-eu3 conversion.. I think it would make it where the arabs are where they are regularly in EU3 if the mongols could decimate them.

- Random chance to reduce a building by 1 tier during a siege. Make it not to common but catapulting boulders/stones or burning/diseased cows/bodies(mongols) into a city means something is going to break or burn!

~ forgot something

Last edited:
Effect of and reaction to traits, events, etc, based on reacting character's religion or culture, as opposed to universal.

I would like to have the Transfer Vassal command more efficient. When I'm getting negative relationship penalties because I'm the liege of something in their de jure county or duchy I would like to have a separate header for people under de jure so I don't have to scroll through 100 different barons and bishops when I want to transfer one castle or church.