• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Portugal doesn't seem to get its own unit sprites, unlike in normal FTG, unless I'm missing something?

I think that Zakarag has done the neccessary work for the next release, but right now POR SPA area (the only one that I checked right now) doesn't seem fixed regarding the sprites.

Last edited:
I think that Zakarag is done the neccessary work for the next release, but right now POR SPA area (the only one that I checked right now) doesn't seem fixed regarding the sprites.

Yes, that is what I meant. All sprites have been modified for version 0.03, but that version has not yet been released. It will be shortly, though... all East Asian and Central Asian events, monarchs, and leaders will also be fully updated to AGCEEP 1.59 for version 0.03, along with a number of other additions/modifications.

Yes, that is what I meant. All sprites have been modified for version 0.03, but that version has not yet been released. It will be shortly, though... all East Asian and Central Asian events, monarchs, and leaders will also be fully updated to AGCEEP 1.59 for version 0.03, along with a number of other additions/modifications.

That would be absolutely fantastic, I'd be happy to play test this (with Portugal and/or Russia, probably)!

This seems like quite an undertaking, Zakarag. Good luck and thank you.

I've just finished and uploaded version 0.03; it can be downloaded, as always, from the thread at http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?604228-MyMap-Expansion-Project-%28MEP%29-download-thread.

All Asian events, monarchs, and leaders, except in the Middle East, have been fully updated to AGCEEP 1.58. Quite a few other modifications have been made as well; see the latest changelog in the download thread for details. Hopefully over the next few months the rest of the world will be finished!

pgroves said:
That would be absolutely fantastic, I'd be happy to play test this (with Portugal and/or Russia, probably)!
Pied-Noir said:
This seems like quite an undertaking, Zakarag. Good luck and thank you.

Thank you as well for the support! And, of course, play-testing is always welcomed.

EUnderhill said:
Portugal seems to have far too many provinces...no point to not start mass colonization fom the get-go.

I have little to no skills in using Magellan, so I can't alter anything regarding the map or attempt to improve upon it.

Edit: On an unrelated note, I've been investigating the causes of CTDs in MyMap. Bizarrely, it seems like it has nothing to do with the scenario itself, but rather something to do with the way the software accesses graphics files. Almost all crashes occur when the game tries to reference a bmp image, most frequently the torn white flag for retreating armies. Unfortunately, I have no idea of what can be done to fix this, or even why it occurs.

Last edited:
Just because the retreat flag is the last file accessed by the game doesn't mean it's the source of the crashes.

Have you tried running Jamie550's validator on this mod? It might help you find the crashes. Otherwise, I'll take a look at it when I have some time. (Of course, I would have anyway; this looks like an interesting mod.)

Just because the retreat flag is the last file accessed by the game doesn't mean it's the source of the crashes.

Have you tried running Jamie550's validator on this mod? It might help you find the crashes. Otherwise, I'll take a look at it when I have some time. (Of course, I would have anyway; this looks like an interesting mod.)

Yes, I validate the mod before each release (and usually more frequently than that). It always shows a few errors, but I test them to make sure they're false positives. For example, the validator doesn't yet parse the 'type = control' command correctly, and it doesn't yet recognize that actions can now have triggers, or that scenario files can have casus belli provinces, etc., but the events work properly nonetheless.

You're right, of course, that the last file accessed need not be the cause of the crashes, but the fact that that file is particluarly correlated to crashes does seem to imply that something about the retreat process might be to blame. On the other hand, the correlation might be coincidental.

Edit: I've had a few more instances of this, so I doubt it's coincidental. The last two lines are always thus:

Code:
mod_file.cpp:35 Checked for moddir file "mods\MEP\gfx\map\flags\special\flag_exiled.bmp". Not found, searching for vanilla file.
mod_file.cpp:46 Opened vanilla file "gfx\map\flags\special\flag_exiled.bmp" with mode "rb".

In any case, thank you for your work on FTG in general!

Last edited:
myMAP was my favorite. Thanks for the port/update. I will try it. :)

Edit: On an unrelated note, I've been investigating the causes of CTDs in MyMap. Bizarrely, it seems like it has nothing to do with the scenario itself, but rather something to do with the way the software accesses graphics files. Almost all crashes occur when the game tries to reference a bmp image, most frequently the torn white flag for retreating armies. Unfortunately, I have no idea of what can be done to fix this, or even why it occurs.
The problem with CTDs seems to have subsided. I got only one CTD in over 100 years of gameplay.

Well, I've been working with Zakarag on it, but right now I have no info on what is going on. He hasn't answered any messages or e-mails for a month, and without the next version I'm stuck with my part of the work. He DOES come occasionaly online, about once a week, but that's it. I just hope this isn't dead. (and if Zakarag abandons it, I'll be ready to continue working on it with others),

Well, I've been working with Zakarag on it, but right now I have no info on what is going on. He hasn't answered any messages or e-mails for a month, and without the next version I'm stuck with my part of the work. He DOES come occasionaly online, about once a week, but that's it. I just hope this isn't dead. (and if Zakarag abandons it, I'll be ready to continue working on it with others),
Bizarre. Do you know his telephone number or facebook profile? Start stalking Zakarag until he answers.

Well, I think that if Zakarag doesn't show at least SOME signs of life by the end of the month, this incarnation can be pronounced dead. I'll continue updating 0.3 to 1.58, but that's it, it seems.

Well, I think that if Zakarag doesn't show at least SOME signs of life by the end of the month, this incarnation can be pronounced dead. I'll continue updating 0.3 to 1.58, but that's it, it seems.

Please do so, nothing quite equals the sheer sexiness of mymap ... even with it's few idiosyncrasies.